Eldar builds

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
RedDevilCG

Re: Eldar builds

Postby RedDevilCG » 18 May 2016, 00:58

menaximus wrote:Saim-hann
RedDevilCG wrote:not only do you get an additional disruptor effect (can only be applied to a single target) you also get the +50% sneak attack damage which comes in handy when void blending.

I'm pretty sure it was Solitaire_7 who said that, and not me! :)

Solitaire_7

Postby Solitaire_7 » 18 May 2016, 18:11

RedDevilCG wrote:
menaximus wrote:Saim-hann
RedDevilCG wrote:not only do you get an additional disruptor effect (can only be applied to a single target) you also get the +50% sneak attack damage which comes in handy when void blending.

I'm pretty sure it was Solitaire_7 who said that, and not me! :)

Yeh that was me :roll: . Looks at the ceiling ;) .

Like what menaximus has done with his upgrades ! Deflecting holofield is probably going to be very relevant after the imminent patch for those of us risking close runs with the nerfed pulsars.
"Let your enemies fear, for a Harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."

Black Library Approved : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Crown Prince Solitaire
Beta tester crash dummy

menaximus

Postby menaximus » 18 May 2016, 23:59

RedDevilCG wrote:Deflecting holofield is probably going to be very relevant after the imminent patch

I've just tried Jousting on enemy fleet with eldar (in skirmish), so i could kept the holofields full on. Mostly it didnt played very well
(it was my first intended atempt, to make such a manoeuvre), but it was pretty spectacular at moments, especially when it worked that few times.
I've made some damage on front with pulsars, bypassed, turend 180 degree, and attacked again.

RedDevilCG

Postby RedDevilCG » 19 May 2016, 04:58

Okay, now he's doing it on purpose :lol:

Solitaire_7

Postby Solitaire_7 » 19 May 2016, 08:08

menaximus wrote:Okay, now he's doing it on purpose :lol:

Hehe whoops :roll: :lol:
"Let your enemies fear, for a Harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."

Crown Prince Solitaire
Beta tester crash dummy

menaximus

Postby menaximus » 19 May 2016, 09:37

Actually i dont give a shit. :mrgreen: I just quote what i need to use, and dont care for the rest.

Solitaire_7

Postby Solitaire_7 » 19 May 2016, 16:07

menaximus wrote:Actually i dont give a shit. :mrgreen: I just quote what i need to use, and dont care for the rest.

A solid gaming Philosophy ! But seriously I think your onto something with making Eldar pulsar ships less fragile..

Crown Prince Solitaire
Beta tester crash dummy

menaximus

Postby menaximus » 19 May 2016, 19:41

Unless i finally master the great art of doging enemy attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Th3Nark

Postby Th3Nark » 20 May 2016, 16:21

Hey guys,

I've just picked up the game and loving it so far.

Eldar has always been a favorite race of mine in all of the WH4K games and this one is currently feeling no different.

I've played a bit of a Pulsar build and a Carrier build and both are pretty decent (carrier kiting makes the rage real.) but I've been a little gutted about the Cruisers seeming useless.

So I've been theory crafting and testing a little and I've comes up with a build that might actually make them worth while to use vs anything other than eldar.
It's based around improving range + accuracy of your starcannons and staying stealth just outside of detection range so you can rain down a lot of hurt.

The build is:
Light Cruiser - Solaris
Skills - Mix of Auger Probe + Stationary probe
Upgrade - Accelerated Batteries, Void Blending, Efficient Pilots, Rune-assisted Targeting
Favour - Saim-Hann

This is basically your support ship. Its going to be rocking some of the same upgrades as your Shadows to assist with damage but its mostly there for scouting and fighter support vs ordinance the enemy throws at you. (haven't done the numbers but in a 600->700 game it might be better to use the Eclipse for the same purpose depending if you can fit 2 Solaris in or not)

Cruiser - Shadow
Skills - I'm not totally sure on this one yet but was thinking - Vauls Manoeuvre, with a mix of auger disrupt and stasis bomb.
Upgrades - Accelerated Batteries, Void Blending, Rune-assisted Targeting - Not sure what after those 3, was thinking either Phoenix Sails, Belt Armor or Hull reinforcement to give a little more survivability.
Favour - Saim-Hann

So this is going to be the main damage dealer for the fleet, it has torpedoes while closing the distances and also just for extra burst damage and the Starcannons at 9K with 62.5% accuracy which is pretty solid, the auger disrupter keeps you out of the enemies vision for longer so you can keep on putting out the extra 50% damage, and you can throw down stasis bombs to also keep them at your preferred range.

