Dear Tindalos...your match making sucks ass.

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
Adrmial Seraph

Dear Tindalos...your match making sucks ass.

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 09 September 2016, 19:00

For certain factions there's this invisible line of "power creep" where they get a Battle Ship (BB) and then all games vs non BB owners (due to being lower than lvl 8) becomes hilariously slanted, like not even fun.

Please put 2 brackets into persistent mode.

Bracket 1: levels 1-7
Bracket 2: level 8

Bracket 1s can vs Bracket 2s but are prompted at the beginning of the game that their opponent is X levels higher and it's not recommended with an option to cancel the matchup with no penalty.

Bosie

Re: Dear Tindalos...your match making sucks ass.

Postby Bosie » 09 September 2016, 19:01

BB vs none BB is not the issue. The issue is low level ships vs high level ones.

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 09 September 2016, 19:06

Bosie wrote:BB vs none BB is not the issue. The issue is low level ships vs high level ones.

It's a bit more complex than that imo but that's certainly part of the dynamic. Point is, there's a power creep line where lvl 8 Admirals can stomp non lvl 8s easily.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 09 September 2016, 19:12

Adrmial Seraph wrote:
Bosie wrote:BB vs none BB is not the issue. The issue is low level ships vs high level ones.

It's a bit more complex than that imo but that's certainly part of the dynamic. Point is, there's a power creep line where lvl 8 Admirals can stomp non lvl 8s easily.

Lvl 8 admirals are so much more likely to have level 10 ships than lower admirals it makes all the difference really. Look at chaos, in multi there's hardly anyone who uses battleship (due to their limited kiting capability) and they still stomp, chaos being the most stable, reliably balanced faction in the game. BB's are not a source of matchmaking failure, even when BB reliant factions (SM and Eldar) are concerned.
Simply removing rpg progress element from multi would solve all issues and allow new players to at least compete and gain experience (real life, not numbers in the game) on equal footing with experienced players.

In single it can stay, even long after leveling up all ships it still gives some RP spirit to the skirmish, which many players (myself included) value. But in multi it's the cancer right now.
Last edited by Ahzek Ahriman on 09 September 2016, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 09 September 2016, 19:17

ut...but...but...the narrative of building the fleet :roll:
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 09 September 2016, 19:19

Sagranda wrote:ut...but...but...the narrative of building the fleet :roll:

In SS yeah absolutely. But in multi it just doesn't work well. Not when it creates such disparity between old and new players.
Last edited by Ahzek Ahriman on 09 September 2016, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 09 September 2016, 19:19

This!!!!

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 09 September 2016, 19:23

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

In SS yeah absolutely. But in multi it just doesn't work well. Not when it creates such disparity between old and new players.

it could work in multiplayer but there needs to be a tiered system so lvl 1 Admirals are never vsing lvl 10 Admirals and the like unless the lvl 1 Admiral agrees to it.

I'd argue this should be priority for Tindalos because this game as it sits is completely unfair to noobs or people who are just leveling a fleet.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 09 September 2016, 19:38

Adrmial Seraph wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

it could work in multiplayer but there needs to be a tiered system so lvl 1 Admirals are never vsing lvl 10 Admirals and the like unless the lvl 1 Admiral agrees to it.

I'd argue this should be priority for Tindalos because this game as it sits is completely unfair to noobs or people who are just leveling a fleet.

That would be a good solution as well, and I also said (I think dozens of times already, at least thrice today alone) that it should be absolute no. 1 thing on Tindalos' to do list, and now they have the last chance while Tau are being released and player pool will temporarily increase.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 09 September 2016, 20:20

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

That was sarcasm.
I have been against this shit since I joined back in the beta.
It only works with a really good matchmaker that considers ship-levels and a suitable playerbase
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”