Balancing Orks and taunt

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Ravensburg
Tindalos Team

Balancing Orks and taunt

Postby Ravensburg » 29 March 2016, 22:22

Greeting Admirals,

First of all, thanks for the mountains of feedback, it's really useful.

Secondly, I want to share a sneak peek about what we're going to do about balancing in the next patch, don't hesitate to comments.

ORKS:

- A mistake during Orks weapons integration makes that costs for battery on Orks ships are only taken into account for 1 side. Of course the servant in charge of this task as been executed. As you may guess, fix this will lead to a notable point increase for Orks line ships. (Especially for career).

- Heavy/Mega Kanons will get the inaccurate attribute to reflect the fact that in the TT, Kanons ignore the bonus left column shift for firing at 15 cm. So it will get the following accuracy:
. 100% chance of hit at 0 range.
. 50% chance to hit at 3000 range instead of 75%.
. 0% Chance to hit at 6000 range instead of 50%.
Also, I tried to stay faithful to the ability they get in the TT, (Kanons deals double damages when they manage to pass the armor test) obviously, it didn't work and is utterly OP. I then choose to replace this ability by doubling the critical hit chances of the kanons. All kanons damages are then half but crits remains the same.

- Shock attack Kanon will no longer steal Data. (My bad, A commissar will execute me later for not seeing this earlier).

TAUNT:

- I know that everybody love it the way it is right now but I decided to change it anyway:
. Taunt range is now 7500 instead of 10000.
. Taunt force the enemy to attack the caster just as if it was an attack order given by the player. The ship follow the setted behavior and don't automatically get closer anymore.
. Taunt no longer silence the ship. All skills are accessible while taunted.
. Taunt ship disable the maneuver panel and the behavior panel. Also you can't give an order to a taunt ship.

Well, that's all for now. More will come soon.

Thanks for your attention. Dismiss!

Ravensburg

iamacyborg

Re: Balancing Orks and taunt

Postby iamacyborg » 29 March 2016, 22:25

Nice! Great to see you guys are being serious about feedback, can't wait for the next patch.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 29 March 2016, 22:29

yesh....50% chance to hit at 3k

this is too heavy handed of a nerf to orks

please devs reconsider :|
Last edited by Bludfist on 29 March 2016, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

aetaosraukeres

Postby aetaosraukeres » 29 March 2016, 22:29

Ravensburg wrote:- Heavy/Mega Kanons will get the inaccurate attribute to reflect the fact that in the TT, Kanons ignore the bonus left column shift for firing at 15 cm. So it will get the following accuracy:

that will orks more of a rng machine. A BC can melt in 10 seconds under focus fire or move out of range without any damage....
I would suggest increase ROF like double but decrease the damage by half.
More Dakka, More Orky.
More consistens in the damage output

TT is fine and fun but this is should not be a dice game

Ravensburg wrote:TAUNT:

- I know that everybody love it the way it is right now but I decided to change it anyway:
. Taunt range is now 7500 instead of 10000.
. Taunt force the enemy to attack the caster just as if it was an attack order given by the player. The ship follow the setted behavior and don't automatically get closer anymore.
. Taunt no longer silence the ship. All skills are accessible while taunted.
. Taunt ship disable the maneuver panel and the behavior panel. Also you can't give an order to a taunt ship.

lovely

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 29 March 2016, 22:32

- Heavy/Mega Kanons will get the inaccurate attribute to reflect the fact that in the TT, Kanons ignore the bonus left column shift for firing at 15 cm. So it will get the following accuracy:

To understand well :

Do you mean :
100% chance of hit at 0 range.
. 50% chance to hit between 0 and 3000 range instead of 75%.
. 0% Chance to hit at 3000 and higher instead of 50%.

Which I think is a far too much nerf to make Orks even playable

Or

. 100% chance of hit between 0 range and 3000.
. 50% chance to hit between 3000 and 6000 range instead of 75%.
. 0% Chance to hit at 6000 range and higher instead of 50%.

Which is a huge nerf will make Orks only able to ram and board

For Taunt the 7500 nerf will just means that most Chaos ships are immune because they have behavior at 9k or more
I think keeping the 10k range with the other modfications is enough
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Bylak

Postby Bylak » 29 March 2016, 22:39

I like the changes to taunt, but agree that keeping the current range along with all of the other current modifications might be the way to go. Will probably need to see it live however to see if it makes that much of a difference.

I'd also like a clarification on ranges if possible! Would rather not needlessly freak out ^_^
Orkses is never defeated in battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fighting so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 29 March 2016, 22:42

Also why increase cost of ork units arnt orks supposed to be about fielding tons of cheap units?

Ork armor layouts all have 25 armor on the rear.
Ork ships can't turn for s**t.
Their maneuver guage burns out in seconds.
They can't do high-energy turns.
They can't run silent without a favor.
They can't hit a damn thing past 3k.
Their bombers seem to do considerably less damage than Imperial/Chaos bombers.
They can cut and run at the drop of a hat if the RNG gods hate the Ork player (and they have to spend an upgrade to be able to execute captains).

Orkz have a litany of penalties and downsides that players have to actively manage when playing them.

and these heavy handed changes are exactly what i feared would happen
Last edited by Bludfist on 29 March 2016, 22:45, edited 1 time in total.
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Ravensburg
Tindalos Team

Postby Ravensburg » 29 March 2016, 22:44

Accuracy is sliding scale, so that mean you'll get progressively from 100% at 0 range to 50% at 3000 range.

For example: You get 75% accuracy at 1500 range.

But, the dispersion for missing shots makes that some of them will eventually hit the target. It's especially the case if the target is big enough. Also, it is sometime possible to dodge projectiles that was supposed to hit by using special maneuver or other tricks.
Finally don't forget that you can increase your accuracy with the lock on special order.

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 29 March 2016, 22:50

Thanks for clarifications

My feelings are if all the changes comes at same time
Orks will have cost nerf + damage nerf + accuracy nerf + taunt changes will nerf them pretty badly too

Orks are strong today but are not OP especially vs Chaos.
I really think those changes are too much and will make the faction barely playable because Orks will have absolutely 0 consistent damage output at more than 3k range and will heavily (only?) rely on having a engine critical the few times they will be able to hit at more than 3k range.

I am exceeding my role of player but I would recommend to test carefully those changes in real game situations before make them live
Repent, for tomorrow you die

tERRIK

Postby tERRIK » 29 March 2016, 22:54

Yeah that's a massive nerf. And as said, even with everything left along, Orks *struggle* vs Chaos fleets.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”