Boycotting eldar matches

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
W1nD

Re: Boycotting eldar matches

Postby W1nD » 11 May 2016, 00:16

Sounds like some players need to adjust their play style - life is not balanced and in the real 40K Universe there is no true balance some things are just stronger than others and some things are weaker.

I do believe something needs to be done with regards to pulsars but really that is all the eldar have that strikes any fear into the hearts of the other races.

Other admirals have already posted above how you should play these matches.

There is nothing worse than people just quitting a perfectly fine and working match.
Cleanse them with flame!

Papa Bear

Postby Papa Bear » 13 May 2016, 06:37

I think the real problem with Eldars is not that they are UP or OP. It's that the current faction design forces a very specific fleet build on both the Eldar player and the opponent. It's too discreet.
Voidstalker, +100% running silent, pulsar range, +30 TV Vs lightning strikes. You take that for a win or take anything else for a very rough time. So, its the "Cake or Death" choice. Personally I'm the kind of person to alway choose "Death" and not run the conventional way just for the hell of it. With the Eldar currently the game punishes you brutally for not taking the optimal way and trying to deviate.
Same goes for playing against Eldar: as many people say all over the forums - traktors, taunt, mass lightning strikes, recon beakons and slaanesh favor all give you fair and rather balanced (if still chancy and often frustrating) fighting chance. And the game brutally punishes you for not building your fleet that certain way.
IMO that's noot good and needs to be corrected.
__
For the Greater Good
Gue'vesa'vre McBriggs

Demoulius

Postby Demoulius » 15 May 2016, 22:14

Honestly im in the same boat now. Ive tried to counter them.,... And while you can, quite easily at times; its just not fun. At all.

I also think everyone who says he thinks Pulars are ok, are either on some grade A drugs or are the people using them and dont want them nerfed.

Their damage way surpasses other skill shots like torpedoes (that eldar also have btw) by a pretty big margin, and guess what. If the Eldar player can aim the Pulsar they cant be dodged with movement either.

Ive lost entire games in 2 vs 2 before the counter to portal out was even done. You quite literally dont even get a chance to keep your ships intact and theres not a blood thing you can do to stop them from wrecking your fleet. A single Voidstalker can 2 shot a light cruiser in a minute. Infact, ive had games where a single voidstalker killed my fleet as well that of my teammate on its own, without us even seeing it.

So no, people dont need to learn to adapt. Eldar are goddamn broken and its not fun playing them with any fleet. Just like how Orks were hidiously broken in the Beta before it got patched. I play games for fun and if something is this goddamn unfun to play, I wont.

Facejack

Postby Facejack » 15 May 2016, 22:36

Papa Bear wrote:I think the real problem with Eldars is not that they are UP or OP. It's that the current faction design forces a very specific fleet build on both the Eldar player and the opponent. It's too discreet.
Voidstalker, +100% running silent, pulsar range, +30 TV Vs lightning strikes. You take that for a win or take anything else for a very rough time. So, its the "Cake or Death" choice. Personally I'm the kind of person to alway choose "Death" and not run the conventional way just for the hell of it. With the Eldar currently the game punishes you brutally for not taking the optimal way and trying to deviate.
Same goes for playing against Eldar: as many people say all over the forums - traktors, taunt, mass lightning strikes, recon beakons and slaanesh favor all give you fair and rather balanced (if still chancy and often frustrating) fighting chance. And the game brutally punishes you for not building your fleet that certain way.
IMO that's noot good and needs to be corrected.

This^^

And the short term fix (and it should have been done quickly) is to change the numbers a little bit: small reduction to pulsar damage, small increase to holofields vs macros and decrease vs Lance's etc.

Changes requiring mechanical overhaul are needed, but for these we can be patient.

Pietrak

Postby Pietrak » 17 May 2016, 16:23

Boycotting matches is retarded.

I just had a 2v2, where my ally wrote /all at start: sorry my ally took a Voidstalker.
He just hid in a gas cloud, while I was trying to escape that place with my VS intact.

Really, why be such a ****?
In a world without gold we might have been heroes! - Edward Thatch

Fr33Th1nk3r

Postby Fr33Th1nk3r » 18 May 2016, 18:59

Ivanna wrote:
- I can play as Chaos, peck away at my enemies with lances and bombers and kite them to death in an extended game in which they have no chance of winning
- I can play as IN, sit in a gas cloud and spam Nova cannons and force my opponent to approach
- I can play a trakktor, taunt, mwj spamming Ork and slaughter them with rams, gunz and boarding

and people will say "gg wp"

They say GG WP because they aren't fighting an invisible pulsar volley from 14 frigates and a voidstalker at 12k range. You have no idea how frustrating it is playing against that. The bonus damage to invisibility and the pulsar range is just insanely stupid. Sure Eldar are squishy, but my god.

When they do that and I'm in a 112/150 speed ork fleet with 6k range MAX and 5k detection range, It's not even remotely fair.
"Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot."
- Carl Sagan

Franchize

Postby Franchize » 18 May 2016, 19:03

Fr33Th1nk3r wrote:
Ivanna wrote:
- I can play as Chaos, peck away at my enemies with lances and bombers and kite them to death in an extended game in which they have no chance of winning
- I can play as IN, sit in a gas cloud and spam Nova cannons and force my opponent to approach
- I can play a trakktor, taunt, mwj spamming Ork and slaughter them with rams, gunz and boarding

and people will say "gg wp"

They say GG WP because they aren't fighting an invisible pulsar volley from 14 frigates and a voidstalker at 12k range. You have no idea how frustrating it is playing against that. The bonus damage to invisibility and the pulsar range is just insanely stupid. Sure Eldar are squishy, but my god.

When they do that and I'm in a 112/150 speed ork fleet with 6k range MAX and 5k detection range, It's not even remotely fair.

It's not fair they need to remove the bonus damage when hidden and change the fragile ability to be something like x% increased cooldown on running silently and x% decreased duration of running silently. This will also make their favor of hidden ships while not moving more valuable. The problem your having isn't the range itself it's the fact that they fall off the map after they shoot and only reappear to shoot again. I'm sure if you had a dot on the screen for a longer period of time you could react appropriately.

Fr33Th1nk3r

Postby Fr33Th1nk3r » 19 May 2016, 01:45

Franchize wrote: I'm sure if you had a dot on the screen for a longer period of time you could react appropriately.

With any race but Ork? sure.

Im not bringing 15 frigates to every match whats the point of leveling cruisers then?
"Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot."
- Carl Sagan

jamodonnell

Postby jamodonnell » 19 May 2016, 04:20

Pietrak wrote:Boycotting matches is retarded.

I just had a 2v2, where my ally wrote /all at start: sorry my ally took a Voidstalker.
He just hid in a gas cloud, while I was trying to escape that place with my VS intact.

Really, why be such a ****?

That's still an easy win for you if you have a few upgrades on the VS.

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”