Are Eldars viable?

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
Encadi

Are Eldars viable?

Postby Encadi » 12 September 2016, 14:39

Hey im quite new to the game, I always liked eldars on tabletop but I have been reading and it seems Eldars were nerfed into unusuability. Is this true? Are they really viable in their current state?

Thank you

Ashardalon

Re: Are Eldars viable?

Postby Ashardalon » 12 September 2016, 18:18

yes, very viable, they are actually one of the most powerful faction in the game
but if you make a mistake you are dead
really powerful, really fragile
there are some cheezy tactics that can win you games without the enemy even having a chance but those should be fixed soon
a new eldar player is the easiest thing to kill an experienced eldar player is hell itself
the people crying over the nerfs are just angry that their LC's can't one-shot BC's anymore :D

Hallbregg

Postby Hallbregg » 12 September 2016, 23:13

Yes, they are viable. In my opinion they are the strongest faction (pre tau patch). Their ordenance (bombers/torps) are realy strong.

Sagranda

Postby Sagranda » 13 September 2016, 08:41

Bombers and Torps are the only things Eldar have going for them after all.

Starcannons are still pretty meh and after the range + damage nerf for Pulsars they are crap against competent players. Only the Voidstalker has retained good Pulsars thanks to its 9k range.

Eldar may be viable, but they are still in a bad spot if you don't want to be reliant on Bombers and Torps
I play Orkz to collect all those salty Imperial tears
#FeelsWaaaghBoss

Kurnous

Postby Kurnous » 20 October 2016, 15:39

I'll share my brothers opinion, who has 3 fleets in top 20, 4 in top 30 (despite the fact that ranked is broken and he has beaten ranked #1 several times, who capitulates but doesn't lose rank and my brother doesn't gain....bug???)

Eldar are the worst ranked faction in the game period. The reason? The back bone of a ranked fleet are the crusiers, which are reasonably priced to fully skill up, upgrade and even favour. Eldar Shadows are just plain AWFUL ships....just useless.

Eldars power is concentrated in the Void Stalker and to a lesser extend Eclipses.....which are extremely expensive renown wise. He says kill the Void Stalker in the first round.....and Eldar are useless in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. With Imperial....he even uses an unupgraded emperor and 2 x unupgraded mars to do it.

Hallbregg

Postby Hallbregg » 20 October 2016, 18:54

Kurnous wrote:I'll share my brothers opinion, who has 3 fleets in top 20, 4 in top 30 (despite the fact that ranked is broken and he has beaten ranked #1 several times, who capitulates but doesn't lose rank and my brother doesn't gain....bug???)

Eldar are the worst ranked faction in the game period. The reason? The back bone of a ranked fleet are the crusiers, which are reasonably priced to fully skill up, upgrade and even favour. Eldar Shadows are just plain AWFUL ships....just useless.

Eldars power is concentrated in the Void Stalker and to a lesser extend Eclipses.....which are extremely expensive renown wise. He says kill the Void Stalker in the first round.....and Eldar are useless in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. With Imperial....he even uses an unupgraded emperor and 2 x unupgraded mars to do it.

As a rank 7 eldar, I totaly disagree.

menaximus

Postby menaximus » 22 October 2016, 23:13

Kurnous wrote:I'll share my brothers opinion, who has 3 fleets in top 20, 4 in top 30 (despite the fact that ranked is broken and he has beaten ranked #1 several times, who capitulates but doesn't lose rank and my brother doesn't gain....bug???)

As a rank 8 eldar, I totaly disagree too.

Kurnous

Postby Kurnous » 25 October 2016, 11:44

...and I bet my Bro smashes you two to bits just about every time he has played you, but you keep your rank due to the capitulate bug.

Any race is capable in the hands of an extremely good player, however most would have better results with other races.

Hallbregg

Postby Hallbregg » 02 November 2016, 19:50

Kurnous wrote:...and I bet my Bro smashes you two to bits just about every time he has played you, but you keep your rank due to the capitulate bug.

Any race is capable in the hands of an extremely good player, however most would have better results with other races.

What you and your "Bro" doen't seem to get is that a decently played eldar is unbeatble by most factions and fleet archetypes, in fact only Ork players with 6+ novas have a good chance.

BLOODLUSTHONOUR

Postby BLOODLUSTHONOUR » 19 December 2016, 07:06

Ive found that some lc's with saim hainn favour is awesome. Upgrades, extra gun range, extended stealth and belt armour just in case. Only one with augur probe and the other two with augur disruptor. Crew points into spirit stones first, so you can use disruptors and stealth/lock more. Then warlock for better crit chances with guns. Your preference after that.

Set engagement to 9k. Turn off that annoying attack move order button. Always try to stay outside detection range but use your 25% stealth attack bonus and gun range. Use your bombers when you can but its more to harrass or get rid of torps. I find this is more of the intended hit and run tactics of eldar rather than kite and bomb for 20 mins. That gets boring real quick.

This is my multiplayer build, the ai in skirmish makes stealth less viable because they always know where you are.
See your death through my eyes mon keigh.

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”