Players Hacking Upgrades and Skills

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Dom073

Players Hacking Upgrades and Skills

Postby Dom073 » 22 April 2016, 21:14

Hello all, I just registered to bring light to this problem I have recently run into in the online multiplayer, that some people have been running around the multiplayer with obviously hacked ships. I didn't see any option to bring up his actual player name, no multiplayer tab that i could see, but i could click on his ship and saw his LVL 2 Eldar Captain with 8 UPGRADES and MAX Skills.

Is there a way to enforce the skill and upgrade limit per ship for the LVL of the Captain? Needs to be addressed if possible, instead of being lucky enough to get a screen shot with steams F12 option of his player name before the match. Hope bringing this up helps get it addressed.
Attachments
20160422130250_1.jpg
20160422130250_1.jpg (402.39 KiB) Viewed 2590 times

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Re: Players Hacking Upgrades and Skills

Postby CALiGeR190 » 22 April 2016, 21:18

Dom073 wrote:Hello all, I just registered to bring light to this problem I have recently run into in the online multiplayer, that some people have been running around the multiplayer with obviously hacked ships. I didn't see any option to bring up his actual player name, no multiplayer tab that i could see, but i could click on his ship and saw his LVL 2 Eldar Captain with 8 UPGRADES and MAX Skills.

Is there a way to enforce the skill and upgrade limit per ship for the LVL of the Captain? Needs to be addressed if possible, instead of being lucky enough to get a screen shot with steams F12 option of his player name before the match. Hope bringing this up helps get it addressed.

Are you sure he was LvL two?
The MM hasn't been fully implemented yet so you may just have been shafted with an uneven match up.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

aprg

Postby aprg » 22 April 2016, 21:20

CALiGeR190 wrote:Are you sure he was LvL two?
The MM hasn't been fully implemented yet so you may just have been shafted with an uneven match up.

Dude, did you check the screenshot before posting? It's an Eldar cruiser with SIX visible Skills and EIGHT visible Upgrades.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 22 April 2016, 21:21

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Dom073 wrote:Hello all, I just registered to bring light to this problem I have recently run into in the online multiplayer, that some people have been running around the multiplayer with obviously hacked ships. I didn't see any option to bring up his actual player name, no multiplayer tab that i could see, but i could click on his ship and saw his LVL 2 Eldar Captain with 8 UPGRADES and MAX Skills.

Are you sure he was LvL two?

You can see the level of the ship on the screenshot and the amount of upgrades won't be possible even with a lvl10 ship
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 22 April 2016, 21:23

Oh.
I miscounted the number of upgrades and I didn't notice the skills or ship level.

Yeah it's a hack.
Report to the technical forum.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Sanguinebutthole

Postby Sanguinebutthole » 22 April 2016, 21:43

Wow.... That sucks. Now that is gonna run rampant. Why do people have to ruin a potentially great game.
Dear God, please give us back Prince. We are willing to give you Kanye, Lil' Wayne, the Kardashians, and every single twitch and youtube streaming bozo...oh and people confused about what john to use in public...

warsinger2

Postby warsinger2 » 22 April 2016, 21:52

You just can not release a game these days that has pvp without some kind of punkbuster.

krowoburger

Postby krowoburger » 22 April 2016, 22:19

just lol, imo every cheater deserve 9mm into head

Kine²

Postby Kine² » 22 April 2016, 23:07

mp profiles broken into omgosh
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

LupusXIII

Postby LupusXIII » 23 April 2016, 00:07

got a case aswell but also could be a bug played with someone in a 2v2 who was designatet as a IN player but fielded nothing but chaos ships but there were nothing strange with the ships not sure what the reason for a hack like this is unless it gives him access to IN upgrades and favors

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”