So pretty simple game plan, use your eclipse or Solaris (depending which you works) to scout, use the Shadows to stasis bomb and disrupt their sensors (also you have all of the Saim-Hann disruption on top) so you can stay at 9K out of identification range dealing some pretty massive damage.

As I say I've only just got the game and I haven't been able to test it out properly yet but I did some prelim trails just using a couple of Solaris and a bunch of Aconites and the damage that the Solaris put out was pretty impressive, almost demolish a Imp Light cruiser and Cruiser with them. (killed the light cruiser and got the cruiser down to 25%).

So yeah, let me know what you guys think or if you've already tried this setup tell me how it went. :D

Solitaire_7

Postby Solitaire_7 » 20 May 2016, 19:01

Th3Nark wrote:Hey guys,

I've just picked up the game and loving it so far.

Eldar has always been a favorite race of mine in all of the WH4K games and this one is currently feeling no different.

I've played a bit of a Pulsar build and a Carrier build and both are pretty decent (carrier kiting makes the rage real.) but I've been a little gutted about the Cruisers seeming useless.

So I've been theory crafting and testing a little and I've comes up with a build that might actually make them worth while to use vs anything other than eldar.
It's based around improving range + accuracy of your starcannons and staying stealth just outside of detection range so you can rain down a lot of hurt.

The build is:
Light Cruiser - Solaris
Skills - Mix of Auger Probe + Stationary probe
Upgrade - Accelerated Batteries, Void Blending, Efficient Pilots, Rune-assisted Targeting
Favour - Saim-Hann

This is basically your support ship. Its going to be rocking some of the same upgrades as your Shadows to assist with damage but its mostly there for scouting and fighter support vs ordinance the enemy throws at you. (haven't done the numbers but in a 600->700 game it might be better to use the Eclipse for the same purpose depending if you can fit 2 Solaris in or not)

Cruiser - Shadow
Skills - I'm not totally sure on this one yet but was thinking - Vauls Manoeuvre, with a mix of auger disrupt and stasis bomb.
Upgrades - Accelerated Batteries, Void Blending, Rune-assisted Targeting - Not sure what after those 3, was thinking either Phoenix Sails, Belt Armor or Hull reinforcement to give a little more survivability.
Favour - Saim-Hann

So this is going to be the main damage dealer for the fleet, it has torpedoes while closing the distances and also just for extra burst damage and the Starcannons at 9K with 62.5% accuracy which is pretty solid, the auger disrupter keeps you out of the enemies vision for longer so you can keep on putting out the extra 50% damage, and you can throw down stasis bombs to also keep them at your preferred range.

So pretty simple game plan, use your eclipse or Solaris (depending which you works) to scout, use the Shadows to stasis bomb and disrupt their sensors (also you have all of the Saim-Hann disruption on top) so you can stay at 9K out of identification range dealing some pretty massive damage.

As I say I've only just got the game and I haven't been able to test it out properly yet but I did some prelim trails just using a couple of Solaris and a bunch of Aconites and the damage that the Solaris put out was pretty impressive, almost demolish a Imp Light cruiser and Cruiser with them. (killed the light cruiser and got the cruiser down to 25%).

So yeah, let me know what you guys think or if you've already tried this setup tell me how it went. :D

Hmmm okay couple of things from first glance. Your shadow cruiser uses Saim-Hann which gets a 50% damage buff when it attacks from stealth. The thing is your shadow will reveal itself as soon as it opens fire thus loosing the damage buff after the first pitter patter of stars. Saim-Hann suits pulsar better than star cannon as pulsar does much higher alpha damage with its opening burst. You will still lose the buff until you stealth but it will hurt them more. Maybe consider Ulthwe on your shadow for the maelstrom synergy with your stasis bomb ? also gets +30 vs lightening attacks.

Solaris is better for scouting than eclipse but the eclipse suits Siam-Hann favor more so than Solaris due to having three pulsars. Two Solaris if you can afford it would be better for scouting although you could take an eclipse and upgrade an aconite for scouting with sensor range increase/extra turrets and fire aspect.

You might want to upgrade the sensors on the Solaris option and take an augur disrupter on one of them and your preferred choice of probe on the other. I think Ulthwe and Alaitoc suit the Solaris class better.

I've tried Saim-Hann and it has only really shined when using running silent pulsar ships. Also bare in mind your not locking on, you are running silent so when you attack the benefits lock on give you are traded for the +50% buff of Saim-Hann. The effects of Siam-Hann with star-cannon ships were disappointingly meh tbh.

Crown Prince Solitaire
Beta tester crash dummy

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”