Tau Fleet Predictions

Discuss the Tau fleet. For the Greater Good!
Cryhavok

Tau Fleet Predictions

Postby Cryhavok » 27 June 2016, 19:47

Now that we have seen the first DLC, and seen that each faction won't necessarily follow the same format with fleet composition and favors and stuff, what are people's BFG:A Tau predictions?

Will their favors be Sept based, or caste based, or Something else entirely, like X ship carries an Ethereal? Maybe we will get to have ships from the empire or from the farsight enclaves?

How do you think the ships will be organized? What options will they have in the various slots?

If I remember right, tau ships had a ton of ordnance, but were a little bit slow to average speed, so how do you foresee them being being used against other factions? What tactics do you think you'll be able to use with them?

How much are you going to cry if you get boarded? Will they have any special faction abilities to let them deal with the mass boardings that can happen in game? If you think they will, how do you think it will work, or how would you set it to work?

Do you think their ordnance (baracudas and manta missile destroyers) will compare to thunderhawks? or to more traditional ordnance?

Do you think their torpedoes will be as good as the space marine homing torpedoes? better? worse? Not cost an upgrade?

Do you think they will have different skills, or mostly the same?

In the table top their macro weapons were railguns and their lances were ion cannons. Do you think they will function as standard lances and macro or have special mechanics? What upgrades do you think they will give their weapons? The standard, or more unique things?

Share with us all what you hope to see, and what you think we will see, and what you fear we will see!
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Tau Fleet Predictions

Postby Imperator5 » 07 September 2016, 19:01

I think that the Tau ships will have slightly weaker broadside armament than the other factions, but both will be able to fire forward for greater firepower than any other race can match.

I think they'll have around 9km average range, longer range than sm, ork or in, but not as much as Chaos.

I think they'll be weak to boarding and will generally do their best if they can form a line and fire at things that are out of boarding distance.

They may give trouble to Chaos and eldar but be vulnerable to marines and orks. Unless their railguns will have AP too, in that case it will be horribly OP.

Their forward firing will make them powerful against single targets, but they won't be that good up close when they have to broadside.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

shadowsfm

Postby shadowsfm » 07 September 2016, 19:11

i heard rumors, they will be quick and focus on long range lance and seeker torpedoes, but low armor and shields

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 07 September 2016, 19:13

Imperator5 wrote:I think that the Tau ships will have slightly weaker broadside armament than the other factions, but both will be able to fire forward for greater firepower than any other race can match.

I think they'll have around 9km average range, longer range than sm, ork or in, but not as much as Chaos.

I think they'll be weak to boarding and will generally do their best if they can form a line and fire at things that are out of boarding distance.

They may give trouble to Chaos and eldar but be vulnerable to marines and orks. Unless their railguns will have AP too, in that case it will be horribly OP.

Their forward firing will make them powerful against single targets, but they won't be that good up close when they have to broadside.

If they are going to be forward focused faction, they're in deep shit unless they have something like OP rail guns.

They'll just get murdered by Orkz, Marines and IN most likely too. In this game you either try to close the distance or kite. And in this configuration Tau will want to avoid both at the same time.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Imperator5

Postby Imperator5 » 07 September 2016, 21:57

Ahzek Ahriman wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I think that the Tau ships will have slightly weaker broadside armament than the other factions, but both will be able to fire forward for greater firepower than any other race can match.

If they are going to be forward focused faction, they're in deep shit unless they have something like OP rail guns.

They'll just get murdered by Orkz, Marines and IN most likely too. In this game you either try to close the distance or kite. And in this configuration Tau will want to avoid both at the same time.

Remember this will mean they can bring to bear both their broadside AND prow armament on target.

Even if their broadsides are only 75% power of the other races, it means 150% forward broadside firepower in addition of the prow gun if they got some of those.

I feel like anything standing in front of the Tau will met in short order. The trick will be surviving long enough to get into boarding range and cripple them with ease.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 07 September 2016, 22:31

Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

Remember this will mean they can bring to bear both their broadside AND prow armament on target.

Even if their broadsides are only 75% power of the other races, it means 150% forward broadside firepower in addition of the prow gun if they got some of those.

I feel like anything standing in front of the Tau will met in short order. The trick will be surviving long enough to get into boarding range and cripple them with ease.

which is honestly "very tau" a lotta firepower b ut if you get into Melee you're dead meat

crimsonsun

Postby crimsonsun » 08 September 2016, 15:43

BrianDavion wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:
Ahzek Ahriman wrote:

which is honestly "very tau" a lotta firepower b ut if you get into Melee you're dead meat

+1 I'm downloading this atm but this sounds like they are going to plan exactly as they should.

Return to “Tau Fleet”