Demiurg ships

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
Mirorog

Demiurg ships

Postby Mirorog » 11 September 2016, 07:39

I really enjoy them. There are only 2 ships, and they have same weapons (in different quantity), but the ability to interact with their surroundings makes them very unique. If you don't know, Demiurg vessels take no asteroid damage, and they can mine asteroids/salvage ship wrecks to add charges to their prow cutting beam (up to 7 charges).

Demiurg ships are slow, they don't have high energy turns, but very dependent on their positioning. Fully charged cutting beam and full torpedo salvo from Stronghold can literally oneshot cruisers.

The only thing I don't like, that it's not possible to make a full fleet from Demiurg ships. I would like the Bastion placed in the cruiser class. Fluff says that it's quite often that 2-3 Bastions protect a Stronghold, so it would be nice to have the ability to use more than 2 Demiurg ships.

What do you think about them? Do you like their unique mechanics?

Wateren

Re: Demiurg ships

Postby Wateren » 11 September 2016, 08:03

I think they are awesome :) As you say, their unique mechanics make them really fun to play with.

But yeah, putting the bastion in the cruiser slot would probably be more appropriate.

LittleBlueMan

Postby LittleBlueMan » 11 September 2016, 08:34

The Demiurg ships are so cool. And make sure you have sounds turned on! Their lance noises are so well done. I would love to see the ships be able to be taken in a full fleet. +1 to your suggestion.

Would love them to regain their armored prows though.

Chaos_Umbra

Postby Chaos_Umbra » 12 September 2016, 08:53

Agreed, with moving one to a Cruiser slot, or just swap 1 cruiser slot for another auxiliary slot, I find it annoying having 3 ships to choose from and only 2 slots :x

TheGoldenChicken

Postby TheGoldenChicken » 12 September 2016, 10:52

I love the auxiliary ships of the Tau, and would love to see more. What I love most about them, is the fact that their strengths and weaknesses are widely different from their tau counterparts. I love to use the warsphere/stronghold to place between me and the enemy to zone them out.

Honestly: the auxiliaries are my favorite part about the Tau, and I wish we could get more of them

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 12 September 2016, 11:10

TheGoldenChicken wrote:I love the auxiliary ships of the Tau, and would love to see more. What I love most about them, is the fact that their strengths and weaknesses are widely different from their tau counterparts. I love to use the warsphere/stronghold to place between me and the enemy to zone them out.

Honestly: the auxiliaries are my favorite part about the Tau, and I wish we could get more of them

I have to agree but I think we got all of them that GW made ships for.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

TheGoldenChicken

Postby TheGoldenChicken » 12 September 2016, 11:37

Imperator5 wrote:
TheGoldenChicken wrote:I love the auxiliary ships of the Tau, and would love to see more. What I love most about them, is the fact that their strengths and weaknesses are widely different from their tau counterparts. I love to use the warsphere/stronghold to place between me and the enemy to zone them out.

I know I am probably going to be murdered by some kind of GW secret police, but what the hell; What if Tindalos says: "Screw the tabletop" and just make more kroot or maybe vespid ships to support our favorite faction? Would such a thing be possible?

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 12 September 2016, 11:38

TheGoldenChicken wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

I know I am probably going to be murdered by some kind of GW secret police, but what the hell; What if Tindalos says: "Screw the tabletop" and just make more kroot or maybe vespid ships to support our favorite faction? Would such a thing be possible?

No, they aren't allowed to.
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

TheGoldenChicken

Postby TheGoldenChicken » 12 September 2016, 11:43

Sagranda wrote:
TheGoldenChicken wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

No, they aren't allowed to.

So is it just GW preventing anyone from developing upon their lore, orrrrr?

Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Uksharazad87 » 12 September 2016, 11:48

Pretty much.

Its all GW's property that they've "lent" to tindalos and said "make us a game like this"

Return to “Beta Discussion”