09.06.15 (June 9th) Patch and what it mean for the Eldar Corsairs

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
Halstead

Re: 09.06.15 (June 9th) Patch and what it mean for the Eldar Corsairs

Postby Halstead » 11 June 2016, 14:19

Beernchips wrote:Eclipse Vaul pattern is really good. Costs less than the standard one and torpedoes are far more effective than 1 bay. The bay one is still good if you think you will face carriers
For starcannons upgrades, I am really mixed because you need 1 upgrade + starcannon range ugrade + 1 special order + evantually the increase special order duration upgrade to be truly effective.
Reload order can be a good choice with Eclipse/VS because it synergize with pulsars/bays/skills but too often you need silent running or brace for impact for surviving your attack run

First Part: option to get a skill to produce fighters so you don't need a bay in the first place.
Second Part: I would combine it with the harden front armor skill if I'm using the star cannon fire rate upgrade in addition to range upgrade and special order duration which make 3 upgrades off the bat.

Orkan

Postby Orkan » 12 June 2016, 01:28

Yeah berniechips pointed out the main issue with eldar playstyle and special orders. Pre patch I was mostly using Silent running to position and then Brace for impact to survive attack runs agaist competent defenders.

Lock on was irrelevant unless for mopping up from a superior position with star cannons against other eldar and reload was mainly to keep up the speed in certain scenarios.

We shall see how these changes affect new gameplay.

aprg

Postby aprg » 12 June 2016, 16:37

Orkan wrote:We shall see how these changes affect new gameplay.

As far as I can tell, it's mostly shifted the Eldar play style so that the most effective way to win is to use Augur Disruptors and the Saim-Hann Craftworld Favour, in combination with Silent Running, in order to avoid your opponent shooting back at you. Holofields alone are just too flimsy, and I don't really rate the Wraithbone Prow or Starcannons enough to risk my ships at < 6K ranges.

I'm not really sure what else is competitive, when going up against against Imperials, you'll regularly face 4 Nova Cannons at 600 or 700 points, which seems to be more common right now than Ork or other Eldar. Biel Tan's lightning strikes just don't feel like they can go up against Dominators even at your max engagement range; an Alaitoc kiting fleet is a joke since your own ordnance will give you away; an Ulthwé fleet could potentally do well if it uses lots of Disruption Bombs, but then I suspect you'll be weak against Chaos.

I still feel like there's effectively one good general strategy for Eldar, and everything else is just too situational to be worth fielding.

LupusXIII

Postby LupusXIII » 14 June 2016, 16:29

To be honest i think most of this patch went into an entierly wrong direction the problem with Pulsars isnt fixed by tweaking the dmg values or CDs, sure it solved this crazy insta gib situation.
But i still think there is something inherently wrong with the way they work and i strongly favor them to be redesigned as normal burstfire lances.
Starcannons werent in a good position to begin with, so a slight nudging by giving them some time limitet buffs wont get them even close to a sweet spot, they need some direct stat buffs even a solaris (rull book wise) brings about 2 times the firepower of a dauntless broadsite to bear while having no launch bays.
Lastly i realy appricate the new ships.
What i dont understand why they had to make up a new eclipse loadout if they still havent added the only loadout actually in the TT, were the eclipse had only 2 Lances but considerably stronger launchbays and no starcannons its basicly meant as a main carrier with a nasty sting to boot not as a killerbee with minor air support.

Mav

Postby Mav » 14 June 2016, 22:04

LupusXIII wrote:To be honest i think most of this patch went into an entierly wrong direction the problem with Pulsars isnt fixed by tweaking the dmg values or CDs, sure it solved this crazy insta gib situation.
But i still think there is something inherently wrong with the way they work and i strongly favor them to be redesigned as normal burstfire lances.
Starcannons werent in a good position to begin with, so a slight nudging by giving them some time limitet buffs wont get them even close to a sweet spot, they need some direct stat buffs even a solaris (rull book wise) brings about 2 times the firepower of a dauntless broadsite to bear while having no launch bays.
Lastly i realy appricate the new ships.
What i dont understand why they had to make up a new eclipse loadout if they still havent added the only loadout actually in the TT, were the eclipse had only 2 Lances but considerably stronger launchbays and no starcannons its basicly meant as a main carrier with a nasty sting to boot not as a killerbee with minor air support.

Starcannons are still shit
As for the other points. This isn't the tabletop, it's a game and for gameplay and balancing reasons the devs make such and such decisions.
I find it hilarous when I read "but in TT that" or in "that doesn't work that way in TT" well suprise, suprise, this isn't TT

LupusXIII

Postby LupusXIII » 14 June 2016, 23:46

Im well aware that this is not the TT and i absolutly endorse stat line changes for balance purpose, but the devs statet as wanting to stay as true to the existing format as possible.
So it dosnt make sense to use made up loadouts of ships if there are already valid loadouts that havnt been used yet, especially if this new loadouts push the ship into an entierly diffenrent role.
I would love to see more loadouts that arnt comming from the rulebooks im just asking that we may have the already existing ones aswell, and that is perfectly in line with what the devs statet on wanting to deliver

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”