Why is Tac Cog in Ranked?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
MYNAME?

Why is Tac Cog in Ranked?

Postby MYNAME? » 28 July 2016, 17:24

I was suprised to be TC spammed today when i first started ranked. It was awsome. Opponent was helplessly outplayed so he started TC the shit out of me. It made no difference and he did it out of Spite.

I thought the Devs said that Tac Cog will not be a thing in RANKED. We went over this like a trillion of times lol.

Sagranda

Re: Why is Tac Cog in Ranked?

Postby Sagranda » 28 July 2016, 18:49

Seriously?
I mean I already laughed hard when I saw the last patch notes and how they designed their ranked.
But now they even go back on their word and enable TC in ranked games?

Now I am entirely sure that I won't take them seriously anymore
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 28 July 2016, 19:09

My reaction exactly
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

PistonMiner

Postby PistonMiner » 28 July 2016, 22:57

Which is funny, because they actually added support for this feature specifically. One could disable the tactical cogitator with a one minute change using a mod. They could do it even quicker. I don't think it's horrible though, maybe they have something planned to make it work better.
Even funnier, a modified player could apply this to other players if he is hosting, I think.

jamodonnell

Postby jamodonnell » 31 July 2016, 22:37

I'm really happy they left it in. I've only seen it used to execute complicated maneuvers (both myself and opponent).

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 01 August 2016, 03:20

jamodonnell wrote:I'm really happy they left it in. I've only seen it used to execute complicated maneuvers (both myself and opponent).

Nothing complicated about this game that would require you to slomo.

If tac cog stays in ranked we might as well play costum games. There cant be compitition with an exploitable asset like that. It is broken and I can thoroughly explain why. It needs to get toned down honestly and have cool downs so rapid spam noobs, sore losers and tac cog worshippers dont use it every second or 3-4 seconds if they seriously dont know how to control their ships when it gets hairy.

JorpA

Postby JorpA » 01 August 2016, 11:59

If the tac cog for whatever reason has to stay make it so that player can activate it one time only per match and so that the tac cog lasts 10sec max.

Zeblasky

Postby Zeblasky » 01 August 2016, 17:09

MYNAME? wrote:
jamodonnell wrote:I'm really happy they left it in. I've only seen it used to execute complicated maneuvers (both myself and opponent).

If tac cog stays in ranked we might as well play costum games. There cant be compitition with an exploitable asset like that. It is broken and I can thoroughly explain why. It needs to get toned down honestly and have cool downs so rapid spam noobs, sore losers and tac cog worshippers dont use it every second or 3-4 seconds if they seriously dont know how to control their ships when it gets hairy.

100% disagree. I'm №1 on the leaderboard currently(Chaos), playing not that micro intensive builds(mostly carriers plus Slaughters), and even then I find tag cog very useful(especially for MWJ usage). Unless you're a StarCraft pro, you can't utilize all of your ships effectively without it in a fight with experienced enemy. And removal of tac cog will make some micro intensive builds way more harder than they should be.

Also raping spam exploit has been fixed btw.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 01 August 2016, 19:27

Zeblasky wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:

100% disagree. I'm №1 on the leaderboard currently(Chaos), playing not that micro intensive builds(mostly carriers plus Slaughters), and even then I find tag cog very useful(especially for MWJ usage). Unless you're a StarCraft pro, you can't utilize all of your ships effectively without it in a fight with experienced enemy. And removal of tac cog will make some micro intensive builds way more harder than they should be.

Also raping spam exploit has been fixed btw.

Lol, good joke.
No need to be a Starcraft pro to play BFGA at the highest level without TC.
The required apm are way too low, even during the "micro spikes"
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Hallbregg

Postby Hallbregg » 01 August 2016, 19:32

I'm also on the boat of the ones who like to have TC on ranked. I don't see aproblem at all.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”