[Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
G13

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby G13 » 29 April 2016, 07:38

Kadaeux wrote:
G13 wrote:Keep digging.

You are experiencing something known as "being results based", more commonly known as "the gamblers fallacy"

If you flip a coin 2 times, and both times they were heads (100%), the chance of it being heads is still actually only 50%, despite the results.

If, even in 100s (or 1000s or any number really) of games of BFG:A, you have never seen a Nova Kannon fire more than 3 times, the probability that it CAN fire more than 3 times still remains constant (~42.2%)

You wouldn't be a very good Poker Player I'm afraid, you would never handle the swings :lol:

Except that, *drumroll* it isn't a fallacy. Scientific theory and mathematical proofs are literally air on the wind without evidence to back them. When the equation says X, but repeated testing shows Y, then the equation, while perfectly valid itself, if it isn't reflected in practice. There is elements unaccounted for in it.

Still trying to argue that 0.75^4 =/= 0.316? or maybe you think 31.6% is in fact lower than 25%?

Well guess what? YOU CAN PROVE YOURSELF WRONG!

Isn't this great and it's a really simple scientific test:

Step 1: Load up BFG:A
Step 2 : Run a skirmish game as orks with a ship with Nova Kannon
Step 3: fire Nova Kannon until destroyed and record how many shots it took
Step 4: repeat steps 2 and 3, 100000 times (or more if you'd prefer more accuracy) to get a statistically significant sample
Step 5: calculate the percentage chance of destruction for how many shots fired based on your results.

Go get em tiger, the proof is out there! :ugeek:

Kadaeux

Re: [Orks] - Blood Axe Nova Kannon explosion takes the WHOLE prow with it..? Why so?

Postby Kadaeux » 29 April 2016, 07:40

G13 wrote:Still trying to argue that 0.75^4 =/= 0.316? or maybe you think 31.6% is in fact lower than 25%?

Well guess what? YOU CAN PROVE YOURSELF WRONG!

Isn't this great and it's a really simple scientific test:

Step 1: Load up BFG:A
Step 2 : Run a skirmish game as orks with a ship with Nova Kannon
Step 3: fire Nova Kannon until destroyed and record how many shots it took
Step 4: repeat steps 2 and 3, 100000 times (or more if you'd prefer more accuracy) to get a statistically significant sample
Step 5: calculate the percentage chance of destruction for how many shots fired based on your results.

Go get em tiger, the proof is out there! :ugeek:

Oh yes, because I would be referring to experience if I hadn't done that. :roll:

Spaceboss Rok-Krusha

Postby Spaceboss Rok-Krusha » 01 May 2016, 04:22

My last three games, the Nova Kannon blew on the first shot each time.

I know the chance of that happening is low-ish, but it really isn't endearing me to the whole concept. I'd have done more damage with spreads of long range hail-Mary torpedoes - torpedoes I no longer had, since the whole front of the ship went a-splode.

Blood Axe always was my thing for Orks in Tabletop games, and even Dawn of War. For the first time ever, I'm gonna have to play a different Klan.

WTB: Snakebites Kroozer, pulled by wild Space Boars and shooting spears from the eyes.

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 01 May 2016, 12:06

Get additional hull armour. Guarantees 2 shots.
"Common sense isn't as common as the name would imply"

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 01 May 2016, 13:39

Deuzerre wrote:Get additional hull armour. Guarantees 2 shots.

how?

what does hull armor do to prevent MK's from blowing up?
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 01 May 2016, 13:45

Bludfist wrote:

how?

Removes the first crit to the ship.
Nova blowing up is a crit.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 01 May 2016, 13:54

Deuzerre wrote:
Bludfist wrote:

how?

Removes the first crit to the ship.
Nova blowing up is a crit.

oh belt armor

eh id prefer to save my belt armor to strop engine crits

at the end of the day i think we all want a more consistent weapon rather than something that, no matter how you look at it, is detrimental to your ship

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 01 May 2016, 13:59

Bludfist wrote:at the end of the day i think we all want a more consistent weapon rather than something that, no matter how you look at it, is detrimental to your ship

TBH, I don't really mind, unless it explodes on the first shot. But then, I don't play orks to win, I play orks when I want to have a direct fight and wreck overconfident eldar/chaos players.

I think it could be changed so that the mre you use it, the bigger the chance to blow up. Or the more damage to the ship,, the more chances to blow up.

Like, the % damage of the ship = the % chance for the gun to blow up when fired :D That would be more orkish.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 01 May 2016, 14:05

nah, and im not really into the whole "rng is orkish" argument and would rather have stuff that preform consistently/with consistency like the trakktor cannon

mass nova's are not fun in the first place to deal with any way which is why nova kannonz and blood axe favor in genereal are kinda universally disliked

thats why im going to push for prow mounted looted bombardment cannons instead when devs go back to look at orks

if the stats turn out to be too strong and their not like that of the bombardment cannon found on the strike cruiser found in in campaign then then the ork variant cant just deal less dmg cause its "looted"

Deuzerre

Postby Deuzerre » 01 May 2016, 14:13

Or worse rate of fire because orks are disorganised.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”