More diversity in Captain-Pics

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
oflegions

More diversity in Captain-Pics

Postby oflegions » 05 April 2016, 14:18

What I'd like to see: Different captn-pics for different favors. It's ok for a ship devoted to Chaos Undivided to have a "normal" commander, buuut when i choose, for example, Nurgle, i'd like to see a plague-ridden commander, and maybe a new voice-over. More blubbery. Same goes for all Chaos-Gods. Dunno about Orks, I don't like them. Same goes also for IN. If i choose SM, it would be nice, if my shipo would actually be commanded by a Marine.
Plus it would be nice if we could actually change the paint-job of our ships. I'd like to repaint my inquisitorial battlecruiser to look like a black ship :mrgreen:

But i like it so far. Can't wait for release.

Lovenought

Re: More diversity in Captain-Pics

Postby Lovenought » 05 April 2016, 14:53

oflegions wrote:What I'd like to see: Different captn-pics for different favors. It's ok for a ship devoted to Chaos Undivided to have a "normal" commander, buuut when i choose, for example, Nurgle, i'd like to see a plague-ridden commander, and maybe a new voice-over. More blubbery. Same goes for all Chaos-Gods. Dunno about Orks, I don't like them. Same goes also for IN. If i choose SM, it would be nice, if my shipo would actually be commanded by a Marine.
Plus it would be nice if we could actually change the paint-job of our ships. I'd like to repaint my inquisitorial battlecruiser to look like a black ship :mrgreen:

But i like it so far. Can't wait for release.

Sean Connery with a nasty cold is what I think the Nurgle captain should sound like.

Aramus418

Postby Aramus418 » 05 April 2016, 15:07

Yes! It's a secondary concern but I would love more captain portraits, and the idea of having favors change the captain's appearance is a brilliant idea. I'm not sure quite how to they'd implement it though. Plus, I'm concerned it will be too much time vs. value added than the devs are willing to devote the art team to over new factions and additional ships DLC.

oflegions

Postby oflegions » 05 April 2016, 16:26

I don't think that it would be that hard. As for now, we have, i think, 3-4 different portraits per faction. Most of those, especially for Chaos, have the same body, but a different head. Sooo, yeah, Tindalos, pretty please? :oops: And when you're at it, more different skins for our ships, yes?

Na, not Connery. More like Vader, trying to push bile trough his mouthpiece^^

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 05 April 2016, 19:59

id also like to see some female captains :(

Jether

Postby Jether » 05 April 2016, 20:40

A create your own captain system would be nice but i dont think it fits with the execution ability.
Emperors Elite Testing Team

Aramus418

Postby Aramus418 » 05 April 2016, 20:48

Jether wrote:A create your own captain system would be nice but i dont think it fits with the execution ability.

X-COM 40k

Lovenought

Postby Lovenought » 07 April 2016, 01:00

Just had a horrible thought.

"Felinid Admiral face pack DLC. $14.99"
Last edited by Lovenought on 07 April 2016, 01:34, edited 1 time in total.

Colcut

Postby Colcut » 07 April 2016, 01:26

Id love to see Captain portrait change with execute. Id also love to see more captains available.

Slywyn

Postby Slywyn » 07 April 2016, 02:52

Aramus418 wrote:Yes! It's a secondary concern but I would love more captain portraits, and the idea of having favors change the captain's appearance is a brilliant idea. I'm not sure quite how to they'd implement it though. Plus, I'm concerned it will be too much time vs. value added than the devs are willing to devote the art team to over new factions and additional ships DLC.

Generally speaking art teams are done WELL before the game gets to the state that it's in right now. (Experience: Game design/testing)

At least in the case of a "AAA" big studio title, they'd already be working on DLC/Expansion content at this point, if they were still working at all.

Also portraits isn't a very tall order to begin with, some variety would be nice.

I would also like to +1 female captains.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”