Tau Balance and an Idea

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
LupusXIII
Posts: 24
Joined: 12 April 2016, 09:18
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby LupusXIII » 10 September 2016, 21:55

I think the best idea would be to rework/replace the seeker missle upgrade in my opinion it dosnt feel right.

And at the same time there is something i realy miss with all that markerlights i would have loved to see something that would allowe them to increase railgun accuracy past 6k distance.

That way they wouldnt be that crazy up close but still be deadly from far away i would prupose that they get a upgrade that reduces accuracy loss past 6k by 10% meaning they would have 80% at 3k, 60% at 6k, 50% at 9k, 40% at 12k and 30% at 15k naturally this would also need a rework of Kauyon as it would stack up pretty hard (85%,70%,65%60%55%).

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 10 September 2016, 22:21

The tooltips earlier today said 1 bomber for 90x2=180 attack. For the Custodian's 6 hangars, its 180x6=1080

Again, the tooltip may be totally bonkers at this point. I trust Caliger's info on it.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Spiritofpower
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 April 2016, 01:58
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Spiritofpower » 10 September 2016, 22:47

Imperator5 wrote:The tooltips earlier today said 1 bomber for 90x2=180 attack. For the Custodian's 6 hangars, its 180x6=1080

Again, the tooltip may be totally bonkers at this point. I trust Caliger's info on it.

The tooltip says 90 damage per bomber and 2 attacks per bomber. It does not say 90 damage per attack. If you look at the tooltip what it actually says is that Mantas attack twice for 45 damage each time, totaling 90 damage.

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby CALiGeR190 » 11 September 2016, 00:49

Spiritofpower wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:The tooltips earlier today said 1 bomber for 90x2=180 attack. For the Custodian's 6 hangars, its 180x6=1080

Again, the tooltip may be totally bonkers at this point. I trust Caliger's info on it.

The tooltip says 90 damage per bomber and 2 attacks per bomber. It does not say 90 damage per attack. If you look at the tooltip what it actually says is that Mantas attack twice for 45 damage each time, totaling 90 damage.

It could very well also mean what Imperator is saying.
We know that to be faulse from testing, but the point of it being unclear still stands.

I will also test to see whether what you're suggesting is correct, but I'm certain the tooltip is just borked.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Spiritofpower
Posts: 2
Joined: 10 April 2016, 01:58
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Spiritofpower » 11 September 2016, 01:00

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Spiritofpower wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:The tooltips earlier today said 1 bomber for 90x2=180 attack. For the Custodian's 6 hangars, its 180x6=1080

Again, the tooltip may be totally bonkers at this point. I trust Caliger's info on it.

The tooltip says 90 damage per bomber and 2 attacks per bomber. It does not say 90 damage per attack. If you look at the tooltip what it actually says is that Mantas attack twice for 45 damage each time, totaling 90 damage.

It could very well also mean what Imperator is saying.
We know that to be faulse from testing, but the point of it being unclear still stands.

I will also test to see whether what you're suggesting is correct, but I'm certain the tooltip is just borked.

You will note I didn't say the tooltip is correct ;)

I was just pointing out that, by the most literal reading of the tooltip, his interpretation wasn't actually right.

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 11 September 2016, 10:09

Since the tooltip says 1 attack per bomber in instances where bombers can not intercept, than it would be logical to assume that it did not change its meaning for Mantas.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Ahzek Ahriman
Posts: 434
Joined: 15 May 2016, 12:51
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 13 September 2016, 01:07

Spiritofpower wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:
Spiritofpower wrote:The tooltip says 90 damage per bomber and 2 attacks per bomber. It does not say 90 damage per attack. If you look at the tooltip what it actually says is that Mantas attack twice for 45 damage each time, totaling 90 damage.

It could very well also mean what Imperator is saying.
We know that to be faulse from testing, but the point of it being unclear still stands.

I will also test to see whether what you're suggesting is correct, but I'm certain the tooltip is just borked.

You will note I didn't say the tooltip is correct ;)

I was just pointing out that, by the most literal reading of the tooltip, his interpretation wasn't actually right.


You don't understand the meaning of tooltip. 90 dmg vs SHIPS, as in the bomb. 2 attacks against incoming enemy fighters. Those attacks are 2 totally different things. For better explanation on interception mechanics visit gameplay questions thread (any of them).
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 01:23

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Spiritofpower wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:It could very well also mean what Imperator is saying.
We know that to be faulse from testing, but the point of it being unclear still stands.

I will also test to see whether what you're suggesting is correct, but I'm certain the tooltip is just borked.

You will note I didn't say the tooltip is correct ;)

I was just pointing out that, by the most literal reading of the tooltip, his interpretation wasn't actually right.


You don't understand the meaning of tooltip. 90 dmg vs SHIPS, as in the bomb. 2 attacks against incoming enemy fighters. Those attacks are 2 totally different things. For better explanation on interception mechanics visit gameplay questions thread (any of them).


So do all bombers attack fighters than?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Bludfist
Posts: 997
Joined: 14 March 2016, 22:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Bludfist » 13 September 2016, 01:39

Imperator5 wrote:
So do all bombers attack fighters than?

it should only be ork fighta bombas and i belive tau manta bombers have a fighter escort?


all bombers cant attack fighters or else ork bombers would be even more garbage
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :
Image

User avatar
Ahzek Ahriman
Posts: 434
Joined: 15 May 2016, 12:51
Location: Krakow, Poland
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 13 September 2016, 06:20

Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Spiritofpower wrote:You will note I didn't say the tooltip is correct ;)

I was just pointing out that, by the most literal reading of the tooltip, his interpretation wasn't actually right.


You don't understand the meaning of tooltip. 90 dmg vs SHIPS, as in the bomb. 2 attacks against incoming enemy fighters. Those attacks are 2 totally different things. For better explanation on interception mechanics visit gameplay questions thread (any of them).


So do all bombers attack fighters than?


Why wouldn't they? Unless it is a major mistake in the tooltip. But Chaos/IN bombers have 1 attack in the tooltip, with 3 bombers per squadron soo... I doubt each bomber has 1/3 attack.

In other words yeah, imo each manta contributes 2 attacks during squadrons meeting (aka dogfight check). Impossible to measure experimentally due to inherently RNG heavy system so only devs can confirm.

Seems legit to me, after all mantas are stronger than casual bombers, but unlike T-hawks they have fighter cover so 3 attacks per manta would be too many.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false


Return to “Beta Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron