early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
jasta85

early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Postby jasta85 » 15 April 2016, 12:40

So I read this announcement a while back:
http://www.focus-home.com/en/news/1006- ... ve-trailer

Mentioning that all people prepurchasing the game get early adopter rewards and then picked it up on green man gaming shortly after that after they had a 20% discount offer open. however, I saw a conversation on steam saying gmg owners do not get early adopter rewards and only people who buy the game on steam or the official website do. From the announcement it sounded like everyone would get the rewards, or was that a misquote? I don't think gmg is offering refunds for the game but would still like to know, thank you

Coffee Fox

Re: early adopter rewards for gmg purchasers?

Postby Coffee Fox » 15 April 2016, 16:49

I hope it's a misquote, because I bought mine from CDkeys.com, and I would rather get my early adopter reward.

I`ll be very, very livid if I don't, considering I'm also trying to find bugs and test the game since this is a beta after all.
The Coffee Fox has donned his Commissar uniform; Best not show any heresy while he's around.

jasta85

Postby jasta85 » 16 April 2016, 07:54

any response from the devs on this? I checked the main website and don't see a support section to contact them. would like to get some confirmation on this one way or another

RwWolf

Postby RwWolf » 16 April 2016, 08:04

Coffee Fox wrote:because I bought mine from CDkeys.com

If I recall correctly that website is not officially supported by the developers, and by "the developers" I mean any game developer. Those keys available on scam websites (such as the one above) are eligible for termination, meaning your game can be removed from your steam account.

Coffee Fox

Postby Coffee Fox » 16 April 2016, 18:17

RwWolf wrote:
Coffee Fox wrote:because I bought mine from CDkeys.com

If I recall correctly that website is not officially supported by the developers, and by "the developers" I mean any game developer. Those keys available on scam websites (such as the one above) are eligible for termination, meaning your game can be removed from your steam account.

Such sites aren't 'scam' websites. They buy Steam keys in bulk, which is why they are able to sell them at discount prices (5$ discount for BFG). I've owned games from there for years and have never had a problem, nor a game removed.
The Coffee Fox has donned his Commissar uniform; Best not show any heresy while he's around.

jasta85

Postby jasta85 » 20 April 2016, 14:55

any way to contact the devs to ask about this? still have not been able to find an official answer

Netheos
Focus Team

Postby Netheos » 20 April 2016, 15:16

Hey guys,

Sorry if you missed the info but the only shops to get the Early Adopter Edition (Space Marine fleet + an additional faction yet to be unveiled for free if you buy until 2 months after launch) are the Official Store, Steam and Gamesplanet.

The potential physical copies of the game are also Early Adopter Editions.

Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Uksharazad87 » 20 April 2016, 15:19

Mmmhmmm and any legitimate site that re-sells steam keys would get the free goodies as the steam keys came from the steam store.

Netheos
Focus Team

Postby Netheos » 20 April 2016, 16:01

Uksharazad87 wrote:Mmmhmmm and any legitimate site that re-sells steam keys would get the free goodies as the steam keys came from the steam store.

It depends on the retailer and has to be discussed with their support, but we can't garantee it.

Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Uksharazad87 » 20 April 2016, 16:08

Bingo, thanks Netheos, Luckily, Grabbed it from the steam store myself. :3

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”