Tau AI leaving the battle without fighting

Technical support for the Tau Empire beta.
Agiond

Tau AI leaving the battle without fighting

Postby Agiond » 09 September 2016, 17:20

I don't know if it's a core bug or not, as i just came back to BGA because TAU. But i've seen a couple times when the TAU AI retreats its ships once one of them is heavily damaged, all of this on clash of cruisers, not on Data or assassination misions.

Anyone else has seen this wierd behabiour?

Atherius

Re: Tau AI leaving the battle without fighting

Postby Atherius » 09 September 2016, 23:42

It is possible to experience a mass rout of the enemy fleet, without it being a bug. This is most often seen when skirmishing against orks. However, all races except space marines, who knows no fear, can rout in this manner.

When a ship retreats or is destroyed this triggers a test in all its friendly capital ships. While very rare, sometimes they all fail and start to flee. Most likely they just all failed their courage or leadership test so to speak. That you've experienced it more than once is a bit against the odds, but not impossible.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 10 September 2016, 18:20

You gotta know that randomization in this game is very wild, and you are as likely to experience casual events (like single crit to your weapon) as you are to experience extreme scenarios like all ships routing in chain reaction, boarded ship failing or succeeding all assault tests... several times in a row. The same goes for critical hits, weapon accuracy or randomizing enemies.

Prepare for situations when for instance, you play solo skirmish and you encounter one faction very often for a while, or one or 2 factions not at all.

I've had one time when I faced chaos 6 times in a row, then IN once, then chaos 3 times more and in next dozen of games different races but chaos clearly more often than others.

Conversely not long ago I didn't face orkz for at least 20 games or so. It's normal for this game and doesn't mean it bugged on you, just wait until RNG gods look more favorably upon you.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Agiond

Postby Agiond » 10 September 2016, 19:18

Ok, didn't know ships could chainrout this hard. Guess it was just bad luck and not a bug. Thanks for your answers :D

Return to “Technical Support”