My inital impressions and opions of the SM faction

Discuss the Space Marine fleet. There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector.
aprg

Re: My inital impressions and opions of the SM faction

Postby aprg » 22 June 2016, 12:47

Imperator5 wrote:I just put no value on your opinion at all and just ignore it. The RNG is just too random for any meaningful analysis in my experience.

Imperator5 wrote:The RNG is just too random for any meaningful analysis in my experience.

Imperator5 wrote:... any meaningful analysis in my experience.

Imperator5 wrote:... in my experience.

Imperator5 wrote:... in my experience.

:lol:

I'm betting the irony of you saying that after vaunting yourself as a pillar objectivity is going to fly over that ignorant little head of yours, isn't it?

Welcome to my ignore list.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 22 June 2016, 13:03

Imperator5 wrote:I did not ignore it. I said it does not make up for the negative things. If boardings always did permanent criticals, I would say it would be worth it. They do not.

According to the devs, temp crits are more likely to cause fires and hull breeches than permanent crits, so the boarding actions, lightning strikes and homing torpedoes of the Space Marines will do more damage with temp crits than with permanent crits. It is not a negative here.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 22 June 2016, 13:08

Cryhavok wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:I did not ignore it. I said it does not make up for the negative things. If boardings always did permanent criticals, I would say it would be worth it. They do not.

According to the devs, temp crits are more likely to cause fires and hull breeches than permanent crits, so the boarding actions, lightning strikes and homing torpedoes of the Space Marines will do more damage with temp crits than with permanent crits. It is not a negative here.

I feel like this should be in the tooltip. Though I would say nothing helps like a permanent critical on a weapon.

Also I reached level 10 with all space marine ships. And I have to say if you can deploy two Bombardment cannon battlebarges with the Master of the Forge and Chapter Master favour, they can be a really mean thing to face.

Will be even meaner when the Bombardment cannon AP not applying bug is fixed.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Cryhavok

Postby Cryhavok » 22 June 2016, 13:19

Imperator5 wrote:
Cryhavok wrote:

I feel like this should be in the tooltip. Though I would say nothing helps like a permanent critical on a weapon.

Also I reached level 10 with all space marine ships. And I have to say if you can deploy two Bombardment cannon battlebarges with the Master of the Forge and Chapter Master favour, they can be a really mean thing to face.

Will be even meaner when the Bombardment cannon AP not applying bug is fixed.

I agree on the tooltip. This game needs serious QoL improvements like 100% accurate-without-leaving-things-out tooltips.
The relevant dev quote is here:
Sio'are wrote:
FIRE AND HULL BREACH CHANCES

2. When a critical damage occurs, what is the percent chance that it is degraded to a fire or a hull breach?

If a an assault action is capable of dealing a permanent critical damage, the odds of having a fire or an hull breach is 1/4. There is another 1/4 for the Subsystems Light Critical Damages, and ultimately 2/4 for a permanent critical damage.

If it is an assault action only capable of dealing temporary critical damages, the odds are 1/2 to have either an hull breach or a fire, and 1/2 to deal a subsystem temporary critical damage.

I am not sure how the SM crit chance mechanics change any of this, but "from my experience" I was getting a lot of fires and hull breeches. Enough to be destroying larger ships with nothing but homing boarding torpedoes. Even if they do change those numbers, not "focusing" on a system should put chances fairly high for fire/breech.
Do you hear the voices too?!?

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 22 June 2016, 13:22

i dont know why you are saying that vanguards are dead vs close range bashas

their only decent weapon is MK, and that slow firing weapon has to make it through both your voss shields and 75 armor, no zzzaps to slow your ships either
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Stanley Pain

Postby Stanley Pain » 22 June 2016, 13:56

Imperator5 wrote:I just put no value on your opinion at all and just ignore it. The RNG is just too random for any meaningful analysis in my experience.

For someone who claims to be ALL ABOUT DAT MATH, you sure do fail at it quite spectacularly.

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 22 June 2016, 14:05

Bludfist wrote:i dont know why you are saying that vanguards are dead vs close range bashas

their only decent weapon is MK, and that slow firing weapon has to make it through both your voss shields and 75 armor, no zzzaps to slow your ships either
They can get zzzap (tower) but no slowing like you said.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 22 June 2016, 14:12

Honetly the Zapp tower is a great upgrade for Bashas. Whenever to add front or broadside firepower, it is just damn useful especially if you want to get close and personal, since than you do not even necessarily need to put in the weirdboys.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 22 June 2016, 14:36

yes

a 3k range slow firing lance is amazing :roll:

i think that says more about how shit orks weapons are than anything else

At that point id rather have a goff rammin gob rather that waste anupgrade slot
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

CALiGeR190
Community Moderator

Postby CALiGeR190 » 22 June 2016, 14:44

Ok there are two big no-nos there.
1: that statement completely destroys your previous statements and frankly makes you look like an aragoant, hypocritical, bigot.

2: That was a valid argument being presented.
Just because your subjective opinion doesn't place value on it doesn't change its true validity.
If you're just going to ignore a solid argument then the ship will always look bad to you.

It's abundantly clear to me now that you simply don't like the ship, and are trying to sell the idea that it's a bad ship. The ship is not bad, it is balanced, and the fact that you personally dislike it does not change that.
Where's your Federation now?
-Imperial Navy

Alpha Tester - Getting the game on its feet
Technical Tester - We had to get the balance right somehow
Community Moderator - Purging spammers and maintaining the realm
BFG Wiki Founding Member

Return to “Adeptus Astartes”