Tau Balance and an Idea

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
User avatar
Sir A Harris
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 March 2016, 13:02
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Sir A Harris » 14 September 2016, 17:26

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
It was way too overpowered and I had to raise the issue, the chance that the tooltip was right and something got bugged with double attacks was too high?


if you actually used them, you would of know the tooltip was wrong, and like others said that, rather than shouting that the manta is OP because the tooltip said it was


Well newsflash troll, you can't turn off every dps and just send in bombers at a target that will not shoot them down with turrets! It is not testable and they were doing much better than other races' bombers so I thought better safe than sorry.


it is though isn't it, just turn be out of range of weapons, but use mantas, watch the health of the enemy ship, if it falls by 180 from 1 manta, bam, there's your show, besides, if it was true manta would of one hit everything that wasn't a battleship with only mantas
Image

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 14 September 2016, 18:17

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
if you actually used them, you would of know the tooltip was wrong, and like others said that, rather than shouting that the manta is OP because the tooltip said it was


Well newsflash troll, you can't turn off every dps and just send in bombers at a target that will not shoot them down with turrets! It is not testable and they were doing much better than other races' bombers so I thought better safe than sorry.


it is though isn't it, just turn be out of range of weapons, but use mantas, watch the health of the enemy ship, if it falls by 180 from 1 manta, bam, there's your show, besides, if it was true manta would of one hit everything that wasn't a battleship with only mantas


Yeah that is totally easy to do instead of checking the tooltip that should be reflecting proper values. You should win ten nobel prizes for your smarts, right?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Sir A Harris
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 March 2016, 13:02
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Sir A Harris » 14 September 2016, 18:37

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Well newsflash troll, you can't turn off every dps and just send in bombers at a target that will not shoot them down with turrets! It is not testable and they were doing much better than other races' bombers so I thought better safe than sorry.


it is though isn't it, just turn be out of range of weapons, but use mantas, watch the health of the enemy ship, if it falls by 180 from 1 manta, bam, there's your show, besides, if it was true manta would of one hit everything that wasn't a battleship with only mantas


Yeah that is totally easy to do instead of checking the tooltip that should be reflecting proper values. You should win ten nobel prizes for your smarts, right?


and you really lucked out in the gene pool for believing everything you read
Image

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 14 September 2016, 18:43

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
it is though isn't it, just turn be out of range of weapons, but use mantas, watch the health of the enemy ship, if it falls by 180 from 1 manta, bam, there's your show, besides, if it was true manta would of one hit everything that wasn't a battleship with only mantas


Yeah that is totally easy to do instead of checking the tooltip that should be reflecting proper values. You should win ten nobel prizes for your smarts, right?


and you really lucked out in the gene pool for believing everything you read


I rest easy knowing that there is one beneath me, and that 'person' is you.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Sir A Harris
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 March 2016, 13:02
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Sir A Harris » 14 September 2016, 18:47

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Yeah that is totally easy to do instead of checking the tooltip that should be reflecting proper values. You should win ten nobel prizes for your smarts, right?


and you really lucked out in the gene pool for believing everything you read


I rest easy knowing that there is one beneath me, and that 'person' is you.


id like to comfort you, but I have places to be on my high horse *clip* *clop*
Image

User avatar
Sir A Harris
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 March 2016, 13:02
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Sir A Harris » 14 September 2016, 18:49

Okay, Ill stop now and be the mature one, feel like I am arguing with a 14 year old and it feels just kinda sad after a while, so stopping further derailment, ill let the convo get back on track

hopefully impy is at least a little bit mature and agrees to disagree
Image

Zeblasky
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 May 2016, 21:59
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Zeblasky » 14 September 2016, 18:59

Btw, I deleted my Beta for a while, so can anyone explain to me, how does Tau ordinance currently actually works?

User avatar
Sir A Harris
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 March 2016, 13:02
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Sir A Harris » 14 September 2016, 19:22

Zeblasky wrote:Btw, I deleted my Beta for a while, so can anyone explain to me, how does Tau ordinance currently actually works?


The tooltip says 90 damage per bomber and 2 attacks per bomber. It does not say 90 damage per attack. If you look at the tooltip what it actually says is that Mantas attack twice for 45 damage each time, totaling 90 damage.

that pretty much, theres a few bits further back too, but basically yes the manta has the highest attack, but thats because its essentially the smallest escort, the thing has a grav drive (which is why I love the animation where when you retreat ships if the ship explodes the mantas still get out)
Image

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 14 September 2016, 20:04

Do we know if they make two 45 attacks or one 90?

I think the devs said that it was an indicator for their attacks against fighters. Which must be a bug because with other bombers says they got 1 attack, when such bombers do not make attacks against ordenance.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Zeblasky
Posts: 118
Joined: 15 May 2016, 21:59
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Zeblasky » 14 September 2016, 21:08

Sir A Harris wrote:
Zeblasky wrote:Btw, I deleted my Beta for a while, so can anyone explain to me, how does Tau ordinance currently actually works?


The tooltip says 90 damage per bomber and 2 attacks per bomber. It does not say 90 damage per attack. If you look at the tooltip what it actually says is that Mantas attack twice for 45 damage each time, totaling 90 damage.

that pretty much, theres a few bits further back too, but basically yes the manta has the highest attack, but thats because its essentially the smallest escort, the thing has a grav drive (which is why I love the animation where when you retreat ships if the ship explodes the mantas still get out)


And a single Manta per launch bay? And how much hitpoints it has? And does that upgrade that gives one more hit point to ordinance applies to fighters too? (it could even apply to torpedos as well, cos they are ordinance)


Return to “Beta Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron