Getting back to the game after a long time

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Vahouth

Getting back to the game after a long time

Postby Vahouth » 15 September 2016, 10:00

I don't know if it's supposed to be this way but there are a few of things happening in Skirmish mode that I find odd and would like some input.

1) Why can't I choose the point limit of my battles? I don't want every match to be 600-700 points, I enjoyed smaller ones as well.
2) Maybe it's a bug, but I had 2-3 occasions where ramming my Battlebarge to another ship, resulted in the destruction of my perfectly healthy ship. In a mere second it had lost all of it's shields and hitpoints in a Catastrophic Blast! WTF
3) What does Elite mode do? Either than the occasional Blackstone Fortress or Planet Killer when fighting Chaos, I didn't notice much of a difference.
4) Ship Captains have a habit of recycling their looks. Sometimes even their names.

Ashardalon

Re: Getting back to the game after a long time

Postby Ashardalon » 15 September 2016, 11:34

1. custom games if its PvE i think, i dont tend too play custom
for PvP i dont think there is a big enough player base for a feature like that,500pts is my favorite as well, 2v2 is 300-400 so thats close?
2.ramming shouldnt do anything vs shields so im guessing your enemy had a warpdrive explosion when you rammed it to death
if its orks with the bonkers meck i think that it could insta kill a BB but im not sure, still a BB is tough so might be bug
3. ad 1% points per rank ontop of heroic difficulty and a special ship every 10
4. artists are expensive so the devs were not able to hire an artist to make a literally infinite number of captain portraits, thats why captain portraits repeat, because there is a finite number of portraits available, eventually you are going to repeat
would love some more tho

Vahouth

Postby Vahouth » 15 September 2016, 11:53

Ashardalon wrote:1. custom games if its PvE i think, i dont tend too play custom
for PvP i dont think there is a big enough player base for a feature like that,500pts is my favorite as well, 2v2 is 300-400 so thats close?
2.ramming shouldnt do anything vs shields so im guessing your enemy had a warpdrive explosion when you rammed it to death
if its orks with the bonkers meck i think that it could insta kill a BB but im not sure, still a BB is tough so might be bug
4. artists are expensive so the devs were not able to hire an artist to make a literally infinite number of captain portraits, thats why captain portraits repeat, because there is a finite number of portraits available, eventually you are going to repeat
would love some more tho

1) I know about custom games, but I was talking about Skirmish specifically. I enjoy the leveling aspect of this mode.
2) That's just the problem, only the BB exploded, the other ship survived! So far it has happened against a Tau Cruiser, a Chaos Cruiser and an Imperial Cruiser. Every time, only the BB exploded, and that's with charged shields and full health!
3)That's good to know, thanks! There should be a tooltip explaining that IMHO. BTW is it normal to have to fight a Blackstone Fortress in Skirmish? Can I choose it as a Chaos player?
4) That's not what I meant. I know that the same portraits are used for multiple captains. What I'm saying is that the same captain has changed 3 portraits until level 10. One of them even changed his name lol. And no, I did not execute the previous one.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 15 September 2016, 14:08

Vahouth wrote:
Ashardalon wrote:1. custom games if its PvE i think, i dont tend too play custom
would love some more tho

1) I know about custom games, but I was talking about Skirmish specifically. I enjoy the leveling aspect of this mode.
2) That's just the problem, only the BB exploded, the other ship survived! So far it has happened against a Tau Cruiser, a Chaos Cruiser and an Imperial Cruiser. Every time, only the BB exploded, and that's with charged shields and full health!
3)That's good to know, thanks! There should be a tooltip explaining that IMHO. BTW is it normal to have to fight a Blackstone Fortress in Skirmish? Can I choose it as a Chaos player?
4) That's not what I meant. I know that the same portraits are used for multiple captains. What I'm saying is that the same captain has changed 3 portraits until level 10. One of them even changed his name lol. And no, I did not execute the previous one.

1) Design flaw of SS
2) Can't honestly say what happened
3) Enemy gets 1% additional fleet points per level. On higher levels you get zerg swarmed (hesitate to say tyranids since we will see them sooner or later). Also no matter what difficulty level you play on, elite mode is set to heroic every single time. Every 10th elite battle features Planet Killer, Blackstone Fortress or ork space hulk. No you can't choose your opponent and playing chaos or orkz doesn't matter (I play chaos, encountered PK 1st three times)
4) Captain portraits change when you reset crew points too, maybe some bug when you level up crew members?
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 15 September 2016, 16:39

The explosions sounds like a bug and you should report it in the technical section.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 15 September 2016, 17:30

1.would like it too but not an option now, i have started plenty of new fleets because i love the 500point games but once you unlock 700 its the only thing you see
2. definitely a bug, as someone who plays Goff orks i can say with certainty that those things are supposed to be though as F against ramming, really really annoiingly though as F
3.no it is not normal to fight a blackstone fortress in skirmish, maybe turned on elite by accident? and no there is no way of controlling a blackstonefortress a spacehulk or the planetkiller in skirmish or any other mode, maybe would be decent against AI but in general those ships arent that great anyway
4.did your ship die at some point? the tings that can kill a captain are execution, ship death or resetting crew points
if none of these happened that was also a bug, eldar had a portrait bug a while ago so maybe now imps have something buggy now?
not sure tho, dont pay much attention to the captain honestly, its the ship im invested in not the puny mortals manning it

Vahouth

Postby Vahouth » 15 September 2016, 18:40

Imperator5 wrote:The explosions sounds like a bug and you should report it in the technical section.

Already have. :)

Ashardalon wrote:1.would like it too but not an option now, i have started plenty of new fleets because i love the 500point games but once you unlock 700 its the only thing you see
2. definitely a bug, as someone who plays Goff orks i can say with certainty that those things are supposed to be though as F against ramming, really really annoiingly though as F
3.no it is not normal to fight a blackstone fortress in skirmish, maybe turned on elite by accident? and no there is no way of controlling a blackstonefortress a spacehulk or the planetkiller in skirmish or any other mode, maybe would be decent against AI but in general those ships arent that great anyway
4.did your ship die at some point? the tings that can kill a captain are execution, ship death or resetting crew points
if none of these happened that was also a bug, eldar had a portrait bug a while ago so maybe now imps have something buggy now?
not sure tho, dont pay much attention to the captain honestly, its the ship im invested in not the puny mortals manning it

1. It wouldn't be that hard to implement, would it?
2. I wonder if it is a bug related to the Tau Beta now that I think about it. I haven't played yet after the beta ended to check it out though.
4. My ships died several times but that had no impact on the looks of their Captains, and I never executed one either.
I did reset some of the crew points though. It never occured to me though that this would be the reason.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 15 September 2016, 19:25

2.did it go full yellow just before death?
dont know if you have the extra info on but i have seen a SM ship go full yellow and die for apparently no reason in the beta
have not seen it since tho

Vahouth

Postby Vahouth » 16 September 2016, 09:24

Ashardalon wrote:2.did it go full yellow just before death?
dont know if you have the extra info on but i have seen a SM ship go full yellow and die for apparently no reason in the beta

Yes it did! All shields were gone in an instant, it turned yellow and died!
Not exactly when the ramming took place but the moments after when they still were grinding on each other.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 16 September 2016, 11:28

Vahouth wrote:
Ashardalon wrote:2.did it go full yellow just before death?

Yes it did! All shields were gone in an instant, it turned yellow and died!
Not exactly when the ramming took place but the moments after when they still were grinding on each other.

Sounds like a bug where systems get crticial damage and somehow the ship dies.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”