Which Faction would you like to see the most in Battlefleet Gothic?

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!

Poll ended at 29 April 2016, 21:25

Necrons
26%
Taus (forge world + GW + kroots + demiurg)
30%
Tyranids
27%
Adeptus Mechanicus
7%
Rogue traders
3%
Dark Eldars
5%
Eldar craftworlds
3%

Total votes: 861
Ravensburg
Tindalos Team

Postby Ravensburg » 07 April 2016, 21:25

Greeting Admirals,

Just like to know which faction the community would prefer to get first in BFGA.

Don't hesitate to encourage other admirals to vote on this poll.

Dismiss,

Ravensburg

"EDIT": we’re interested to see which faction you’d like to see next, but the results are not a promise!
Last edited by Ravensburg on 08 April 2016, 10:56, edited 1 time in total.

0rph3u5

Re: Which Faction would you like to see the most in Battlefleet Gothic?

Postby 0rph3u5 » 07 April 2016, 21:33

Eldar Craftworlds, first, as an Iyanden-fan/player I want my ships piloted by the souls of the dead :D

Also the Battle for Iyanden would make a good expansion to the game IMO, allowing the for the addition of Tyranids (not a fan but you know, Iyanden-fan) and at least two single-player campaigns (a Tyranid one focussed on finding the Craftworld and not getting pushed away by the Imperium and a Iyanden/Eldar Corsairs one dealing with the actual defense of the Craftworld, highlighting that "defense" for Eldar means a lot of things, inlcuding pre-emptive strikes against targets that might be of value someday)...
I like Stealth, Speed and Torpedo Saturation, so I play Alaitoc-favoured Eldar Corsairs.

Also, I'd like both Matchmaking Options, thank you.

Eldrad_Ulthran

Postby Eldrad_Ulthran » 07 April 2016, 21:36

Such a difficult decision! They'd all be excellent really, and i hope we get them all eventually, but perhaps...Tyranids first for their unique playstyle? no..Necrons?...Tau? More eldar? i can't decide!

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 07 April 2016, 21:39

As there was no Romulan faction, I went with Tau as I have fond memories of playing 40K TT with them.

VanHoven

Postby VanHoven » 07 April 2016, 21:43

Uh, there is a typo in the vote, it should be do you want swarmfleet behemoth, swarmfleet kraken or swamfleet leviathan. Mistakes happen no biggo :)

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 07 April 2016, 21:44

No - more humans (traders, ad mech) or eldar factions (craftworld, de). DE would be awesome to have at some point though, just not now. Ad mech is also my favorite human faction and I'd rather have them over smurfs, but I know I'm in the minority here.

Yes - more unique factions - Necron, Tau, Tyranid. Tyranid would be the most awesome, but they need to be done right, so voted Tau as I think they would be the easiest atm.

Deca

Postby Deca » 07 April 2016, 21:46

Out of all the factions listed in the Poll, if I was to have a TOP 3, it would be as follows:
Necron
Tyranid
Tau

I feel like the others already have some type of "similar representation" via the other factions.
Mission Feedback & Suggestions
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=796

"A corpse for the Corpse God!"

"Innocence proves nothing"

"Show me a fortress and I'll show you a ruin"

Necroledo

Postby Necroledo » 07 April 2016, 21:48

Suspicious poll 8-) Yet a terribly difficult choice for me! I voted Dark Eldar because they could really use appearing on more videogames and I'd love playing them, but Tau and Tyranids were very good options for me as well... I would play them all, why can't I choose more than 1 option!

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » 07 April 2016, 21:50

Truth be told, I won't be disappointed in any of them. They're all solid choices! And heck, I registered finally to vote in this.

Ultimately, I voted for the 'nids if only because they seem, to me, to be the hardest. Most odd man out sort of faction. All the others have at least something similar to one of the others. But the 'nids? Different story. They're hands down the most different and getting them out of the way will leave more time to get them balanced, and hopefully mean less delay for the rest of the fleets.

Because fundamentally, Dark and Craftworld Eldar will still share traits with Corsairs. Likewise, Admech and Rogue Traders with the Imperium (Though darned if I wasn't tempted on Rogue Traders!). And Tau and Necrons also have fleets at least broadly similar to the others, though a bit more different than most, especially the Necrons.

But the Tyranids? That's where the weird comes in.

HERO

Postby HERO » 07 April 2016, 21:53

I think Tyranids will be the most challenging faction to implement, but the most rewarding.

The Tyranids was a HUGE player in space-based warfare, with some of the most epic conflicts ever written in science fiction. I'm hoping Tyranids because I think it will be very thematic with the Space Marine fleet (Ultramarines and Imperial Navy vs. Hive Fleet Behemoth), and Tyranids vs. Craftworld Iyanden (for when CW Eldar get added to the game).

From a thematic standpoint, Tyranids would be the strongest choice after the Space Marine DLC.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”