CWE - Think we will see them in our roster?

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
GONDOR

CWE - Think we will see them in our roster?

Postby GONDOR » 29 April 2016, 13:58

Craftworld Eldar (CWE) offer alternatives to our current ships. giving our roster some options between fast hit and run, or slightly tankier ships.

The question on whether they will end up in our roster, due to CWE favors on the current Corsair Eldar ships.

What do you think - is it worth putting CWE in to BFG:A

Deidryt

Re: CWE - Think we will see them in our roster?

Postby Deidryt » 29 April 2016, 14:10

It'll need to be after Eldar Corsairs are in a good place before they can even be considered.

Also, I need to get this check -- I remember that Craftworld Eldar had "guided" torpedoes -- where each turn you could have them change directions. Did Eldar Corsairs have this, as well?

MadDemiurg

Postby MadDemiurg » 29 April 2016, 14:18

I think Eldar fleet needs more ship options or customisation. Adding CW Eldar as a separate fleet is questionable since they have only a few ships of their own. Adding them to the corsair rooster would be a good option to increase the diversity.

Keioel

Postby Keioel » 29 April 2016, 20:37

I hope so, I'm only playing the Corsair Eldar until the CWE show up. I think it'll be interesting to see what kind of corsiar favors they get though lol

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 30 April 2016, 12:12

MadDemiurg wrote:I think Eldar fleet needs more ship options or customisation. Adding CW Eldar as a separate fleet is questionable since they have only a few ships of their own. Adding them to the corsair rooster would be a good option to increase the diversity.

They can increase the ships as they have done to either make a full fleet - eg the Chaos light Cruiser, or add new options to the Eldar.

Maybe we will (all) also get special characters
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Thedrik

Postby Thedrik » 30 April 2016, 20:58

MadDemiurg wrote:I think Eldar fleet needs more ship options or customisation. Adding CW Eldar as a separate fleet is questionable since they have only a few ships of their own. Adding them to the corsair rooster would be a good option to increase the diversity.

While I agree that diversity is nice my personal taste would be to keep the Craftworlders to themselves and keep the Corsairs their own faction.

Edit: I wonder if my annoyance with Dark Eldar in Warhammer 40k being relegated (to be competitive) to a taxi service do to their terrible codex in 7th edition is influencing me on this to much...

XViper

Postby XViper » 01 May 2016, 04:24

I don't see why the Craftworld ships weren't just added to the Eldar roster to begin with.

Just call it "Eldar"

Don't differentiate between Eldar Corsairs and Craftworld Eldar.
There simply isn't the ship numbers to cater for them being separate. Eldars lack of ship variety is enough of an issue already.
Combine the two ASAP and solve the problem.

Noone cares that it might be a 'little' wrong lorewise. Eldar are Eldar.

Thedrik

Postby Thedrik » 01 May 2016, 04:44

XViper wrote:Noone cares that it might be a 'little' wrong lorewise. Eldar are Eldar.

So we should throw the Dark Eldar into their roster as well?

XViper

Postby XViper » 01 May 2016, 04:52

From what I can find I doubt Dark Eldar have the ship numbers to even be a proper faction in the game.
(Then again, I also have no problem in new ships being created separate from canon lore to actually accomplish decent gameplay).

But no, not Dark Eldar.

Eldar Corsairs and Craftworld Eldar are very similar in design and style, and for the purposes of gameplay could be easily combined.
Dark Eldar are clearly different and unique in their own way, and their ships look completely different.

Thedrik

Postby Thedrik » 01 May 2016, 05:03

Best case scenario for me would be for the creation of new ships to expand the rosters of CWE and Dark Eldar. Like you said they are lacking and it would be really cool if Dark Eldar got some new ships inspired by the 5th edition aesthetic instead of the just the old 3rd edition.

I do realize I'm being a bit greedy with this as well.

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”