Trolling

Share your heretic strategies. Death to the false Emperor!
Bosie

Trolling

Postby Bosie » 06 April 2016, 19:02

Just played station attack as Chaos vs Ork. The Ork player got rather upset with me and accused me of trolling him as in his words "all you are doing is circling me and not attacking, and that's not playing the game". At this point one outpost was dead, and the other was about to explode. Added to this was a burning CA of his, whilst my Hellbringers (4) and Styx (1) were staying at range 12 by using stasis and speed.

He rage quit just after the second outpost exploded.

Bless.

If you can't handle players not playing your play style please don't get all stroppy and accuse them of things then rage quit when you don't get your way. Learn to counter what they are doing. Ask them for tips, they may give you some.

Jether

Re: Trolling

Postby Jether » 06 April 2016, 19:04

Alt tabbing is a known issue. Its quite annoying but people use it to save their fleet when they are about to lose. The issue is it gives the winner nothing. If someone loses connection it should cause all their ships to be lost in the warp for a round or 2.
Emperors Elite Testing Team

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 06 April 2016, 19:15

If someone loses connection it should cause all their ships to be lost in the warp for a round or 2.

Are you nuts? Why punish people and forcing them to not play the game?
Just act as a capitulation for the person alt f4ing or getting disconnected, no need to push people outside of the game
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Ironhide

Postby Ironhide » 06 April 2016, 19:19

Beernchips wrote:
If someone loses connection it should cause all their ships to be lost in the warp for a round or 2.

Are you nuts? Why punish people and forcing them to not play the game?
Just act as a capitulation for the person alt f4ing or getting disconnected, no need to push people outside of the game

If the a-hole wants to ALT-F4 out, then they should suffer the repercussions.
In the absence of a good answer, "42" is always a good one.

Dreadspectre

Postby Dreadspectre » 06 April 2016, 19:23

If you're worried about your fleet just warp out period. Why alt+f4?

At least you'd still get renown from the match too if you warp out, get nothing the other way.

Jether

Postby Jether » 06 April 2016, 19:27

Dreadspectre wrote:If you're worried about your fleet just warp out period. Why alt+f4?

At least you'd still get renown from the match too if you warp out, get nothing the other way.

Its become a lot more common in mp. After i have destroyed someones entire fleet down to their last ship they tend to alt f4 so then all their ships are instantly repaired and the game acts like nothing happened. This is alot more common in endgame matches when everyone already has the upgrades they want and dont want to waste a turn without their ships. Nobody likes having to use a gimped fleet.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 06 April 2016, 19:29

Have you read the post? it was about DISCONNECTION.
Repent, for tomorrow you die

VanHoven

Postby VanHoven » 06 April 2016, 19:29

When you are full of rage and just want to show that stupid opponent of yours who's da boss in the house by leaving him alone and all is effort unrewarded it's much easier to alt+f4 then warp out :D

well, on a more serious note, I don't think a penalty for disconnecting is a good thing. Maybe I'm biased since my connection is unstable at the moment and i can't figure out why though :D but it SHOULD reward the player left in the match with the renown he allready earned.

Jether

Postby Jether » 06 April 2016, 19:31

VanHoven wrote:When you are full of rage and just want to show that stupid opponent of yours who's da boss in the house by leaving him alone and all is effort unrewarded it's much easier to alt+f4 then warp out :D

well, on a more serious note, I don't think a penalty for disconnecting is a good thing. Maybe I'm biased since my connection is unstable at the moment and i can't figure out why though :D but it SHOULD reward the player left in the match with the renown he allready earned.

Long as something gets worked out. The issue is if you dont give them a penalty then everyone will do it. Especially when renown isnt an issue anymore,

Lucifronsun

Postby Lucifronsun » 06 April 2016, 19:40

Jether wrote:
Dreadspectre wrote:If you're worried about your fleet just warp out period. Why alt+f4?

Its become a lot more common in mp. After i have destroyed someones entire fleet down to their last ship they tend to alt f4 so then all their ships are instantly repaired and the game acts like nothing happened. This is alot more common in endgame matches when everyone already has the upgrades they want and dont want to waste a turn without their ships. Nobody likes having to use a gimped fleet.

Just fyi, when someone alt f4's, their ships stay in the same condition they were when the game was terminated. So if a ship was destroyed, it stays destroyed. There's no miracle healing here, this is the grim darkness of the 41st millennium.

Return to “Chaos Warfleet”