Tau Balance and an Idea

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 10:13

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
You don't understand the meaning of tooltip. 90 dmg vs SHIPS, as in the bomb. 2 attacks against incoming enemy fighters. Those attacks are 2 totally different things. For better explanation on interception mechanics visit gameplay questions thread (any of them).

So do all bombers attack fighters than?

Why wouldn't they? Unless it is a major mistake in the tooltip. But Chaos/IN bombers have 1 attack in the tooltip, with 3 bombers per squadron soo... I doubt each bomber has 1/3 attack.

In other words yeah, imo each manta contributes 2 attacks during squadrons meeting (aka dogfight check). Impossible to measure experimentally due to inherently RNG heavy system so only devs can confirm.

Seems legit to me, after all mantas are stronger than casual bombers, but unlike T-hawks they have fighter cover so 3 attacks per manta would be too many.

In another thread it was clarified by the devs. Mantas do 5 attacks vs ordenance, Barracudas do 2, and there is 2 of them, for a 9 attacks per squadron launched.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 13 September 2016, 12:44

Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
So do all bombers attack fighters than?

Why wouldn't they? Unless it is a major mistake in the tooltip. But Chaos/IN bombers have 1 attack in the tooltip, with 3 bombers per squadron soo... I doubt each bomber has 1/3 attack.

In other words yeah, imo each manta contributes 2 attacks during squadrons meeting (aka dogfight check). Impossible to measure experimentally due to inherently RNG heavy system so only devs can confirm.

Seems legit to me, after all mantas are stronger than casual bombers, but unlike T-hawks they have fighter cover so 3 attacks per manta would be too many.

In another thread it was clarified by the devs. Mantas do 5 attacks vs ordenance, Barracudas do 2, and there is 2 of them, for a 9 attacks per squadron launched.

so, there you have it they aren't dealing 180 damage to ships per bomber

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 16:23

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

I said so in a thread like a day ago that they do not and tooltips are crazy? I did.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 13 September 2016, 16:58

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

I said so in a thread like a day ago that they do not and tooltips are crazy? I did.

We can just add it to the list of other things you are wrong about, the others you just havent come to terms with yet

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 18:45

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

We can just add it to the list of other things you are wrong about, the others you just havent come to terms with yet

Trolling again. Why am I not surprised? Oh wait the bugged tooltip was my fault? Oooooh right, Mr Smartest Person of the World.

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 13 September 2016, 19:39

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

Trolling again. Why am I not surprised? Oh wait the bugged tooltip was my fault? Oooooh right, Mr Smartest Person of the World.

you ran around shouting about it like it was the holy bible you discovered, now calm your heresy

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 20:52

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

you ran around shouting about it like it was the holy bible you discovered, now calm your heresy

It was way too overpowered and I had to raise the issue, the chance that the tooltip was right and something got bugged with double attacks was too high?

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 13 September 2016, 20:56

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

And he did the right thing, if you just mention something once it will not go through and will be ignored. Perhaps you should calm the hell down and stop making an issue out of something that isn't one.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 14 September 2016, 04:06

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

It was way too overpowered and I had to raise the issue, the chance that the tooltip was right and something got bugged with double attacks was too high?

if you actually used them, you would of know the tooltip was wrong, and like others said that, rather than shouting that the manta is OP because the tooltip said it was

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 14 September 2016, 15:42

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

if you actually used them, you would of know the tooltip was wrong, and like others said that, rather than shouting that the manta is OP because the tooltip said it was

Well newsflash troll, you can't turn off every dps and just send in bombers at a target that will not shoot them down with turrets! It is not testable and they were doing much better than other races' bombers so I thought better safe than sorry.

Return to “Beta Discussion”