09.06.15 (June 9th) Patch and what it mean for the Eldar Corsairs

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
aprg

Re: 09.06.15 (June 9th) Patch and what it mean for the Eldar Corsairs

Postby aprg » 10 June 2016, 02:29

Mav wrote:I actually find new pulsars better than the old ones. I didn't do any math on them, nor I cared about it, but I guess the dps is the same just you need to shoot more often?

They've effectively decreased 25%, I believe. You shoot then 50% more often (3/2) for half the damage (1/2), thus 3/2 * 1/2 = 3/4. 75% effectiveness.

I've noticed a big difference. Voidstalkers used to make a much bigger dent in ships; now, not so much.

Anuri
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Anuri » 10 June 2016, 08:54

Just had 2 games with Eldar. Feel they are more balanced. Like the new pulsars. Like the way the game went. Very good job.

oldman

Postby oldman » 10 June 2016, 09:40

aprg wrote:
Mav wrote:I actually find new pulsars better than the old ones. I didn't do any math on them, nor I cared about it, but I guess the dps is the same just you need to shoot more often?

They've effectively decreased 25%, I believe. You shoot then 50% more often (3/2) for half the damage (1/2), thus 3/2 * 1/2 = 3/4. 75% effectiveness.

I've noticed a big difference. Voidstalkers used to make a much bigger dent in ships; now, not so much.

The effective difference is that if you hit a ship with full shields and upgraded shields you will do just a bit or armor damage. Previously you got 1/3 of the hull of any ship of the same class. That leaves up a chance for that ship to regroup .. hide behidn friends. etc while the shields reload.

Eldars are almsot same against idiots, but they are weaker against people that think more than just fast click

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 10 June 2016, 13:25

Imperator5 wrote:
Halstead wrote:
Imperator5 wrote:The two starcannon upgrades seem counter.

One gives 270 degree arc for Lock on - Seems like something good for long range carrier bombardment, as it basically gives you broadside starcannons.
Other gives growing rate of fire with Reload up to 50% faster firing. Seems like something that would be handy if you got other forward weapons, like pulsars and/or torpedoes.
Counter how?
The 2nd upgrade give an increase rate of fire...As long as you are focused on one target to get up to -50% to reload time on the cannons.

Because one needs Lock on Special order, the other Reload special order. You can't have both orders running at the same time.
Oh! I was confused by your choice of word. Usually you use the phrase "mutually exclusive".

Mav

Postby Mav » 10 June 2016, 13:36

Soooo does anyone bother using starcannons or they are still shit?
Coz I looked at the changes and in order to use them correctly you need 2 diffrent orders which is pretty dumb in my opinion
Now what isn't listed in the OP is favour changes. Which is but I'm blind
While the tornado one change is a nerf Saim Hamm got a huge buff. We got a 20 sec 3k aoe blind that has no dimnishing, has no drawback and has no counterplay. Run that on all of your ships and just enjoy the free win. I think this should be reverted to the old saim or at least nerfed in some way
Last edited by Mav on 10 June 2016, 15:30, edited 1 time in total.

Halstead

Postby Halstead » 10 June 2016, 14:46

Mav wrote:Soooo does anyone bother using starcannons or they are still shit?
Coz I looked at the changes and in order to use them correctly you need 2 diffrent orders which is pretty dumb in my opinion
Now what isn't listed in the OP is favour changes.
While the tornado one change is a nerf Saim Hamm got a huge buff. We got a 20 sec 3k aoe blind that has no dimnishing, has no drawback and has no counterplay. Run that on all of your ships and just enjoy the free win. I think this should be reverted to the old saim or at least nerfed in some way
You mean this?
"[*]The Eldar “Phantom Disruption” favour skill has been modified, it now affects an area of effect of 3.000 units around the given location instead of a lone ship."

Mav

Postby Mav » 10 June 2016, 15:28

Halstead wrote:
You mean this?
"[*]The Eldar “Phantom Disruption” favour skill has been modified, it now affects an area of effect of 3.000 units around the given location instead of a lone ship."

Oh shit there it is. Sorry mate I must have missed it. Ye that. That thing is srsly broken, especially against fleets that stack

WIGHT

Postby WIGHT » 10 June 2016, 21:28

Mav wrote:
Halstead wrote:
You mean this?

Oh shit there it is. Sorry mate I must have missed it. Ye that. That thing is srsly broken, especially against fleets that stack

And whole saim hann favor can be countered by simple probe skills. It is good only vs bad players.

BanjoJohn

Postby BanjoJohn » 11 June 2016, 00:12

WIGHT wrote:
Mav wrote:
Halstead wrote:You mean this?

And whole saim hann favor can be countered by simple probe skills. It is good only vs bad players.

Yup, and running silent

Beernchips

Postby Beernchips » 11 June 2016, 07:18

After some games, a quick feedback :
New Ulthwe maelstrom is OP. 10 true damage/seconds is godlike vs other eldars but also vs Orks/IN because they are too slow to leave the AOE quick
Eclipse Vaul pattern is really good. Costs less than the standard one and torpedoes are far more effective than 1 bay. The bay one is still good if you think you will face carriers
For starcannons upgrades, I am really mixed because you need 1 upgrade + starcannon range ugrade + 1 special order + evantually the increase special order duration upgrade to be truly effective.
Reload order can be a good choice with Eclipse/VS because it synergize with pulsars/bays/skills but too often you need silent running or brace for impact for surviving your attack run
Repent, for tomorrow you die

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”