Tau Model Pictures (tabletop game)

Discuss the Tau fleet. For the Greater Good!
Puchert
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Tau Model Pictures (tabletop game)

Postby Puchert » 29 April 2016, 21:00

i dont know why, but the long "Lego" design of the tau always remembered me of ancient ships from stargate...

"We fight & we die in the name of the Emperor. This is how its always have been - and ever will be!
We are the Death Korps of Krieg & we will hold the line!!"

StormAlchemist15

Postby StormAlchemist15 » 26 May 2016, 08:38

Really hoping for the Korvattra fleet especially, love those Explorer class ships ^^

Phone makes spelling bad
All of our failures fuel our success in the bloody and visceral weather game of chess.

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 18 June 2016, 22:40

I wonder... do you think Tindalos will use the games workshop tau or the forgeworld tau for the basis of their ships?

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 19 June 2016, 08:00

• Tau Fleet (Forge World) DLC
We've intercepted alarming signals from the Damocles Sector! For the greater good! Free for Early Adopters.

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 19 June 2016, 19:01

Righty o. The forgeworld tau ships. I really do wonder how the games workshop tau ever got released.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 19 June 2016, 21:52

BanjoJohn wrote:Righty o. The forgeworld tau ships. I really do wonder how the games workshop tau ever got released.

the gamesworkshop tau fleet was supposed to suck. The Tau have plenty of technological advantages, naval technology isn't one

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 20 June 2016, 03:07

BrianDavion wrote:
BanjoJohn wrote:Righty o. The forgeworld tau ships. I really do wonder how the games workshop tau ever got released.

the gamesworkshop tau fleet was supposed to suck. The Tau have plenty of technological advantages, naval technology isn't one

Well I mean design wise, the forgeworld tau are much more beautiful than the gw tau. Bad tech doesnt nessisarily mean bad design.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 20 June 2016, 05:28

BanjoJohn wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:

Well I mean design wise, the forgeworld tau are much more beautiful than the gw tau. Bad tech doesnt nessisarily mean bad design.

and pretty doesn't mean bad design.
the GW Tau ships where an extremely functional utlitarian design. course this is the problem as the Tau on the ground are designed to have a very anime aestetic, if one thing you can say about anime is it seldom prizes function over form.

Anonymouse

Postby Anonymouse » 23 June 2016, 03:48

Personally, I preferred the GW Tau fleet. It had this old-school Star Wars "used future" vibe that I really liked. The Forge World ones are practically indistinguishable from their tanks.

And yeah, I know the know the Merchant fleet sucks in combat, but it wouldn't take much tweaking to fix that. You could have them as a long-range sorta sniper fleet, with great prow weapons and shields but poor manoeuvrability and flank protection.

LittleBlueMan

Postby LittleBlueMan » 23 June 2016, 22:53

The GW Tau fleet was perfect. Truly spectacular. They're hard to take good pictures of, but you really got the sense of scale with them. I mean they are huge. Like astonishingly large, an Explorer being longer than an Emperor. You can feel that the Tau were trying their HARDEST to build something that could compete. And they couldn't quite manage it, but with enough ships and enough material they can make it work.

The forgeworld fleet is majorly disappointing. Wings in space bring their own issues, but they look just like the tanks, they're overly anime, but most importantly, I think the designs are uninspired (custodian aside). The designers wanted to put in some sleek smooth ships, but that's where the originality ended IMO.

I really really really really hope they'll release GW Tau, as that is the fleet I collected in TT, the fleet I love, and the fleet that meshes best with the aesthetics of the setting.

Return to “Tau Fleet”