Eldar impression thread

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
rekina

Eldar impression thread

Postby rekina » 13 April 2016, 15:46

I'll start first: WEAK but fun! :mrgreen: (see Edit #2 below)

I just had to delete my hard difficulty skirmish admiral and remade one because I've lost both light cruisers on very first match. After the first match things got a little easier, but I feel it's very difficult to control Eldar ships.

The biggest problem for me was the wobbling when your ship makes a turn. For example when you want to turn just 10 degrees, Eldar ships will initially overturn and wobble really bad and THEN align to the target or point of space. This makes Activate Pulsar really difficult to hit. Plus for some reason the autocasting for Activate Pulsar won't work, despite it is automatically set to autocast in the first place.

But this faction is definitely fun to play, I'll be surely practice more :D

Edit: Also I noticed Eldar ships lose their modules(deck, weapons, engine etc) horribly quickly. Into the fight for 3 minutes then the aurora doesn't have a single weapon. The fact that aurora doesn't have much gun count seems to be one of the reasons why I feel in this way more. Because when you lose a single gun in aurora, that's already half of your firepower(except torps).

Edit #2: To prevent any confusion that might happen to those who are not familiar with current state of Eldar, (and due to my first impression above) late game Eldar is not weak. It still feels weak on early game, and my first impression came from the first 3 ish matches. See further discussions below.
Last edited by rekina on 18 April 2016, 18:58, edited 4 times in total.

Anuri
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Eldar impression thread

Postby Anuri » 13 April 2016, 15:48

rekina wrote:I'll start first: WEAK but fun! :mrgreen:

I just had to delete my hard difficulty skirmish admiral and remade one because I've lost both light cruisers on very first match. After the first match things got a little easier, but I feel it's very difficult to control Eldar ships.

The biggest problem for me was the wobbling when your ship makes a turn. For example when you want to turn just 10 degrees, Eldar ships will initially overturn and wobble really bad and THEN align to the target or point of space. This makes Activate Pulsar really difficult to hit(plus for some reason the autocasting for Activate Pulsar won't work, despite it is automatically set to autocast in the first place.

But this faction is definitely fun to play, I'll be surely practice more :D

Disable focus-fire - should help with autocast pulsars

Cutbait

Postby Cutbait » 13 April 2016, 15:55

Just disable focus fire in general, it REALLY isnt doing anyone any favors
:mrgreen: Nurgle gives the best hugs :mrgreen:

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » 13 April 2016, 15:57

So what are the available Favors and their effects?

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 13 April 2016, 15:58

I just don't want to buy the Cruiser...
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 13 April 2016, 16:38

i want to hear the genereal communities reactions to pulsars

people have been pretty split on it
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Antagonist

Postby Antagonist » 13 April 2016, 16:47

Bludfist wrote:i want to hear the genereal communities reactions to pulsars

people have been pretty split on it

Why do I have to micromanage both positioning of my much faster ships as well as when to fire pulsars compared to every other faction currently ingame? They won't fire on autocast, even.

Also, how did the tabletop handle them, did they have an arc or were they always firing in a straight line dead ahead?

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 13 April 2016, 16:50

Antagonist wrote:
Also, how did the tabletop handle them, did they have an arc or were they always firing in a straight line dead ahead?

they were lances iirc
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » 13 April 2016, 16:51

Yep, Lances with a chance to inflict additional hits up to 3.

EDIT: Kind of a disappointment they aren't done like this in the game. Or just making them more powerful lances in general.

VanHoven

Postby VanHoven » 13 April 2016, 16:55

Order your ships equipped with pulsars on an direct attack move, they will wiggle much less and align with the designated enemy. Auto fire will trigger then, but you can use it without autocast very easy this way. You have to disable move & shoot or whatever it's called and set your ships to prow engagement (it's pre set).

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”