Best eldar favours?

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
Freelancer1495

Best eldar favours?

Postby Freelancer1495 » 17 April 2016, 20:40

I've been looking at the eldar favours and none of them have been jumping out at me as "this is the one". Any opinions on which are good and which aren't?

Bludfist

Re: Best eldar favours?

Postby Bludfist » 17 April 2016, 20:46

Ulthwe helps prevent the one of 2 ways that people can reliably damage your ships, the other one being ramming and it gives a free dmg tool with stasis bombs

if you dont play sloppy then you shouldnt face boarding actions from assault boats and boarding pods
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Lt.Hargrove

Postby Lt.Hargrove » 17 April 2016, 20:49

I roll with Ultwe boys on all of my ships except my designated data recovery/assasination scummer runner. It's a very versatile favor, even with subpar placement the Maelstrom is some free damage and the psychic blockade is all around very good.

GrenAcid

Postby GrenAcid » 17 April 2016, 20:50

Freelancer1495 wrote:I've been looking at the eldar favours and none of them have been jumping out at me as "this is the one". Any opinions on which are good and which aren't?

Biel-tan. +attack/+deffence

Other are mixed bag, Aiatolic seems nice and might be usefull in PVP but vs AI it do nothing.
Saim-han is nice but there is no indication if ship is reveled to enemy and you have no idea if buff aplies or not.
Ulthwe has nice deff to LC but that storm do shit unless you time it with stasis.

Bosie

Postby Bosie » 17 April 2016, 20:55

Beil-Tan as it gives you more LS attacks against the only faction that challenge you, other Eldar. Plus you can stop 79% of all boarding attacks with 3 points in crew in conjunction with it.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 17 April 2016, 21:00

Alaitoc and Saim-Hann can basically be countered by just using the Recon Probe against them, since it can get attached at any given time when someone is in range.

Saim-Hann offers nontheless a really strong damage boost when you play stealthy (Silent Running, Gas Clouds, etc.) in combination with the +3k range upgrade for Pulsars. You don't need to see the enemy ships to shoot Pulsars after all ;)

Ulthwe...well, the Storm is pretty meh, but the +30 Troop Value against Lightning Strikes is pretty strong

Biel-Tan, the "all-around" good Favour. An additional Lightning Strike is never bad and the +20 Troop Value really helps against Boardings and Lightning Strikes
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 18 April 2016, 05:00

You can't go wrong with Bieltan.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Keioel

Postby Keioel » 18 April 2016, 08:32

I'm personally enjoying Saim-Hann, I just wish there was a way to tell when you're not seen by the enemy to be one hundred percent sure you're getting as much damage as possible.

Colcut

Postby Colcut » 19 April 2016, 01:37

at the moment i am trying a mix, i am yet to find a mindblowing one, relative to the others

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 19 April 2016, 02:56

Sagranda wrote:Alaitoc and Saim-Hann can basically be countered by just using the Recon Probe against them, since it can get attached at any given time when someone is in range.

Saim-Hann offers nontheless a really strong damage boost when you play stealthy (Silent Running, Gas Clouds, etc.) in combination with the +3k range upgrade for Pulsars. You don't need to see the enemy ships to shoot Pulsars after all ;)

Ulthwe...well, the Storm is pretty meh, but the +30 Troop Value against Lightning Strikes is pretty strong

Biel-Tan, the "all-around" good Favour. An additional Lightning Strike is never bad and the +20 Troop Value really helps against Boardings and Lightning Strikes

Aliatocs stealth alloy cannot be revealed by recon probes

Only ship range detection reveals them

But imperium has 10k range detection so it's still not all that great
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”