Struggling Against Eldar

Discuss the Space Marine fleet. There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector.
Ars Moriendi

Struggling Against Eldar

Postby Ars Moriendi » 29 July 2016, 03:52

Hey guys,

I'm having a terrible time playing against Eldar as Space Marines (and Chaos) and I was hoping to get some advice. I outline my issues in a thread I posted in the Chaos forums, since I play both factions pretty regularly. I'm hoping to get some advice from the Space Marine player-base in addition to the Chaos one, but to avoid posting duplicate threads I'll just link to the first, where I explain where I'm running into issues.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=21020

Any help would be much appreciated here, ladies and gents. Thanks!

Psymple

Re: Struggling Against Eldar

Postby Psymple » 29 July 2016, 19:38

You know... in order to not have multiple threads you could have posted in Eldar or General! :P
Plz dont go and post 2 more threads in Eldar and General!!! :o

Dunno how you struggle vs eldar as SM... Attack beacon, spam homing torpedoes, profit.

aprg

Postby aprg » 29 July 2016, 21:16

Psymple wrote:Dunno how you struggle vs eldar as SM... Attack beacon, spam homing torpedoes, profit.

Generally speaking I think the sort of players who really struggle against Eldar are the kind who've not yet learned how to use Beacons.

OP: you really shouldn't field less than two Beacons against Eldar so that even in the worst case scenario where you're blinded by Samm-Hainn sensor jamming, you can still drop a Beacon on the area and then drop a second on an Eldar ship.

Adrmial Seraph

Postby Adrmial Seraph » 22 August 2016, 19:17

aprg wrote:
Psymple wrote:Dunno how you struggle vs eldar as SM... Attack beacon, spam homing torpedoes, profit.

Generally speaking I think the sort of players who really struggle against Eldar are the kind who've not yet learned how to use Beacons.

OP: you really shouldn't field less than two Beacons against Eldar so that even in the worst case scenario where you're blinded by Samm-Hainn sensor jamming, you can still drop a Beacon on the area and then drop a second on an Eldar ship.

Agreed, beacons hard counter Eldar. Use them correctly and Eldar are in HUGE trouble, no amount of precog will save them in SM vs Eldar if you spam boarding torps after latching a beacon onto their hulls.

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 30 August 2016, 11:41

As an Eldar player i can say, the hardest for me is always, when enemys chase me with fast ships, no matter what. As long as they directly behind me, i can't turn to fire at them. So try this if you got problems while fighting against Eldar. And another point is, set your Bombs directly after the Eldarplayer has used his boost, it's their weakest moment. Hopefully this helps you a little bit. ;)
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

Maxajax

Postby Maxajax » 03 September 2016, 18:37

Harlequin wrote:As an Eldar player i can say, the hardest for me is always, when enemys chase me with fast ships, no matter what. As long as they directly behind me, i can't turn to fire at them. So try this if you got problems while fighting against Eldar. And another point is, set your Bombs directly after the Eldarplayer has used his boost, it's their weakest moment. Hopefully this helps you a little bit. ;)

Exactly that:
- Autocast radar beacons on us,
- Keep chasing us,
- Autocast boarding torpedoes and thunderhawks on us,
- Pray to the Emperor that your point defense turrets can handle the Bombers. After all, he is with you, is he not? *gniffle*

Return to “Adeptus Astartes”