Lazy Model Design

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
LittleBlueMan

Re: Lazy Model Design

Postby LittleBlueMan » 11 September 2016, 22:40

Kalenath I don't understand your point. What are you saying regarding the re-use of these bits. Golden chicken, please don't reduce this to something based on similarity. If it was a case of merely similar, I wouldn't have posted it at all. Read the thread please. It's a series of exact duplicates that are out of place.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 12 September 2016, 00:30

LittleBlueMan wrote:Kalenath I don't understand your point. What are you saying regarding the re-use of these bits. Golden chicken, please don't reduce this to something based on similarity. If it was a case of merely similar, I wouldn't have posted it at all. Read the thread please. It's a series of exact duplicates that are out of place.

Well GW has spoken. Not that GW is smart, but they are stubborn like a Donkey with a sore ass. Getit? There is little to do to change their minds since this is not big an issue to impact sales.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Kalenath

Postby Kalenath » 12 September 2016, 11:31

LittleBlueMan wrote:Kalenath I don't understand your point. What are you saying regarding the re-use of these bits. Golden chicken, please don't reduce this to something based on similarity. If it was a case of merely similar, I wouldn't have posted it at all. Read the thread please. It's a series of exact duplicates that are out of place.

My point is that anytime Warhammer 40000 is involved, logic and sense have NOTHING to do with it. GW makes the rules and everyone has to live with them. Forge World does a reasonably good job of managing every time GW decides to retcon stuff.

I was trying to be funny. GW's rules don't HAVE to make any sense. They own the IP, they have the power. They decide what goes in and what does not. Forge World has made a few things that have had some difficulty fitting and they usually post some 'experimental' rules to help them fit. As Imperator said, they are usually pretty good about making things make sense for THEIR stuff. At least until GW decides to throw the whole rulebook into the trash and make us all buy new ones. Again.

My point is, do not blame Tindalos for being TOLD that they HAD to use THIS.
You deny the Greater Good? I regret that.

YOU will regret the seeker missile that is now homing in on your personal biosignature. Have a nice day.

:P

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 12 September 2016, 13:34

Actually my point was that Black Library and GW made better lore than Forge World, but Forge World actually manages to make somewhat balances rules for their games.

That's why 30k is popular. Granted its marine vs marine, but its still rather balanced according to most folks compared to various sm vs sm scenarios in 40k.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Kalenath

Postby Kalenath » 12 September 2016, 14:09

Imperator5 wrote:Actually my point was that Black Library and GW made better lore than Forge World, but Forge World actually manages to make somewhat balances rules for their games.

That's why 30k is popular. Granted its marine vs marine, but its still rather balanced according to most folks compared to various sm vs sm scenarios in 40k.

Good point.

Still never buying anything directly from GW ever again after their 'measured response' to the outcry when they screwed all of their fans. An Exterminatus might have been kinder than what they did to their forums.
You deny the Greater Good? I regret that.

YOU will regret the seeker missile that is now homing in on your personal biosignature. Have a nice day.

:P

LittleBlueMan

Postby LittleBlueMan » 13 September 2016, 07:11

Kalenath wrote:
My point is, do not blame Tindalos for being TOLD that they HAD to use THIS.

This information came about as a result of my post. It was not known beforehand. If it was, please show me where so that I can be more informed.

This thread is about dead so let me re-iterate one last time. If Tindalos was required to use the existing Tau Hammerhead, Markerlight Drone, and Gundrone bits, that is super lame but not something I'd put past GW. It is disappointing to see recycled assets in a new game, especially when these assets are out of scale. I was very excited to see the new, high-def take on these items, so seeing space stations and turrets and etc with the exact same topography as a 32mm model that I have about 30 of...well that's disappointing. If my disappointment lies with GW and not Tindalos, fine, but that doesn't change that it is disappointing.

anguloke

Postby anguloke » 13 September 2016, 09:41

LittleBlueMan wrote: The devs have taken the weapon from a tank, a weapon that is about 10 feet long, right, and put it on a ship that is over a kilometer long. It's not aesthetically similar, it's IDENTICAL. Lances work like lascannons, so let's just put a predator sponson on a ship. Right? No, there would be outcry.

It is lore supported. It literally say it is up scaled ground weapons. Two, the comparison of Tau to Imperial tech doesn't make sense either. Tau tech is supposed to be more efficient. Where they can just upscale unlike Imperials, who barely know the science behind their technology anymore.
What is your Duty? To serve Emperor’s Will.
What is Emperor’s Will? That we fight and die.
What is Death? It is our duty.
What is your Duty? …

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 10:24

anguloke wrote:
LittleBlueMan wrote: The devs have taken the weapon from a tank, a weapon that is about 10 feet long, right, and put it on a ship that is over a kilometer long. It's not aesthetically similar, it's IDENTICAL. Lances work like lascannons, so let's just put a predator sponson on a ship. Right? No, there would be outcry.

It is lore supported. It literally say it is up scaled ground weapons. Two, the comparison of Tau to Imperial tech doesn't make sense either. Tau tech is supposed to be more efficient. Where they can just upscale unlike Imperials, who barely know the science behind their technology anymore.

Actually for the last 5 years or so, the Techpriests have grown rather competent in both Black Library and Fantasy Flight games stuff.

anguloke

Postby anguloke » 14 September 2016, 02:41

Imperator5 wrote:
Actually for the last 5 years or so, the Techpriests have grown rather competent in both Black Library and Fantasy Flight games stuff.

Care to support that?

"Railgun Batteries are large versions of standard Railguns used by Broadside Battlesuits. "

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Tau_Fleet_Weaponry

"The Tau, though an extremely young interstellar state compared to the Imperium of Man, possess some of the most advanced weapons and equipment in the galaxy."

"The Tau vehicles are easily some of the best in the galaxy. They possess a wide range of upgrades and weapon choices, combined with speed and heavy armor. The Imperium has learned to fear them."

There are two styles of Titans out, that also exemplify this scaled up style. Those looking like scaled up battle suits, and those looking like combo of scaled up battle suit and vehicle.

What is your Duty? To serve Emperor’s Will.
What is Emperor’s Will? That we fight and die.
What is Death? It is our duty.
What is your Duty? …

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 14 September 2016, 02:50

Those are not titans, just kitbashes made by fans. They are not official nor canon.

My sources on the Admech are from the FFG techpriest parts from Dark Heresy and other RPGs, and the Black Library novels about the Mechanicus like Mechanicum, Titanicus, Skitarii and the Priest/Lords/Gods of Mars trilogy, basically every novel made in the few last years.

Do you want to question my sources' authenticity after posting fan kits, or are we done here?

Return to “Beta Discussion”