Devs are hiding

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
MisterMorden

Devs are hiding

Postby MisterMorden » 25 February 2016, 11:02

There are no information about the multiplayer beta, the official release date, system requirements and 2 races are still missing.
They use twitter but even there you don't get any usefull information, this is really poor because we are able to buy the game and if i pay for something at least i want to know how the devs are making progress.

edit: dev answer on page 2.
Last edited by MisterMorden on 25 February 2016, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

Larkis

Re: Devs are hiding

Postby Larkis » 25 February 2016, 11:21

Indeed. I think about cancel the preorder. Everytime devs are quiet af few weeks before release, the game ist massively broken.

No dev comnentaries, no informations about gameplay, no gameplay-videos, just fast cuttet faction trailers, no informations about multiplayer or functionality in the campaign...

Looks like the game is nothing more than nice graphic. Everything else seems to be broken.

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 25 February 2016, 12:52

If you go to the twitter feed, you can find that a press event, sponsored by Focus Home, is going to be held soon. Orks and Eldar are present in the game, although I understand that the lack of video dedicated to them can be disconcerting. And please keep commentary on the game "being broken" to within the area that you are qualified to attest to, as by your profile it is obvious you have not been part of the Alpha or the Closed Technical Test; if you had been, you would love the game as whole heartedly as the rest of the community. I can understand how, for instance, Grey Seer is nothing but ironclad skepticism, but for him (or her) it is in the interest in making the game worth purchasing by weeding out any nonsense in the games design. By comparison, this section here is filled primarily with uninformed slander, held up only by the fact that we admittedly do not have game trailers for Orks or Eldar. Hopefully that issue will be alleviated soon.

If you are worried about your money being wasted, just wait until the Open Beta. I promise you will think your expenditure was money well spent, and even if you don not like the game you can easily refund your purchase through Steam. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain from this arrangement Steam has, so take advantage of it by waiting untill you get a taste of gameplay before you decide whether or not to pull the plug.

https://twitter.com/BFG_Armada
Last edited by Owl on 25 February 2016, 13:13, edited 4 times in total.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 25 February 2016, 12:55

*Devs are busy.

The game was playable at alpha and in the CTT but they have A LOT to work on.
I have every confidence (and from what the devs have said on the CTT and Alpha forums) that all reasourse and attention is going into acting on feedback in the run-up to release.

EDIT: and the other races are present, they just don't have much video coverage.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

MisterMorden

Postby MisterMorden » 25 February 2016, 13:17

it is not the lack of video it is the lack of information in general while people already bought the game.
their behavior isn't customer friendly, that is my point.

if i need to be in ctt or alpha testing to see that this game will be released soon or that it really will work at release they are doing something wrong.
Last edited by MisterMorden on 25 February 2016, 13:19, edited 1 time in total.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 25 February 2016, 13:19

MisterMorden wrote:it is not the lack of video it is the lack of information in general while people already bought the game.
their beheavior isn't customer friendly, that is my point.

if i need to be in ctt or alpha testing to see that this game will be released soon or that it really will work at release they are doing something wrong.

But you don't...
We have access to all the information you do.
The only difference is that we've play tested the game as well.

I really don't see this issue.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Owl
Community Moderator

Postby Owl » 25 February 2016, 13:25

If there is a lack of information it is because the developers are not comfortable enough to set their design in stone; while this can be easily misunderstood as the coniving tendency of a money-hungry developer, in this case I must say the developers hesitancy is more akin to surveyors taking the lay of the land before they begin construction. If you need information, regardless of whether or not it is perfectly accurate, then this forum is the place for you. Cal (the guy with the scary, black armored Space
Marine Avatar) is rather famous around the forum for his contributions both as a community leader and someone with a vested interest in naval warfare in 40k. He and hundreds of others like him have posted an immense amount of information on here, so I encourage you to become involved in it both for the communities enrichment and to sate your need for information.

Lord Baal

Postby Lord Baal » 25 February 2016, 13:52

Au contraire. Let's consider that this game developer, while no small, is not either a powerhouse of the industry. What I mean is that is a "modest" developer, and I'm not saying it in a pejorative way at all, I'm talking about size/resources while compared to, say Creative Assembly for example.

So, I very much can expect them to not make a carnival of publicity for the game, in fact that gives me sort of peace of mind, considering they are not expending their limited budget on publicity and instead they are focused on making the game as perfect as they can (hopefully).
The Emperor is master of the galaxy, but the captain is master of his ship.
-Popular naval saying

MisterMorden

Postby MisterMorden » 25 February 2016, 13:58

Lord Baal wrote:Au contraire. Let's consider that this game developer, while no small, is not either a powerhouse of the industry. What I mean is that is a "modest" developer, and I'm not saying it in a pejorative way at all, I'm talking about size/resources while compared to, say Creative Assembly for example.

So, I very much can expect them to not make a carnival of publicity for the game, in fact that gives me sort of peace of mind, considering they are not expending their limited budget on publicity and instead they are focused on making the game as perfect as they can (hopefully).

but this has nothing to do with the topic.

Nudjisquy

Postby Nudjisquy » 25 February 2016, 14:02

My thinking is that dev (or CM netheos if you're here ;) ) should post something, even if it's "sorry we are busy but don't worry", so community could stop making theories. (sorry if bad english :p)

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”