Admit it. Eldar are broken

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
Dedjim

Admit it. Eldar are broken

Postby Dedjim » 22 April 2016, 01:39

Seriously did you hire people from Relic. You never playtested these nerfs at all.

Eldar are completely useless. They are not faster, they get destroyed by any special ability. They have no protection from boarding.

Seriously you call yourselves devs with this complete BS?

M

rekina

Re: Admit it. Eldar are broken

Postby rekina » 22 April 2016, 01:42

I was expecting to see a completely different opinion to this when I saw and click this post... Now I'm lost. Because I think eldar are still good enough... mostly due to pulsars tho.

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 22 April 2016, 01:45

Give it some time. They did get nurfed a bit hard but they needed to nurf the holos 80% holos was kind of silly.. They are not too bad off tho once you reach high level. They just suck low level. Next patch they will be much better off.

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 22 April 2016, 01:49

pulsars still destroy ships just fine. and they were near immune to all damage before.

Gerver

Postby Gerver » 22 April 2016, 01:51

Dedjim wrote:Seriously did you hire people from Relic. You never playtested these nerfs at all.

Eldar are completely useless. They are not faster, they get destroyed by any special ability. They have no protection from boarding.

Seriously you call yourselves devs with this complete BS?

M

Not sure if trolling or just low skill

Littlerift

Postby Littlerift » 22 April 2016, 01:54

They're more balanced now than they were and that's a damn good thing. The Holo-Fields could perhaps do with 10% more deflection against Macro Cannons, but otherwise they're not so bad. The problem with their current position is that any nerfs to Pulsar damage will make them fairly weak as they'd become a hit and run faction that can't do the hitting. This is partly a result of Star Cannons being rubbish, though.

Avlaen

Postby Avlaen » 22 April 2016, 02:02

Littlerift wrote:They're more balanced now than they were and that's a damn good thing. The Holo-Fields could perhaps do with 10% more deflection against Macro Cannons, but otherwise they're not so bad. The problem with their current position is that any nerfs to Pulsar damage will make them fairly weak as they'd become a hit and run faction that can't do the hitting. This is partly a result of Star Cannons being rubbish, though.

atm they are Hit and evaporate a cruiser from 9k range and then wait 30 seconds...

Littlerift

Postby Littlerift » 22 April 2016, 02:14

Avlaen wrote:
Littlerift wrote:They're more balanced now than they were and that's a damn good thing. The Holo-Fields could perhaps do with 10% more deflection against Macro Cannons, but otherwise they're not so bad. The problem with their current position is that any nerfs to Pulsar damage will make them fairly weak as they'd become a hit and run faction that can't do the hitting. This is partly a result of Star Cannons being rubbish, though.

atm they are Hit and evaporate a cruiser from 9k range and then wait 30 seconds...

I know, and I think the damage does need addressing, but I think the real problem is that against Imperials and Orks they can evaporate that cruiser without exposing themselves to a single volley of return fire. Change all Pulsars to 6k range and replace the range buff with something else and I think a lot of the impotence that can be felt when fighting Eldar will be reduced. If the Eldar ship has to close to 6k then he becomes exposed to Lightning Strikes, Taunts and most guns.

I just don't want to see the Eldar become underpowered so soon after being overpowered, it creates a lot of toxicity as people who try to come up with buff proposals get slammed as just wanting their old OP toy back. I'm glad that Tindalos are taking the balance changes slowly, it says a lot about their understanding of both game balance and how to foster good will within your community.

Spoonie

Postby Spoonie » 22 April 2016, 02:30

Yeah you're nuts :)

Well played Eldar are still basically impossible to beat with Imperials or Orks, although I haven't seen how the nerfs and buffs shake out at high levels yet. Still, I played earlier with a Tyrant, 2x Dauntless and a Sword against 2x Aurora and like 5x Hemlock. ZERO chance to do anything against that many 9k pulsars, even though I took basically as many effective weapons against holo-fields as I could. But Dauntless will literally never get a shot at an Aurora with Vaul's Maneuver, the Tyrant was very 'meh', getting focused first obviously, only getting one Aurora to about 90% before it was dead.

Shit, you could get rid of the holofield altogether and I still woulda lost that game.

EriovaR

Postby EriovaR » 22 April 2016, 02:44

The only real weakness Eldar : The error of the admiral.

If no error: Eldar impossible to catch by the slow race .

I leave a game or after 10 minutes was my ship again 80% life , but I see no Eldar ... just in time to time torpedo.

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”