Nurgle/carrier fleet. How do I beat this as SM????

Discuss the Space Marine fleet. There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector.
Freelancer1495

Nurgle/carrier fleet. How do I beat this as SM????

Postby Freelancer1495 » 25 June 2016, 05:23

So I was finally going to just go in and take the fight to the chaos when i noticed his fleet was nurgle/carrier fleet. I still tried going in and brawling but still lost due to nurgles effect and trying to board and my thunderhawks always getting shot down. So do I just warp out and concede or is there a strat out there to beat it?

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Re: Nurgle/carrier fleet. How do I beat this as SM????

Postby Imperator5 » 27 June 2016, 15:35

Your bombardment cannons got AP and can fire outside of Nurgle, I would try that and bring Fighter ability to counter their bombers.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Perturabo-Liberal
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Perturabo-Liberal » 27 June 2016, 18:53

Imperator5 wrote:Your bombardment cannons got AP and can fire outside of Nurgle, I would try that and bring Fighter ability to counter their bombers.

It's only 1 fighter squadron per ship though. I think with lances on styx, nurgle favor, low HP and DPS of SM they can still outright outdamage you.

Auzor

Postby Auzor » 27 June 2016, 19:11

Freelancer1495 wrote:So I was finally going to just go in and take the fight to the chaos when i noticed his fleet was nurgle/carrier fleet. I still tried going in and brawling but still lost due to nurgles effect and trying to board and my thunderhawks always getting shot down. So do I just warp out and concede or is there a strat out there to beat it?

Note: still figuring out SM myself.. carriers are *nasty* vs SM:
*no "fighter" launch bays
*ignore armor
*SM cruisers low health.
--> get rekt!
for similar reasons, torp spam can wreck sm, but at least you should be able to manoever around some.

That said: boarding too is less effective vs nurgle: nurgle gives +20 troop value.
So, definitely do not stay in nurgle range; swoop in with a ship, do boarding actions, swoop out.
Get + crit chance on bombardment cannon, and hope for crits; target weaponbays.
If your thunderhawks were *always* getting shot down: did you group them up vs a target; was he launching fighters all the time?
Because Carrier fleet constantly launching fighters within nurgle range.. I'd expect your cannons to have a word with him.

If closing is not a problem at all: point blank torps + brace for impact + ram & hope.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 27 June 2016, 19:22

What ships were you using? Your tactics will change depending on that. Still, regardless of which ships you used, that would probably be one of the hardest matchups for a space marine to handle.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Return to “Adeptus Astartes”