Demiurg ships

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
Ravensburg
Tindalos Team

Re: Demiurg ships

Postby Ravensburg » 12 September 2016, 16:04

TheGoldenChicken wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
TheGoldenChicken wrote:I love the auxiliary ships of the Tau, and would love to see more. What I love most about them, is the fact that their strengths and weaknesses are widely different from their tau counterparts. I love to use the warsphere/stronghold to place between me and the enemy to zone them out.

Honestly: the auxiliaries are my favorite part about the Tau, and I wish we could get more of them

I have to agree but I think we got all of them that GW made ships for.

I know I am probably going to be murdered by some kind of GW secret police, but what the hell; What if Tindalos says: "Screw the tabletop" and just make more kroot or maybe vespid ships to support our favorite faction? Would such a thing be possible?

Sadly, it will not happen. Maybe Imperator could do something about it with Veritatem Imperialis mod.

Best,

Ravensburg

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 12 September 2016, 17:44

Ravensburg wrote:
TheGoldenChicken wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
I have to agree but I think we got all of them that GW made ships for.

I know I am probably going to be murdered by some kind of GW secret police, but what the hell; What if Tindalos says: "Screw the tabletop" and just make more kroot or maybe vespid ships to support our favorite faction? Would such a thing be possible?

Sadly, it will not happen. Maybe Imperator could do something about it with Veritatem Imperialis mod.

Best,

Ravensburg

I would be happy to help, I wish BFGA to have a very long lifespan, though we would need tools and a modeller for putting in any additional ships, and find some form of intel or other variations of Deimurg ships as the only ships we are missing are the old Pre-Korvattra Tau ships.

What I can think we can do is making the Demiurge cruiser a cruiser, while keep the battleship and kroot sphere auxiliary.

Also, I think that the Demiurg lances should be renamed Ion cannons, since the lore states that its them the Tau got their ion cannons from the first place.

Tindalos got all the ships already mentioned in lore in, and the only tau client race that is spacefaring is the Ji'atrix who:

"The Ji'atrix are a race of ethereal xenos in the Tau Empire, that have an affinity for the void and skill at space-faring."

This does not even clarify if they have their own ships, or just serve along the Air Caste on Tau vessels.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 12 September 2016, 18:51

They are cool but the Stronghold is pretty overpowered currently. It has way, way, waaaaaay too much weaponry for it's point cost. Not being able to upgrade its crew or get any favors beyond Water Caste don't compensate for it's utterly insane damage output, beefy hull and reasonable turn rate. At this point it might as well be the only AUX ship because in comparison with the Bastion and Warsphere...well there is no comparison.

ImperialDream

Postby ImperialDream » 12 September 2016, 19:30

Imperator5 wrote:
Ravensburg wrote:
TheGoldenChicken wrote:

Best,

Ravensburg

I would be happy to help, I wish BFGA to have a very long lifespan, though we would need tools and a modeller for putting in any additional ships, and find some form of intel or other variations of Deimurg ships as the only ships we are missing are the old Pre-Korvattra Tau ships.

What I can think we can do is making the Demiurge cruiser a cruiser, while keep the battleship and kroot sphere auxiliary.

Also, I think that the Demiurg lances should be renamed Ion cannons, since the lore states that its them the Tau got their ion cannons from the first place.

Tindalos got all the ships already mentioned in lore in, and the only tau client race that is spacefaring is the Ji'atrix who:

"The Ji'atrix are a race of ethereal xenos in the Tau Empire, that have an affinity for the void and skill at space-faring."

This does not even clarify if they have their own ships, or just serve along the Air Caste on Tau vessels.

Hasn't tintalos already made up new ships with the SM and Chaos light cruisers?

Uksharazad87

Postby Uksharazad87 » 12 September 2016, 19:35

With GW's explicit and very restrictive permission....

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 12 September 2016, 19:50

Chaos LC existed in some magazine already.
Strike cruisers different variants were probably existing somewhere too. Battlebarges are standard and the Seditio Opprimere variants
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 12 September 2016, 19:58

ImperialDream wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Ravensburg wrote:

Best,

Ravensburg

Hasn't tintalos already made up new ships with the SM and Chaos light cruisers?

Black Library already had many SM ship variants, and I think Vanguards were from a bfg magazine. In the books there were even mentions of SM strike cruisers and battlebarge with nova cannons.
They did change Vanguards as those were supposed to be strike cruisers with less firepower but better engines and shields.

Chaos Light cruiser was made by Fantasy Flight Games, contracted by GW officially.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 12 September 2016, 20:28

Adrmial Seraph wrote:They are cool but the Stronghold is pretty overpowered currently. It has way, way, waaaaaay too much weaponry for it's point cost. Not being able to upgrade its crew or get any favors beyond Water Caste don't compensate for it's utterly insane damage output, beefy hull and reasonable turn rate. At this point it might as well be the only AUX ship because in comparison with the Bastion and Warsphere...well there is no comparison.

Stronghold is very strong for weaponary considering a its price... But it's painfully slow and is very fragile for a BB if we exclude the fact it doesn't lose HP to astaroids. It has 1000 HP, no more than 50 armour, will jump without chance of execution of the hull drops below 30% and has a range of 6-9K, without AP or accuracy buffs, on the majority of its weapons when most other BBs can do 9-12K range and either have or can equip AP as well as accuracy buffs.

I feel the price for the ship is just right.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 12 September 2016, 20:33

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Adrmial Seraph wrote:They are cool but the Stronghold is pretty overpowered currently. It has way, way, waaaaaay too much weaponry for it's point cost. Not being able to upgrade its crew or get any favors beyond Water Caste don't compensate for it's utterly insane damage output, beefy hull and reasonable turn rate. At this point it might as well be the only AUX ship because in comparison with the Bastion and Warsphere...well there is no comparison.

Stronghold is very strong for weaponary considering a its price... But it's painfully slow and is very fragile for a BB if we exclude the fact it doesn't lose HP to astaroids. It has 1000 HP, no more than 50 armour, will jump without chance of execution of the hull drops below 30% and has a range of 6-9K, without AP or accuracy buffs, on the majority of its weapons when most other BBs can do 9-12K range and either have or can equip AP as well as accuracy buffs.

I agree, it has more weaknesses to compensate for its strong mid range all around weapons coverage.

I do however think that the mining laser should do more damage by default but get smaller bonuses from extra charges.

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 12 September 2016, 20:41

Imperator5 wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:

I agree, it has more weaknesses to compensate for its strong mid range all around weapons coverage.

I do however think that the mining laser should do more damage by default but get smaller bonuses from extra charges.

I'm floating three potential ideas:

Either we make it so it's only one charge, but increase the range to 6K and double the damage (collecting more charges from wrecks as the game progresses).

Or leaving the charges as they are and increasing the damage to around 90.

Or leave the charges as they are and increase the range.

I'm in two minds on it either being more flexible or more deadly. Possibly making it both but limiting charges.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Return to “Beta Discussion”