When do we get the cool Space Marine Chapters?

Discuss the Space Marine fleet. There is only the Emperor, and he is our shield and protector.
EmpNortonII

When do we get the cool Space Marine Chapters?

Postby EmpNortonII » 18 June 2016, 03:14

I can't help but ask, since the three coolest Founding Chapters (Salamanders, Raven Guard, and White Scars) aren't included. Also of note is that, with there being 1000 Chapters, all of the ones included *are* Founding Chapters, despite the fact there are at least two (Carcharodon Astra and Minotaurs) that are infinitely more awesome than any of the Founding Chapters.

For the unfamiliar, the Minotaurs are the favored hitmen of the High Lords of Terra, whose Chapter Master is probably a robot. The Carcharodons once blew up a planet for farts and giggles while loyalist Space Marines were fighting renegades. Afterward, they had the entire male population of a planet fight to the death in gladiator-style combat so they could pick a few hundred to become new Carcharodons.

Actually, could we just get the Badab War as a new campaign?

Kadaeux

Re: When do we get the cool Space Marine Chapters?

Postby Kadaeux » 18 June 2016, 10:47

I see this is the butthurt folks thread.

Anybody who for even a second entertained that we'd get a lineup any different to the one we did are literally delusional.

Scorch715

Postby Scorch715 » 18 June 2016, 11:58

Kadaeux wrote:I see this is the butthurt folks thread.

Anybody who for even a second entertained that we'd get a lineup any different to the one we did are literally delusional.

Sadly people are going to moan anyway because its cool to hate on the main chapters for not being edgy enough. Personally, I just wanted the Imperial Fists or one of their successors to be included, so I'm happy

Kadaeux

Postby Kadaeux » 18 June 2016, 12:32

Scorch715 wrote:

Sadly people are going to moan anyway because its cool to hate on the main chapters for not being edgy enough. Personally, I just wanted the Imperial Fists or one of their successors to be included, so I'm happy

Back in the beta my money was on the Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Black Templars. But since the main game had Imperial Fists I knew it'd be IF instead of BT.

(The first list made purely off of the "Chapters with dedicated REAL codexes.")

Aquila

Postby Aquila » 19 June 2016, 18:51

THE MOST AWESOME CHAPTER OF ALL, THE IMPERIAL FISTS, ARE ALREADY IN THE GAME.

AND THEY ARE THE MOST AWESOME CHAPTER OF ALL FOR THEY ARE YELLOW, no further reasoning required.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 19 June 2016, 20:41

Kadaeux wrote:
Scorch715 wrote:

Back in the beta my money was on the Ultramarines, Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves and Black Templars. But since the main game had Imperial Fists I knew it'd be IF instead of BT.

(The first list made purely off of the "Chapters with dedicated REAL codexes.")

yup, I more or less agreed with your reasoning. the game included the Imperial fists, the chapter that appers in game and the 4 chapters refered to, even by GW as "the big 4" the ones with the most info related to them, and thus the biggest fan bases.

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 20 June 2016, 04:54

We all know we need Blood Ravens!

But that aside, at least Imperial Fisters can be doubled as Angry marines.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 20 June 2016, 15:04

i wonder, nobody wants the Legion of the Damned :mrgreen:

They propably used imperial fists, because many fans of Mankind and Space Marines in geneall, have some kind of deeper love for the Imperial Fists (like one of my best friends and hardest enemys in tabletop^^).
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

Azrael

Postby Azrael » 20 June 2016, 20:16

EmpNortonII wrote:I can't help but ask, since the three coolest Founding Chapters (Salamanders, Raven Guard, and White Scars) aren't included. Also of note is that, with there being 1000 Chapters, all of the ones included *are* Founding Chapters, despite the fact there are at least two (Carcharodon Astra and Minotaurs) that are infinitely more awesome than any of the Founding Chapters.

The three Founding Chapters that you mentioned all adhere to the Codex Astartes. There are already two chapters being included that follow the Codex; one of them follows it very strictly. What makes Salamanders unique is their prevalence for heat based weaponry and hammers. What makes the Raven Guard unique is that prefer a hit and run style of combat as opposed to a straight up engagement. What makes the White Scars unique is that they are adept at mounted warfare. The other two that you mentioned, despite having cool backgrounds or styles of fighting, are simply codex chapters. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Dark Angels loosely follow the Codex Astartes, but diverge greatly due to their First and Second companies.
The Blood Angels adhere to the Codex Astartes, but diverge when it comes to the inclusion of Honour Guard, Sanguinary Guard, and the Death Company.
Space Wolves... well... they don't follow the Codex Astartes.

Formosa

Postby Formosa » 21 June 2016, 00:24

Azrael wrote:
EmpNortonII wrote:I can't help but ask, since the three coolest Founding Chapters (Salamanders, Raven Guard, and White Scars) aren't included. Also of note is that, with there being 1000 Chapters, all of the ones included *are* Founding Chapters, despite the fact there are at least two (Carcharodon Astra and Minotaurs) that are infinitely more awesome than any of the Founding Chapters.

The three Founding Chapters that you mentioned all adhere to the Codex Astartes. There are already two chapters being included that follow the Codex; one of them follows it very strictly. What makes Salamanders unique is their prevalence for heat based weaponry and hammers. What makes the Raven Guard unique is that prefer a hit and run style of combat as opposed to a straight up engagement. What makes the White Scars unique is that they are adept at mounted warfare. The other two that you mentioned, despite having cool backgrounds or styles of fighting, are simply codex chapters. Nothing more, nothing less.

The Dark Angels loosely follow the Codex Astartes, but diverge greatly due to their First and Second companies.
The Blood Angels adhere to the Codex Astartes, but diverge when it comes to the inclusion of Honour Guard, Sanguinary Guard, and the Death Company.
Space Wolves... well... they don't follow the Codex Astartes.

Scars: Very Fast ships, cruisers are more heavily armed than the battleships and the battleships are just there to soak damage, a custom system like the orks would fit the scars quite well.

Raven guard: Stealth ships, very very good stealth ships, id even go as far as to say similar abilities to the eldar, so auto emission drives, they can all ahead without reveal, and id give them a similar burst all ahead too.

Dark angels : have a lot of Imperial Navy and HH ships still in service, most notably in the newest dark angels book, they have a retribution and Emperor class ship, belonging to the angels of abosolution (so dark angels), this could make for a good mixed fleet, they also have access to weapons that the imperium at large simply do not have anymore, like meson beams, particle accelerators etc. it would likely just be a different looking beam on the dark angel ships, but otherwise the same as macros (that are missile, lasers etc.)

Blood angels: pretty much as you say, I haven't read anything that shows they divert from the standard astartes fleet make up.

Wolves: Wow, these guys have all sorts, several Xenos ships, lots of Imperial Vessels, chaos vessels and of course, astartes vessels, they basically loot any ship they manage to capture, the space wolf captains are noted as not working well together, they tend to storm off alone and pick an enemy ships and "hound" it, deploy the wolves and then batter the ship into submission... that's another ship added to the fleet.

Return to “Adeptus Astartes”