Best eldar favours?

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
Leivve

Re: Best eldar favours?

Postby Leivve » 19 April 2016, 03:14

Keioel wrote:I'm personally enjoying Saim-Hann, I just wish there was a way to tell when you're not seen by the enemy to be one hundred percent sure you're getting as much damage as possible.

Could easily be solved if they just added the "ambush" icon to the ship's status bar. Like it shows if you're generators and such are down, and right next to that in green you can see if you're benefiting from it.
And if that don't work... use more torpedoes.

Pleb Squasher

Postby Pleb Squasher » 19 April 2016, 04:05

Bosie wrote:Beil-Tan as it gives you more LS attacks against the only faction that challenge you, other Eldar. Plus you can stop 79% of all boarding attacks with 3 points in crew in conjunction with it.

Yeah I'm not sure why Eldar get the +20 troop strength from their space marine equivalent. Granted, the Eldar are easier to board than other races, yet it is supposed to be this way. Granting them an unfair advantage here with the favour is unwarranted. Also, despite taking a troop strength focused favour they still should be easier to board than other races, just stronger compared to other Eldar ships. As much as Eldar don't get the extra boarding assault, 20 troop strength is just too much.

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 15 May 2016, 17:52

Pleb Squasher wrote:
Bosie wrote:Beil-Tan as it gives you more LS attacks against the only faction that challenge you, other Eldar. Plus you can stop 79% of all boarding attacks with 3 points in crew in conjunction with it.

Yeah I'm not sure why Eldar get the +20 troop strength from their space marine equivalent. Granted, the Eldar are easier to board than other races, yet it is supposed to be this way. Granting them an unfair advantage here with the favour is unwarranted. Also, despite taking a troop strength focused favour they still should be easier to board than other races, just stronger compared to other Eldar ships. As much as Eldar don't get the extra boarding assault, 20 troop strength is just too much.

Basic Eldar troops are definitely weaker than basic troops of other races. Hence -10 troop value compared ot Imperium/Chaos. By basic troops I mean corsairs, who are basically guardians.
Aspect warriors on the other hand, are easily on pair with any basic troop or even elite in some cases, of other races.. Therefore Biel-Tan favour gives +10 to get on pair with Imperium/Chaos, and additional +10 to level them with their elites (Space Marines for example). Orkz elitz are still da best tho.
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

Facejack

Postby Facejack » 15 May 2016, 19:05

The best favor to Eldar is the one the devs are doing by waiting so long to fix pulsars.

menaximus

Postby menaximus » 17 May 2016, 15:28

Alaitoc - Very, VERY good in combination with "running silent" order ;) Especialy against IN nova cannons. You can litearly (with a little bit of luck) - fly behind the enemy fleet and make some greeaat damage. Used perfectly - is even better than pathfinder sqadronn (which is also very good). I often use alaitoc to destroy heavier ships.
Personally i use them on my voidstalker and eclipse ships

Biel-tan
- strong, but cant perform any surprise attacks. And you have to get close to enemy to use their abilities, which for me is not a preferable way of doing my battles. Still - they can deal a lot of damage and i use them to harm bigger fishes :mrgreen:
So basicialy BT does the same thing as A do, only diferently.
Personally i use them on my aurora ships

Saim-hann
- Here i am left with almost nothing, which is sad because SH were supposed to be like A, only cooler :|
I use them as a scout party, Very good scout party that can inflict enemy detection, and later do some fight in 9k.
Personally i use them on my solaris ships

Ulthwe
- Very good against multiple targets (often orcs, or chaos) If you have to run very closely enemy fleet, you dont have to worry about lightning strikes (6k is very close for eldar).
Personally i use them on my shadow ships

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 17 May 2016, 18:36

Freelancer1495 wrote:I've been looking at the eldar favours and none of them have been jumping out at me as "this is the one". Any opinions on which are good and which aren't?

I would say... Ulthwe or Biel-Tan.

Saim-Hann is to easy to counter with the reconbacon.
Alaitoc needs to stand still for his ability. (Of course youcann skill +100% duration of stealth, like a submarine, but i am not really happy with this).
Ulthwe is good in many ways, maybe the solidest choice.

i prefer biel-tan, because of the beautiful coloration, and of course get up to 79 Troop and 3x lightning strike is a very n1 way to boost your ships in a uncommon way for an Eldarplayer. Personally i use Biel-Tan on every Ship, except my second Eclipse, called "Dance of the Solitaire" and getting for that a black coloration, since when i use this ship, i don't use any other ships, a Solitaire stays always alone. ;)

Biel-tan - strong, but cant perform any surprise attacks

Running Silent and Aguren Disruptor makes it almost as effektive as Saim-Hann, (and i have a complete Saim-Hann Fleet on level 8 too).
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

menaximus

Postby menaximus » 17 May 2016, 21:20

Harlequin wrote:Ulthwe is good in many ways, maybe the solidest choice.

I agree on that one. Ulthwe is probably the best choice for somebody, who cant decide at present.
Although it is not a bad thing to try later, other favours of course. Will it be BT or SH or A.

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”