The Eldar : the good, the bad and the ugly

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
MrMcWalrus

The Eldar : the good, the bad and the ugly

Postby MrMcWalrus » 13 April 2016, 16:34

Good:
>MUH SANIC GLASS SPACESHIP
>MUH PULSARS
>WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

So I dashed with my light cruiser and it got stuck on all ahead full. The ship went at 1,300 then 1000 when an engine was destroyed and then, inevitably, it hit a minefield. Gods bless tindalos.

Bad:
>As if

Ugly:
>Other races by comparison

All in all this is a lot more fun than the ork launch and I'm loving it. Lack of salt boats means I don't quit in disgust whenever someone is playing full carrier. They have easily exploitable weaknesses and a unique playstyle. This is honestly the best work tindalos have done yet.

One side note is that I do not get the pulsars. They don't seem to be firing even though it says they have an arc. Anyone know what's going on/why I'm stupid?
The imperial fists ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Caine-HoA

Re: The Eldar : the good, the bad and the ugly

Postby Caine-HoA » 13 April 2016, 16:36

You have to activate the Pulsars similar to torpedoes.

Navinor

Postby Navinor » 13 April 2016, 16:54

Right now i think the eldar are tons of fun to play.

They are micro intense as hell. But This torpedos and pulsars. I just like them.

The only problem right now is, they loose engines very fast.

Btw. Do NOT try to ram :D

MrMcWalrus

Postby MrMcWalrus » 13 April 2016, 17:06

Navinor wrote:Right now i think the eldar are tons of fun to play.

They are micro intense as hell. But This torpedos and pulsars. I just like them.

The only problem right now is, they loose engines very fast.

Btw. Do NOT try to ram :D

but ramming is funny :( And also one of the few ways to destroy another eldar ship
The imperial fists ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 13 April 2016, 18:40

Eldar require a very high micro AND high learning curve. High risk high reward faction.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Larkis

Postby Larkis » 13 April 2016, 18:46

I love the eldar.

They truyl have a very different playstile. And all factions NEEED a very different strategy to defend them.

Givin an opinion after a few matches is ok, but to really evaluate them, we need much more time and playtesting.

Bersercker

Postby Bersercker » 13 April 2016, 19:21

Was totally loving the Eldar except for the pulsars untill an opponent used taunt on one of my ships which resulted in the ship losing all holofields and being almost instantly destroyed. So yea... Added to that, the devs didnt nerf the active skills in the patch, so my hopes for Eldar being playable at release are low.

Uksharazad87

Postby Uksharazad87 » 13 April 2016, 19:23

Bersercker wrote:Was totally loving the Eldar except for the pulsars untill an opponent used taunt on one of my ships which resulted in the ship losing all holofields and being almost instantly destroyed. So yea... Added to that, the devs didnt nerf the active skills in the patch, so my hopes for Eldar being playable at release are low.

Set your engagement to 12k, Port & Starboard and micro your shots in. if you get taunted you ship wont stop moving.

Helsync

Postby Helsync » 13 April 2016, 19:38

Uksharazad87 wrote:
Bersercker wrote:Was totally loving the Eldar except for the pulsars untill an opponent used taunt on one of my ships which resulted in the ship losing all holofields and being almost instantly destroyed. So yea... Added to that, the devs didnt nerf the active skills in the patch, so my hopes for Eldar being playable at release are low.

Set your engagement to 12k, Port & Starboard and micro your shots in. if you get taunted you ship wont stop moving.

Theres a fuck load of needless fiddling we have to do in order to make certain things work in this game and they still haven't introduced some kind of ship profile system yet that allows the player to save default behaviours... 8 days until their already delayed 'release'...
Stellaris <3

Uksharazad87

Postby Uksharazad87 » 13 April 2016, 19:41

Helsync wrote:Theres a fuck load of needless fiddling we have to do in order to make certain things work in this game and they still haven't introduced some kind of ship profile system yet that allows the player to save default behaviours... 8 days until their already delayed 'release'...

Dude, chill. What i said is a tactical COUNTER to Taunt as Eldar. The're the Micro race. Don't like the micro? Play another. If you want to play Eldar. Micro.

Its how you counter taunt, you set your engagement to something favorable IN DEPLOYMENT.

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”