Tau need a lot of Changes

Discuss the Tau fleet. For the Greater Good!
Ahzek Ahriman

Re: Tau need a lot of Changes

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 14 October 2016, 18:55

Aquilar wrote:sooo baack on topic

So the dhow upgrade can be removed and the wardens get some health.

...what's the point? There's still Water Caste favor.

Better nerf Tau favors (especially Earth Caste) while we're at it.

The aforementioned Earth Caste with esperimental rail gun is still too strong, Water Caste is the source of all cheese, Fire Caste is way too strong proportionately to the assault favours of other factions and Air Caste pretty much single-handedly counters all weaknesses that Tau actually have (speed).
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 14 October 2016, 23:17

You could say the same about Chaos favours - Nurgle is too strong compared to other CQC favours (actually it's much stronger than the fire caste) and counters main Chaos weakness, while Slaanesh and Tzeench are both extremely cheesy. You can find "cheesy" favours for most other factions too.

The only two favours that are realistically causing problems for me are Water and Earth and both only do so if abused in a certain way. I also find Earth really gamebreaking vs low health factions, for others it's tough, but manageable.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 15 October 2016, 08:38

EArth could be fixed easily, the railgun should not ignore shields.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 15 October 2016, 10:26

Railgun not ignoring shields would stop performing its artillery role vs kiting Chaos and would still trash Eldar or 100 shields SM ships, which are the two races who suffer the most from it, it's a bad idea (if it's the only change).

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 15 October 2016, 13:33

MadDemiurg wrote:Railgun not ignoring shields would stop performing its artillery role vs kiting Chaos and would still trash Eldar or 100 shields SM ships, which are the two races who suffer the most from it, it's a bad idea (if it's the only change).

I don't know what else can be done to it honestly.

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 15 October 2016, 20:42

Easy:
-Increase firing delay from 2s to 3s (ship can still track the target during delay like it does currently)
-Show a visible indicator where it's going to fire
-Make it reduce armour by 25 instead of to 25 (preferably make armour work like % mitigation rather than negation chance cause otherwise it can become very frustrating depending on rng. It already is with 25% negation and 180 sec cd)
-Give Eldar aoe damage mitigation depending on holofield charge (max 50%). This would include experimental railguns and novas.

As for water caste:
Limit to 2 charges. Starts on 1/2 instead of full cd (to be more useful in timed missions). Change it to summon wardens. Give wardens + 100 hp.

Same changes for IN favour (but 3 charges).

FIre/air caste are ok as is imo.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 16 October 2016, 16:45

MadDemiurg wrote:Easy:
-Increase firing delay from 2s to 3s (ship can still track the target during delay like it does currently)
-Make it reduce armour by 25 instead of to 25 (preferably make armour work like % mitigation rather than negation chance cause otherwise it can become very frustrating depending on rng. It already is with 25% negation and 180 sec cd)
-Give Eldar aoe damage mitigation depending on holofield charge (max 50%). This would include experimental railguns and novas.

Seems legit to me, %mitigation would be sooo much better overall than this stupid table-topy all-or-nothing chance. As if this game hadn't been already completely dominated by RNG gods.

As for the last one, not gonna happen.
Remember how holofields work? They're not gonna magically displace an explosion of all things. Lances yeah, because they are mostly light so holofields would obviously interact with them.

But mitigation of areal damage? Simply, not gonna happen. Would break the lore too much, GW would not approve of this. Unless perhaps it was an upgrade (I believe Eldar already do have a similar upgrade, not playing them much so someone correct me on this).

P.S.
Did too much sorcery make me play mind tricks on my own brain or am I seeing myself looking at you? :D

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 16 October 2016, 17:55

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

Seems legit to me, %mitigation would be sooo much better overall than this stupid table-topy all-or-nothing chance. As if this game hadn't been already completely dominated by RNG gods.

Remember how holofields work? They're not gonna magically displace an explosion of all things. Lances yeah, because they are mostly light so holofields would obviously interact with them.

But mitigation of areal damage? Simply, not gonna happen. Would break the lore too much, GW would not approve of this. Unless perhaps it was an upgrade (I believe Eldar already do have a similar upgrade, not playing them much so someone correct me on this).

P.S.
Did too much sorcery make me play mind tricks on my own brain or am I seeing myself looking at you? :D

In fact it would be better if armour was flat out just remade into mitigation instead of negation.

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 16 October 2016, 19:00

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

P.S.

Actually, I think holofields do help vs novas on TT. And yes, it's an Ahriman avatar :D.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 16 October 2016, 19:35

Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

P.S.

In fact it would be better if armour was flat out just remade into mitigation instead of negation.

That's exactly what I meant, sorry if my choice of wording was unclear.

Or rather, it would be even better if armour normally reduced all damage, with small (not 25, more like maybe 5-10) chance to negate it altogether (glancing hit).

As it is now, it makes no sense, both gameplay and "reality" wise (treat "reality" with a rather massive grain of salt).
I know it's port from TT but hey, table top had to have a great number of mechanics just to accomodate its very nature of playing (turns).

Eldar are another victim of TT mechanic porting. Pulsars, ship design and stuff, but that's a whole different talk.

Return to “Tau Fleet”