Tau armor and outflanking

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Tau armor and outflanking

Postby Imperator5 » 14 September 2016, 18:43

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
its better than nothing which you believe you have :L just whine and bitch nonstop about tau being op simply because you can't outsmart them, but if you beat them, its because the tau users are stupid and can't play the game, double standards stamped all over you

The usual troll "learn to play" stuff. You are running out of ammunition? I'm sure there is some under the bridge you post from.

if you read what I said then you wouldn't of said that, but then again, you have been recycling under the bridge for a while now, you've been low on ammunition from the get go

What you say is dumber than what a drunken chimp with a typewriter could manage.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 14 September 2016, 18:46

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
The usual troll "learn to play" stuff. You are running out of ammunition? I'm sure there is some under the bridge you post from.

if you read what I said then you wouldn't of said that, but then again, you have been recycling under the bridge for a while now, you've been low on ammunition from the get go

What you say is dumber than what a drunken chimp with a typewriter could manage.

you're not even original, is this the first time you argued with someone on the internet?

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 14 September 2016, 20:02

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

you're not even original, is this the first time you argued with someone on the internet?

I just call them like I see them.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 15 September 2016, 10:49

problem is tau also have a much easier time killing the enemy generator than we have killing their generator due to mont ka

Kurnous

Postby Kurnous » 15 September 2016, 14:51

Biggest problem with Tau is the Adaptive Deflector upgrade effectively quadruples the effectiveness of shields against Batteries/Heavy Guns whilst still providing a nice bonus against AP (25%) that is far too much. Adaptive Deflectors should be 50% max.

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 15 September 2016, 16:40

Kurnous wrote:Biggest problem with Tau is the Adaptive Deflector upgrade effectively quadruples the effectiveness of shields against Batteries/Heavy Guns whilst still providing a nice bonus against AP (25%) that is far too much. Adaptive Deflectors should be 50% max.

Either that or just the same as voss shields.

Little Green Mensch

Postby Little Green Mensch » 15 September 2016, 17:32

It's worth noting that, in the tabletop game, shields inherited armor values from their facing. I was pretty surprised to see that this was changed in BFG:A, since it made it considerably easier to drop ships' shields.

Given the low speed of the Tau ships, and their reduced hitpoints compared to other fleets, I think the prow deflector is pretty reasonable. It is essentially a mandatory upgrade, though, because it drastically increases the effectiveness of the Tau ships when they're facing the enemy.

I would still take it if it were dropped to 50% armor, but I don't think it should be made the same as the Voss pattern shield.

I believe both the Tau front armor and prow deflectors are disabled by a prow critical - this is a vulnerability other fleets don't have.

Since Tau ships can turn quite quickly (this was true in the tabletop game, as well), it can be difficult to outflank them. It wouldn't be entirely unreasonable to make their high-energy turns drain their combustion gauges faster; this might make it a bit easier to get out of their front arc.

Ultimately, though, if a Tau fleet is sitting in place, it should be pretty vulnerable to stasis bombs, nova cannons, torpedoes, and other area effects. Lots of those same effects also ignore armor.

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 15 September 2016, 17:39

one problem i have, you cant target the prow
you can target weaponry and then hope
and they have a pretty high amount of separate weaponry
critting the prow is a massive hit for tau removing some of their strengths, but with crits needing to first happen then system crit then weapon crit then hit the right prow weapon among 12 separate turreted ones
am i missing something?

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 15 September 2016, 19:42

Ashardalon wrote:one problem i have, you cant target the prow
critting the prow is a massive hit for tau removing some of their strengths, but with crits needing to first happen then system crit then weapon crit then hit the right prow weapon among 12 separate turreted ones
am i missing something?

yeah, but all you see when you see a tau ship is the prow

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 15 September 2016, 19:45

Sir A Harris wrote:
Ashardalon wrote:one problem i have, you cant target the prow
am i missing something?

yeah, but all you see when you see a tau ship is the prow

I do not think that the facing matters when the criticals are rolled for, does it?

Return to “Beta Discussion”