Tau Balance and an Idea

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
User avatar
Razah
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 September 2016, 13:51
Location: Krakow
Contact:

Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Razah » 10 September 2016, 14:07

I've read many people arguing about Tau lacking very obvious weakness. What do you guys think about something like making them turn around much slower? Or having to use special maneuvers to turn around in place? It would really mess them up if someone got in between their ships. As it is for now, their ships can just rotate fast enough to always present their front to an enemy. (so people, like me aren't happy with them doing so good in close quarters) In this way their damage would stay the same, but it would be very important for Tau to keep cohesive formation, or else they would get absolutely destroyed. They could maybe get even more scanners range (7,5k?) to compensate for their immobility. This way, they would keep their stronk firepower capability, while having a weakness, that could be reasonably easy to use against them.
To clarify, i'm talking only about their static rotation speed.
What do you guys think about it? i'm not the biggest fan of nerfing everything into oblivion, but this way they would keep their race characteristics.
The Emperor Protects

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 10 September 2016, 14:16

I think what needs to go is the too OP upgrades and combos. The core Tau traits should not be messed with, its the upgrades and favours that are a bit too much.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby CALiGeR190 » 10 September 2016, 14:23

Imperator5 wrote:I think what needs to go is the too OP upgrades and combos. The core Tau traits should not be messed with, its the upgrades and favours that are a bit too much.

Upon getting more play experience, I think its more of a snowball effect.
Most of the Favours are fine on their own, but become completely OP when they stack.
The upgrades are similar: no upgrades outright broken, and the range upgrades actually feel like more of a downgrade since there is no way to improve accuracy at long range, but all of the upgrades work far too well together in combination and can very quickly get out of control. Especially with stacked favours.

Making the base ships weaker would be one way of fixing the problem, but that may take away the fun element of playing them and make them much harder to grind. Otherwise, the main source of OP cheese with the faction is the secondary/PD builds with seekers and Markers. One or the other need to be removed or they both need nerfing.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 10 September 2016, 14:49

CALiGeR190 wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I think what needs to go is the too OP upgrades and combos. The core Tau traits should not be messed with, its the upgrades and favours that are a bit too much.

Upon getting more play experience, I think its more of a snowball effect.
Most of the Favours are fine on their own, but become completely OP when they stack.
The upgrades are similar: no upgrades outright broken, and the range upgrades actually feel like more of a downgrade since there is no way to improve accuracy at long range, but all of the upgrades work far too well together in combination and can very quickly get out of control. Especially with stacked favours.

Making the base ships weaker would be one way of fixing the problem, but that may take away the fun element of playing them and make them much harder to grind. Otherwise, the main source of OP cheese with the faction is the secondary/PD builds with seekers and Markers. One or the other need to be removed or they both need nerfing.


I would say making Mantas more in line with other bombers and than nerfing the Markerlinht/Seeker combo should be enough for now.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Sir A Harris
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 March 2016, 13:02
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Sir A Harris » 10 September 2016, 20:18

Imperator5 wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I think what needs to go is the too OP upgrades and combos. The core Tau traits should not be messed with, its the upgrades and favours that are a bit too much.

Upon getting more play experience, I think its more of a snowball effect.
Most of the Favours are fine on their own, but become completely OP when they stack.
The upgrades are similar: no upgrades outright broken, and the range upgrades actually feel like more of a downgrade since there is no way to improve accuracy at long range, but all of the upgrades work far too well together in combination and can very quickly get out of control. Especially with stacked favours.

Making the base ships weaker would be one way of fixing the problem, but that may take away the fun element of playing them and make them much harder to grind. Otherwise, the main source of OP cheese with the faction is the secondary/PD builds with seekers and Markers. One or the other need to be removed or they both need nerfing.


I would say making Mantas more in line with other bombers and than nerfing the Markerlinht/Seeker combo should be enough for now.



you and the bloody manatas xD

lests just make 1 bomber not equal to a 3 bombers because thats not right (even though that is what it is mantas are even capable of warp flight(taus version of warp), which was a nice touch by the devs)
Image

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 10 September 2016, 20:22

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
CALiGeR190 wrote:Upon getting more play experience, I think its more of a snowball effect.
Most of the Favours are fine on their own, but become completely OP when they stack.
The upgrades are similar: no upgrades outright broken, and the range upgrades actually feel like more of a downgrade since there is no way to improve accuracy at long range, but all of the upgrades work far too well together in combination and can very quickly get out of control. Especially with stacked favours.

Making the base ships weaker would be one way of fixing the problem, but that may take away the fun element of playing them and make them much harder to grind. Otherwise, the main source of OP cheese with the faction is the secondary/PD builds with seekers and Markers. One or the other need to be removed or they both need nerfing.


I would say making Mantas more in line with other bombers and than nerfing the Markerlinht/Seeker combo should be enough for now.



you and the bloody manatas xD

lests just make 1 bomber not equal to a 3 bombers because thats not right (even though that is what it is mantas are even capable of warp flight(taus version of warp), which was a nice touch by the devs)


We need to see the devs if their tooltip is bugged. If they deal 90 damage than its fine. 3 bombers usually do 30 per bomber for 90 so that would be perfectly balanced.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
Sir A Harris
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 March 2016, 13:02
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Sir A Harris » 10 September 2016, 20:24

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
I would say making Mantas more in line with other bombers and than nerfing the Markerlinht/Seeker combo should be enough for now.



you and the bloody manatas xD

lests just make 1 bomber not equal to a 3 bombers because thats not right (even though that is what it is mantas are even capable of warp flight(taus version of warp), which was a nice touch by the devs)


We need to see the devs if their tooltip is bugged. If they deal 90 damage than its fine. 3 bombers usually do 30 per bomber for 90 so that would be perfectly balanced.


have you ever one hit or been 1 hit by Cascodian bombers?
Image

User avatar
Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester
Posts: 3063
Joined: 22 December 2015, 07:46
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Imperator5 » 10 September 2016, 20:25

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

you and the bloody manatas xD

lests just make 1 bomber not equal to a 3 bombers because thats not right (even though that is what it is mantas are even capable of warp flight(taus version of warp), which was a nice touch by the devs)


We need to see the devs if their tooltip is bugged. If they deal 90 damage than its fine. 3 bombers usually do 30 per bomber for 90 so that would be perfectly balanced.


have you ever one hit or been 1 hit by Cascodian bombers?


What is a cascodian?
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

User avatar
CALiGeR190
Community Moderator
Posts: 1202
Joined: 27 October 2015, 19:03
Location: Manchester, England
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby CALiGeR190 » 10 September 2016, 20:28

Imperator5 wrote:What is a cascodian?

The Tau battleship.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

User avatar
Sir A Harris
Posts: 160
Joined: 12 March 2016, 13:02
Contact:

Re: Tau Balance and an Idea

Postby Sir A Harris » 10 September 2016, 20:31

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
We need to see the devs if their tooltip is bugged. If they deal 90 damage than its fine. 3 bombers usually do 30 per bomber for 90 so that would be perfectly balanced.


have you ever one hit or been 1 hit by Cascodian bombers?


What is a cascodian?


sorry, custodian
Image


Return to “Beta Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest