Boycotting eldar matches

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
Fredlaren

Boycotting eldar matches

Postby Fredlaren » 09 May 2016, 00:05

I encourage all to boycot eldar games until they get fixed. It is unfun to play against this op faction...

Harlequin

Re: Boycotting eldar matches

Postby Harlequin » 09 May 2016, 00:15

Fredlaren wrote:I encourage all to boycot eldar games until they get fixed. It is unfun to play against this op faction...

This is kinda stupid. :roll:

I encourage all Eldar Players to remove their pulsarrange ability at last on the Void Stalker, and stay with the 9kmax. 8-)
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

Ivanna

Postby Ivanna » 09 May 2016, 01:01

It's interesting that I can play as Eldar and, even if the game is incredibly intense and close, get accused of playing an un-fun/OP race and that I'm ruining the game or generally receive some kind of abuse, yet:

- I can play as Chaos, peck away at my enemies with lances and bombers and kite them to death in an extended game in which they have no chance of winning
- I can play as IN, sit in a gas cloud and spam Nova cannons and force my opponent to approach
- I can play a trakktor, taunt, mwj spamming Ork and slaughter them with rams, gunz and boarding

and people will say "gg wp"

Every race has playstyles that aren't straightforward to counter, but people seem to be more comfortable accepting defeat to the above strategies than they are an Eldar for any reason whatsoever. The anti-Eldar narrative that exists has been blown way out of proportion, honestly. Eldar can be beaten very easily if you apply some logic to your ship choices and appropriate tactics in battle. And you can even have fun doing it.

I'm not saying the game is perfectly balanced as it is, and Pulsars have already been confirmed to have the range upgrade removed, but far too many people who lose to Eldar seem to want to blame the loss on the perceived imbalance rather than any error on their part.

I personally love fighting against Eldar, no matter what race I'm playing. It's a really unconventional matchup, and reliant much more on knowledge, prediction and timing than with the other races.

XViper

Postby XViper » 09 May 2016, 02:03

There is no doubt the current 'competitive meta' for Eldar gameplay is incredibly un-fun to play against (even for other Eldar).
In fact, I'd go as far to say it's even un-fun to play WITH. I've done it a couple of times, and obtained very easy wins as a result.
However I have far more fun playing with my minimal Pulsar composition without the running silent, sensor denial, favor combo everyone is using. I certainly lose more games, but they are much more enjoyable. However I do almost always lose against the a-fore mentioned Eldar meta and certainly don't enjoy playing against it.

However the mentality of 'lets never play against any Eldar ever again' is a little unfair to those players who don't abuse the current 'un-fun' meta gameplay.

What I do recommend is you continue to play against Eldar players, and start to form a 'friend list' of those Eldar players (and any others) you think you can have enjoyable games against.

If you want to watch a poor guy try to helplessly micro a bunch of ineffective Starcannon ships in a futile attempt to damage your fleet while also not being constantly hidden, feel free to add me on STEAM. :P

Nuadhu

Postby Nuadhu » 09 May 2016, 04:03

I am still low level and find Eldar really hard to fight against; but you know what, most of the time, they're just looking for a fun game. I am not going to boycott them. My IN get trashed just as much by orks (actually more so) than Eldar.

Boycotting isn't the answer, there is always something to learn in my opinion. Always fun to be had.
War is my master, death my mistress.

Solitaire_7

Postby Solitaire_7 » 09 May 2016, 08:03

Ivanna wrote:It's interesting that I can play as Eldar and, even if the game is incredibly intense and close, get accused of playing an un-fun/OP race and that I'm ruining the game or generally receive some kind of abuse, yet:

- I can play as Chaos, peck away at my enemies with lances and bombers and kite them to death in an extended game in which they have no chance of winning
- I can play as IN, sit in a gas cloud and spam Nova cannons and force my opponent to approach
- I can play a trakktor, taunt, mwj spamming Ork and slaughter them with rams, gunz and boarding

Every race has playstyles that aren't straightforward to counter, but people seem to be more comfortable accepting defeat to the above strategies than they are an Eldar for any reason whatsoever. The anti-Eldar narrative that exists has been blown way out of proportion, honestly. Eldar can be beaten very easily if you apply some logic to your ship choices and appropriate tactics in battle. And you can even have fun doing it.

I'm not saying the game is perfectly balanced as it is, and Pulsars have already been confirmed to have the range upgrade removed, but far too many people who lose to Eldar seem to want to blame the loss on the perceived imbalance rather than any error on their part.

I personally love fighting against Eldar, no matter what race I'm playing. It's a really unconventional matchup, and reliant much more on knowledge, prediction and timing than with the other races.

+1 !
"Let your enemies fear, for a Harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."

Black Library Approved : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Crown Prince Solitaire
Beta tester crash dummy

Spector

Postby Spector » 09 May 2016, 11:05

I played vs them at first, and there where two outcomes:
1) Eldar player had no idea how to use them and lost all his ships at cost of top 1 ship for me after 4 minutes.
2) Eldar player knew exactly how to use 12k VS and 9k pulsars on other ships and even with beacons, taunt, super shields, augur disruptor and Chaos ships speed I had no chance but to watch my ships blow up one after the other.

So, now I simply refuse to play vs Eldar. I don't need easy wins or frustrating defeats.

And BTW Ork and Imp players are annoyed by kitting Chaos almost as much and just warp out when they don't want a chase.
My YouTube channel with BFG:A videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 09 May 2016, 11:17

A little bit of my personal experiences:

Playing Eldar:
-F*** you
-Yeah pulsar spam
-Alt + F4

Playing Chaos:
-You play Chaos as Eldar
-Alt + F4

Playing Orks:
-Orks are still OP
-Orks are cancer
-No Alt + F4 so far though!!!

Playing IN:
-Nova spam is still lame (I wonder how that stacks with all the buff the nova threads)
-All in all less QQ though, cause most of QQers seem to play IN

Bad players be bad.

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 09 May 2016, 12:14

Only been outright slaughtered by Eldar once.

And the Admiral told me in advance that would happen and it did....apparently at that point he had won 34 games in a row........I didn;t ask him if he was having fun...........

Usually get a good game out of it..............and do much much worse against Orks - usually slaughtered by them
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Imaginary friend

Postby Imaginary friend » 10 May 2016, 19:12

Ivanna wrote:It's interesting that I can play as Eldar and, even if the game is incredibly intense and close, get accused of playing an un-fun/OP race and that I'm ruining the game or generally receive some kind of abuse, yet:

To me the problem with eldar is that their strengths are not tempered by weaknesses like other factions. Sure they are fragile at close range but also they have absolutely no need to be at close range and enough speed to make sure they can not be really forced to close range battles.

-Chaos, fast and posses good ranged strength, is not fast enough to avoid imp/ork weapons or skills and they take good damage from all angles.

-Orks are strong up close but also slow enough to be kept at range for long range weapons with aid from stasis bombs and movement upgrades. Imps can even brawl them if you use massed torps to soften them first. they are really easy to hit with torps.

-Imps are always just one mistake away from being hit really hard by either chaos or orks. strong in formations but easy if you can separate their ships.

-Eldar voidstalker with one upgrade can kill any ship with near impunity at 12k range. They are too fast to be hit with ordanances and lances do next to no damage. Macros work but at 12k range they dont hit much. BTW eldar torps and bomnbers are also very strong. Pulsars are faster but eldar can kill enemy fleet with torps with out ever coming in to weapon range. their torps are stonger and have better spread than anyone else. And boardings can be rendered inefective with favours.

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”