To smurf or not to smurf?

Discuss the Space Marine fleet. There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector.
iamacyborg

Re: To smurf or not to smurf?

Postby iamacyborg » 27 April 2016, 21:50

White Scars and Ravenguard make sense just because of their lore in terms of void warfare. Would love to see Salamanders in there somehow though.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 27 April 2016, 22:25

Deidryt wrote:Just as long as you don't do Angry Marines...

Someone got the power boot up the ass :D

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 28 April 2016, 00:39

MYNAME? wrote:Smurfs are super homosexual

I think you're confusing them with Dark Angels whom are a referance to a Poem by poet Lionel Johnson called "the dark angel" that talks about a dark secret, which referances the poets homosexuality.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 28 April 2016, 00:51

BrianDavion wrote:
MYNAME? wrote:Smurfs are super homosexual

I think you're confusing them with Dark Angels whom are a referance to a Poem by poet Lionel Johnson called "the dark angel" that talks about a dark secret, which referances the poets homosexuality.

Baah smurfs are annoyingly gay like cato sicarios lol

Gobsmaka

Postby Gobsmaka » 28 April 2016, 02:46

I would like to see the IN favour switch to deathwatch, that way it's not chapter specific and imperial fists then become the base chapter for the new fleet with favours providing flavour to a crusading fleet.

Smurfs will be in there my guess for the othe 3 would be black Templars, space wolves and either blood angles or dark angles.

My choice would be white scars, grey knights and legion of the dammed ( paint job would look awesome! )
"I'm here to kill the enemies of man, not to play politics"

Kailis Storm of the Adeptus Astartes M41-June

Gnofry

Postby Gnofry » 28 April 2016, 04:01

As of the end of the 41st Millennium, the Space Wolves Chapter Fleet is known to be composed of 8 Battle Barges, 30+ Strike Cruisers, 20+ Hunter-class Destroyer squadrons, 20+ Gladius and Nova-class Frigate squadrons and 2 Ramilies-class Starforts.

I am hoping for a Space Wolves paint job or favor.

Thedrik

Postby Thedrik » 28 April 2016, 05:54

Deuzerre wrote: (Blood angels. Yay. Let's have good guys that are still maniacs because it's grimdark)

There are no "good guys" in Warhammer 40k only bad and worse.

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf » 28 April 2016, 06:31

Gnofry wrote:As of the end of the 41st Millennium, the Space Wolves Chapter Fleet is known to be composed of 8 Battle Barges, 30+ Strike Cruisers, 20+ Hunter-class Destroyer squadrons, 20+ Gladius and Nova-class Frigate squadrons and 2 Ramilies-class Starforts.

+1!

Not to mention some battleships, battlecruisers and cruisers they captured through the milleniums and refused to transfer to the Imperial Navy. ;) The flagship of the Space Wolves chapter fleet is the Pride of Fenris, a Retribution-class battleship.

Also the flagship of Berek Thunderfists Great Company, the Fist of Russ, was named as a battleship or battlecruiser with a nova cannon. So either Mars or Apocalypse.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god is what started this mess in the first place..." Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Purging the bugs you'll never know!

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 28 April 2016, 07:17

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf wrote:
Gnofry wrote:As of the end of the 41st Millennium, the Space Wolves Chapter Fleet is known to be composed of 8 Battle Barges, 30+ Strike Cruisers, 20+ Hunter-class Destroyer squadrons, 20+ Gladius and Nova-class Frigate squadrons and 2 Ramilies-class Starforts.

+1!

Not to mention some battleships, battlecruisers and cruisers they captured through the milleniums and refused to transfer to the Imperial Navy. ;) The flagship of the Space Wolves chapter fleet is the Pride of Fenris, a Retribution-class battleship.

Also the flagship of Berek Thunderfists Great Company, the Fist of Russ, was named as a battleship or battlecruiser with a nova cannon. So either Mars or Apocalypse.

it's likely those ships are listed as being battle barges or strike cruisers in the codex... that or GW's retconning again

Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf » 28 April 2016, 07:31

BrianDavion wrote:
Hjalfnar_Feuerwolf wrote:

+1!

it's likely those ships are listed as being battle barges or strike cruisers in the codex... that or GW's retconning again
Hm, maybe. But that would go (again) against older fluff, according to which every Great Company as at least one Battle Barge or an equivalent.
"God-Emperor? Calling him a god is what started this mess in the first place..." Bjorn the Fell-Handed
Purging the bugs you'll never know!

Return to “Adeptus Astartes”