IN - Which favour do you favour?

Share your glorious tactics. Glory to the Emperor!
Similon

IN - Which favour do you favour?

Postby Similon » 22 April 2016, 14:37

The last discussion of this I read was overwhelmingly in favour of AdMech. It's the one I use (although that's for fluffy reasons), and it does still seem to be very good.
On the others:

Inquisition
I don't find Tarot to be all that useful, but that may just be me. Plus, Red and Black is an overdone colour scheme, that really should just be plain, matte black ;)
Imperial Navy
This one bugs me, because it changes the colour from the Imperial Navy's colour scheme. That aside, I can see some advantage to being able to call in a fleet of Cobras mid mission.
Adeptus Astartes
I tend to try and stay slightly further from the enemy as IN, so boarding isn't usually my top priority. But who doesn't love Imperial Fists?

None of them feel as useful (to me, at least) as an Extra skill & Upgrade... And maybe I focus on the aesthetic a little too much :P

Littlerift

Re: IN - Which favour do you favour?

Postby Littlerift » 22 April 2016, 14:45

AdMech is probably the best, although it's also a trap for new players because the Renown cost is very high. I like Inquisition for the crew points, but it does lack the whole 'Purge the heretics!' aspect of the Inquisition. Switch out Tarot for some kind of promethium-space-bomb that instantly sets fire to every module on the enemy ship and it might be a little more fun. I agree about the Navy colour scheme being silly, but I do like the favour. I haven't tried the Astartes, although I have used Khorne and I found it pretty useful across the board.

I do think favours in general need to come with two more passives each, one positive and one negative. Favours should provide flavour.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 22 April 2016, 14:47

admech on everything, IN have a lot of viable and good upgrades
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Marwynn

Postby Marwynn » 22 April 2016, 14:55

AdMech seems to be the clear choice here. I guess a few more Cobras would be nice to have around, but if they were Swords instead I'd probably go with the IN.

grigdusher
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby grigdusher » 22 April 2016, 14:55

Ad mech, i try other favors but in the end i prefer ad mech.

Dulahan

Postby Dulahan » 22 April 2016, 15:04

I'm pretty much in the boat of Admech. Upgrades just sound too useful. I understand it's wasted on one of the Battleships though, because there's not enough slots for them all or something?

But yeah, I can see maybe doing Astartes for 1 Light Cruiser (Data Recovery ship) or something. But otherwise, upgrades just seem way too good. Even more now post patch.

Imperial Navy sounds great on the surface, but Cobras are SO micro intensive. Still, there might be something to a fleet built around using this favor to spam in a bunch of extra ships as soon as the cooldown finishes. Especially a fleet that holds back. Still, that is an additional target slash annoyance.

zOh

Postby zOh » 22 April 2016, 15:15

Both Inquisition and Admech.

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 22 April 2016, 15:38

i go inquisition on my mars so they can see and get the most benefit from the crew. then astartes on my LC and then for my cruisers i either go inq or admech.

i love admech but i HATE the colour scheme. wtb painting of my ships.

Kine²

Postby Kine² » 22 April 2016, 15:49

Ad Mech should be the default choice
Inquisition when you really need to max out one more crew on a particular ship... usually this is a carrier / support type for me
Space Marines for either a vanguard (bait) that gets focused alot or if you want a dedicated ship for getting crits ... usually a dauntless
Navy is used on fleets that actually uses scouts. Which is rare. Seen a few good players in MP use them tho. To good effect.
no victory without war New Game Mode Suggestion

Anuri
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Anuri » 22 April 2016, 15:55

I use SM for lights and BS, AM for CR and BC all the way.

Return to “Imperial Navy”