Tau at Rank 8. A rant.

General discussion regarding the Tau Empire beta.
Eisengratz

Re: Tau at Rank 8. A rant.

Postby Eisengratz » 11 September 2016, 02:50

I do think dropping the Custodian's points a smidge, to make it usable in 2v2, would be great. It's a good ship by itself, and I definitely would like to use it with friends.

And since the Stronghold was brought up, it does seem a bit cheap for all it brings. Yeah, a BB with 1k HP and average armor is a justifiable weakness, but considering the sheer dakka that thing can pump out, I expected it to be much more expensive.

If we want to leave it at the point cost its at, that's fine with me :D But it does seem inordinately powerful for its cost, while the Custodian's biggest strength (Ordnance and Dhow's) can be mitigated without having to murder the thing first.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 11 September 2016, 10:23

Honestly, I would prefer it if battles became bigger.

The Custodian is a very powerful battleship carrier, and if you want to bring it the enemy should be able to bring enough to defeat it.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 11 September 2016, 11:09

Imperator5 wrote:Honestly, I would prefer it if battles became bigger.

The Custodian is a very powerful battleship carrier, and if you want to bring it the enemy should be able to bring enough to defeat it.

if the enemy had a brain they can......, its called out maneuvering it, or better yet, tactics

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 11 September 2016, 11:36

Sir A Harris wrote:

if the enemy had a brain they can......, its called out maneuvering it, or better yet, tactics

What if you start to do tactics too? Than the enemy will have nothing. Making 2vs2 with 450 points would help.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 11 September 2016, 11:44

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

What if you start to do tactics too? Than the enemy will have nothing. Making 2vs2 with 450 points would help.

there are few tactics you can do with a small number of ships, the Custodian takes up most of your allowance (over half)
All people need to do is pincer movement the thing......... force it to aim at the sides since then your ships will deal with half the firepower, if it turn to face on side of the fleet, there's a good backside for pillaging, it isn't that hard

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 11 September 2016, 12:30

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

there are few tactics you can do with a small number of ships, the Custodian takes up most of your allowance (over half)
All people need to do is pincer movement the thing......... force it to aim at the sides since then your ships will deal with half the firepower, if it turn to face on side of the fleet, there's a good backside for pillaging, it isn't that hard

There is not much need for it to turn its side since all weapons are forward 270 degree mounts except the homing torpedoes... and they home.

Uksharazad87

Postby Uksharazad87 » 11 September 2016, 12:32

Personally, Tau ships rotate too fast. their speed is fine, but the rotation is insane if feel that if it was toned down a bit it would give other fleets more opportunity to get flanking shots on the taus sides & rear.

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 11 September 2016, 17:12

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

There is not much need for it to turn its side since all weapons are forward 270 degree mounts except the homing torpedoes... and they home.

clearly you don't understand, from both sides all weapons can't focus you, only half can......

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 11 September 2016, 18:11

Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:

clearly you don't understand, from both sides all weapons can't focus you, only half can......

Clearly you forgot that Tau weapons all have 270 arcs, I tested it in skirmish. There is no reason for a tau vessel to point anything but the prow towards you, and a lot of reasons to point the prow.

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 11 September 2016, 18:29

Imperator5 wrote:
Sir A Harris wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:

Clearly you forgot that Tau weapons all have 270 arcs, I tested it in skirmish. There is no reason for a tau vessel to point anything but the prow towards you, and a lot of reasons to point the prow.

tell me, what is a pincer movement and can the left side weapons fire to the right side through the ship?

Anyone should know a pincer movement...

And the answer to the second is no, the cannot so either it needs to face directly ahead as you attack the sides, or turn and face one of your groups exposing its rear to your other group

if you still don't get it ill be left with drawing you a picture.....
i don't get how a simple pincer movement is so complex to you

Return to “Beta Discussion”