idea for eldars to make them capable of "ramming" other ships

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
menaximus

idea for eldars to make them capable of "ramming" other ships

Postby menaximus » 01 July 2016, 16:07

How about - instead of just ramming, like other ships do with their front part -

make them Slice with broadsides :twisted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96LoY2nHVow

i know its a stupid and crazy idea.. and funny

Mr Morden

Re: idea for eldars to make them capable of "ramming" other ships

Postby Mr Morden » 01 July 2016, 18:07

menaximus wrote:How about - instead of just ramming, like other ships do with their front part -

More Dark Eldar I think but soem Corsairs might try it - esp if former Dark Eldar.
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Ahzek Ahriman

Postby Ahzek Ahriman » 01 July 2016, 20:56

menaximus wrote:How about - instead of just ramming, like other ships do with their front part -

Yeah, I can already see that Eldar dash abuse when ramming, f.ck it would hurt. I prefer seeing them get annihilated to smithereens if they make contact.

Nothing cooler than seeing the Voidstalker get rammed by my Slaughter, dash a bit lately and run at full speed straight into my battleship which I "accidentaly" MWJ'ed there. From 3/4 HP to nothing Tzeentch damn me, that was the most beautiful sight I've seen in this game thus far *cries of joy*.

But on a serious note, Dark Eldar may have such mechanic but not Eldar. And even if they had they should not get it in this game. They're already the most broken race, closer and closer to balance but still far from it, not to mention current Orkz.
Introducing Eldar to a whole new mechanic would make them even more broken (notice I say broken not OP or UP, because it can go either way). Why mess up something that is already messed enough?
The sentence below is true
Spoiler : :
The sentence above is false

menaximus

Postby menaximus » 01 July 2016, 21:55

So if i understand correctly, making eldars more different from other factions would cause the risk of even further unbalance?

Mr Morden

Postby Mr Morden » 02 July 2016, 10:36

Ramming would I feel be considered brutal and primitive by Eldar Captains and Admirals - even pirate ones who lets face it live and die on their ships - they are not built for it and each ship is a wonder - grown carefully and partly alive.

Now Dark Eldar are different - their shisp are as resliant as the other races and their atmsopheric/void craft already do similar things with their wing blades.

Make it something that the Dark Eldar do as opposed to thier more civilised cousins.

IMO anyway
Imperial - Lady Lukara (8), Chaos - Abraxus (8), Eldar - Flower of Carnage (2) , Orks - Big Bazza (6), Wolve - Floki (6) :mrgreen:

Harlequin

Postby Harlequin » 04 July 2016, 20:34

Mr Morden wrote:

More Dark Eldar I think but soem Corsairs might try it - esp if former Dark Eldar.

Dark Eldar... came straight into my mind for this... :mrgreen:
Spoiler : :
Steam-Name: "Marilyn Manson"

"We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand."

"Death is my meat; terror my wine."

Imperator5
(Former) Technical Tester

Postby Imperator5 » 05 July 2016, 22:00

Dark eldar would be good for ramming, but eldar, nope.

It was turned on during CTT and it was a horror shows with eldar ships reducing each other's health by half by accident.
http://forum.battlefleetgothic-armada.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Please help me change skirmish to be customisable. Its very important for PVE players.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=515 Mod idea.

Return to “Eldar Corsairs”