Battlefleet Gothic: Armada System Requirements

Talk about Battlefleet Gothic: Armada here!
DominicJ

Re: Battlefleet Gothic: Armada System Requirements

Postby DominicJ » 30 April 2016, 13:32

Everything to minimum but a 6 ship cruiser clash went fine with no lags, or problems
Sweet, will investigate further later, GF is making me play wooly world...

DominicJ

Postby DominicJ » 30 April 2016, 18:24

Ok, bit of an update
My laptop has an AMD A10-7300 APU, with 6 graphics cores and 4 computing.
It has 8gb of RAM
There is no graphics card or sound card, the APU handles everything.
I'm running at 1368x738 (ish) which is the native resolution of the screen.

All specs set to minimum
I've played the first two missions, and a couple of skirmish missions.

The graphics arent great at that setting, but Ive noticed no framerate drops, no artefacts, no stuttering, it just runs.
The only problems Ive had have been the opening cutscene, where the audio dropped in and out.

Now, there may be more errors to come, I suppose a 2v2 battle, with 20+ ships, might drag it down, but so far, so good.

CPU/GPU Benchmark scores me at about 3000/500
I have various background stuff running, anti virus, firewall, bloatware 10, hearthstone launchers.

DominicJ

Postby DominicJ » 01 May 2016, 06:47

I think a solid state hard drive is a pretty key issue, its taking AGES to load the game,

Maxajax

Postby Maxajax » 09 July 2016, 15:39

I was here in the early days, so I am still used to the game crashing every two games. As far as I am concerned the fact that you can now binge play it for six hours in a row more than compensates for the load time. Think about all the things you can do to prepare for your playing session. You can get a cup of coffee and some sandwiches ready. You can re-read Sly Marbo's fluff in the 5th edition Imperial Guard codex, and you can even have a preparatory bio break.

That said, I actually manage to play this game just fine with a 2.30 Ghz CPU, a 2gb GPU and 8 gigs of RAM. The only thing that gives me remote trouble is the Imperial shipyard in multiplayer. Other than that playing a match is smooth sailing. No pun intended.

Return to “General Gameplay Discussion”