[Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Spaceboss Rok-Krusha

[Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Spaceboss Rok-Krusha » 24 April 2016, 11:14

Hi folks. I'm playing Orks, and I'm trying to enjoy the Blood Axe favour - before anyone says, yes I know it is perceived as "garbage", no worries there, I'm under no illusion.

So the Nova Kannon. I have no real problem with it blowing itself to smithereens 25% of the time, but it seems to take the whole prow with it when it goes - my Cruiser with Mega Kannon and (I think) Mega Zzap Kannon was rendered all but useless by rolling a 1 on a four sided dice. Lesson learned, ship redesigned for broadsides.

Looted Orky weapons should be unreliable. They should blow up. But should it really take the whole prow armament with it? Anyone have any opinions on this? Oh, and I think another time I got boarded, my prow weapon taken down, and that took out the Nova Kannon too. Seems to be a possible "Any weapon destroyed on the prow destroys everything on the prow".

If you have Blood Axe pride, let me know how you feel one way or the other, and thanks in advance for taking the time to discuss with a new player.

Flyingrhinoman

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Flyingrhinoman » 24 April 2016, 11:17

I think its a hang over from how the TT worked but I agree that its excessive but make sense form a nova cannon because of how unstable the ammo is and how ill caring works are lore wise. Like I said its a hang over from the TT
For those who challenge the might of the Imperium I laugh at you as you desperately try to damage the armored prow while I watch you scrabble to doge my glorious swarm of torpedoes. Eldar please run away

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Imperator5 » 24 April 2016, 12:18

Yeah it should just destroy itself, but not the rest of the prow guns.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 24 April 2016, 12:43

Spaceboss Rok-Krusha wrote:Hi folks. I'm playing Orks, and I'm trying to enjoy the Blood Axe favour - before anyone says, yes I know it is perceived as "garbage", no worries there, I'm under no illusion.

So the Nova Kannon. I have no real problem with it blowing itself to smithereens 25% of the time, but it seems to take the whole prow with it when it goes - my Cruiser with Mega Kannon and (I think) Mega Zzap Kannon was rendered all but useless by rolling a 1 on a four sided dice. Lesson learned, ship redesigned for broadsides.

Looted Orky weapons should be unreliable. They should blow up. But should it really take the whole prow armament with it? Anyone have any opinions on this? Oh, and I think another time I got boarded, my prow weapon taken down, and that took out the Nova Kannon too. Seems to be a possible "Any weapon destroyed on the prow destroys everything on the prow".

If you have Blood Axe pride, let me know how you feel one way or the other, and thanks in advance for taking the time to discuss with a new player.

I agree with this.
It should just destroy itself, right now the reward isn't high enough to warrant such a heavy handed risk.

On the Other hand, I would rather see ships permitted to have +1 kustom point instead, much more Orky than a Nova Kannon.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 24 April 2016, 13:25

CALiGeR190 wrote:
On the Other hand, I would rather see ships permitted to have +1 kustom point instead, much more Orky than a Nova Kannon.

this is something that shuls come with the base faction
+1 kustom point seem like it would be clunky to implement cause custom points arnt like +1 upgrade slots, your redesigning your ship after youve already designed it once

if the stats of the bombardment cannon are indeed 45 with 15s relaoad with 22% crit chance on a 270 firing arc with 6k range then i move that orks get a prow mounted looted bombardment kannon instead of a looted NK

the way kustom points work atm is that orks can either get a strong prow or strong broadsides, a looted BK would allow people whom go for strong broadsides to still have a threathing prow, and for thoses whom go for scary prows with mega kannonz can have an even scarier prow

and it shouldnt explode since all it would be is just 1 extra heavy gunz , the thing is all ork favors are competing with the utility of trakktor cannons and +25% combustion

another thing is that insted of silent running it should give orks a movement speed and dmg buff if they get taunted so that tuanting and controlling orks ship for 22.5s becomes risk and reward
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Littlerift

Postby Littlerift » 24 April 2016, 15:31

None of the weapons in the game should destroy themselves upon firing, it's tacky and frustrating.

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 24 April 2016, 15:50

Bludfist wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:

+1 kustom point seem like it would be clunky to implement cause custom points arnt like +1 upgrade slots, your redesigning your ship after youve already designed it once

if the stats of the bombardment cannon are indeed 45 with 15s relaoad with 22% crit chance on a 270 firing arc with 6k range then i move that orks get a prow mounted looted bombardment kannon instead of a looted NK

the way kustom points work atm is that orks can either get a strong prow or strong broadsides, a looted BK would allow people whom go for strong broadsides to still have a threathing prow, and for thoses whom go for scary prows with mega kannonz can have an even scarier prow

and it shouldnt explode since all it would be is just 1 extra heavy gunz , the thing is all ork favors are competing with the utility of trakktor cannons and +25% combustion

another thing is that insted of silent running it should give orks a movement speed and dmg buff if they get taunted so that tuanting and controlling orks ship for 22.5s becomes risk and reward

i dont feel orks need more prow facing high alpha weapons. :P

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 24 April 2016, 16:33

Avlaen wrote:
Bludfist wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:

i dont feel orks need more prow facing high alpha weapons. :P

1 heavy gunz isn't going to make that much difference

Ork alpha can be countered by supercharge void shield

If orks weren't be slowest faction with the worst accuracy in the game, if lotsa gunz were worth even using, they wouldn't need slow firing, range limited high alpha weapons

Atleast this favor would let orks field carriers without feeling like their completely screwing their broadsides over

And would make it viable to do something besides only mega kannonz or only heavy gunz

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 25 April 2016, 00:14

the bombardment cannons stats aren't nesscarily going to be that bludfist and keep in mind that there are several differant versions of nova cannons that appered throughout the table top game..

the first is the dorsal mounted strangth 8 bombardment cannon on the battle barge.

secondly there is the prow mounted one on the strike cruiser a strength 6 270 degree weapon.

but for your purposes there are also the bombardment cannons orks had.. a strength 6 front arc only weapon, on their battleships and battle cruisers,

so IMHO Orks should indeed get bombardment cannons, but as a kustomization prow option for their BCs and BBs.

thgat said I think the reason why the NC takes out the entire prow is to dischourage nova spamming. an ork player who really wants to can spam a LOT of nova cannons in a 700 point game

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 25 April 2016, 00:44

BrianDavion wrote:the bombardment cannons stats aren't nesscarily going to be that bludfist and keep in mind that there are several differant versions of nova cannons that appered throughout the table top game..

the first is the dorsal mounted strangth 8 bombardment cannon on the battle barge.

secondly there is the prow mounted one on the strike cruiser a strength 6 270 degree weapon.

but for your purposes there are also the bombardment cannons orks had.. a strength 6 front arc only weapon, on their battleships and battle cruisers,

so IMHO Orks should indeed get bombardment cannons, but as a kustomization prow option for their BCs and BBs.

thgat said I think the reason why the NC takes out the entire prow is to dischourage nova spamming. an ork player who really wants to can spam a LOT of nova cannons in a 700 point game

yeah thats the reason but while the intention is good it just resulted in a lack luster favor than cant really compete

i said prow mounted bobrdment cannon if thoses are indded the stats and the bombarment cannon turns out to be a heavy gunz with a 270 arc and 6k range, if its some crazy stuff like double mega kannon then ofc not :P

also i want to see something done about the obscene control vs ork ships vs taunt

hence the dmg and move speed suggestion for taunted ork ships to make it risk vs reward thrugh i would prefer it be a core race trait

also honorable mention for more kustomization points for ships, cant keep inc "options" but not inc points

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”