Tau Beta End & Your Feedback

Official news for the Tau Empire beta
Velociraptom
Focus Team

Tau Beta End & Your Feedback

Postby Velociraptom » 13 September 2016, 12:51

Greetings Admirals,

We hope you've been enjoying your time with the Tau Empire beta, and that you've had plenty of opportunities to spread the Greater Good across the galaxy!

The beta will come to an end tomorrow (14th September, 5PM Paris time).

If you haven't had the chance to give us your feedback on the Tau Empire yet, it would be greatly appreciated if you could fill out our feedback form, which you can view by clicking here!

Until next time,

Velociraptom

Sagranda

Re: Tau Beta End & Your Feedback

Postby Sagranda » 13 September 2016, 13:30

Velociraptom wrote:The beta will come to an end tomorrow (14th September, 5PM Paris time).

That's UTC/GMT +1 btw
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Uksharazad87
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Uksharazad87 » 13 September 2016, 13:31

Filled in the form. <3

Atherius

Postby Atherius » 13 September 2016, 15:16

The form has been filled and delivered.

While the Emperor demands loyalty. Though Duty only ends in Death. This has really proven that much can be achieved For the Greater Good!

Ashardalon

Postby Ashardalon » 13 September 2016, 18:11

suggestion for future question lists
dividing the is this mission type balanced questions into attacker/defender

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 13 September 2016, 19:05

Done and sent, glad to have helped.

The team got the Tau feels, sounds, looks down great. The auxiliaries are a nice addition. I just feel that some upgrades and their combos need to be looked at, and it will be great.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

TheGoldenChicken

Postby TheGoldenChicken » 13 September 2016, 19:23

Submitted

I second what imperetor said, although I must say, after all the shit Tindalos have gotten from the Eldar and SM, you guys are quite cool :)

Sir A Harris

Postby Sir A Harris » 13 September 2016, 20:10

Already done :) some things have been great, no nerfs needed, just a few improvements here and there, great job guys

Steel*Faith

Postby Steel*Faith » 14 September 2016, 00:35

Incredible work done on the Tau. The Demiurg ship is by far my favorite in the game, and it's really just incredible to look at and see it fight in combat.

I just wish the Auxiliary ships could gain some kind of substitute for the lack of crew customization though, or just simply have their own alien crew to pick from in some form.

As a avid Tau fan, this will be the best gift I receive in a long time - I never expected to see this quality of content as a free dlc. I don't know how you guys can afford to put this out for free?

Anyhow, thank you Tindalos, sincerely.

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 14 September 2016, 05:22

Beta is pretty buggy, you have a lot of stuff to fix.

There's fatal crashes from Dhow reinforcements over longer games.

Ramming damage makes zero sense with Tau, higher tonnage ships take more damage than lower tonnage ships when ramming/being rammed.

There's a bug where Tau ships are unable to cancel warp out, both the merc ships with water caste and the actual tau ships suffer from this. This breaks the game and it happens non-stop.

Stronghold is vastly superior to its alternatives/Kroot warsphere is a flaming pile of trash.

Ships can become uncontrollable, as in their interface is 100% gray'd out. May be related to the warp out bug.

Tooltips need reworking. The English in them is either too muddled and doesn't make sense or the tooltips just aren't there.

Textures look like crap in most cases.

I've had a bug where I was able to take the same stronghold 2x into battle before.

I've also had a bug where my combusion went from 1/4 to 0 with no warning and the ships would not stop all aheading even when given commands.

Dhows that are called in via Water Caste sometimes have no range set and will sit doing nothing until you manually set it yourself.

Sometimes mining drones don't appear on wreckage.

Stealth Alloys is 100% overpowered on transports.

Custodian is a pretty bad BB due to its point cost because grav hooks is more like a tax than a useful feature.

Tau is fun and the premise is great so far, just a bunch of stuff to fix. Good luck and good job on the concept!

Return to “Beta News”