Help needed for Eldar n00b

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
User avatar
hellraiz0r
Posts: 52
Joined: 21 April 2016, 16:01
Contact:

Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby hellraiz0r » 23 June 2016, 13:21

Hi there, i need some advice on how to effectivly play them without dying so quickly.

I saw some builds in this sub but they are pre 9th june patch. So how do i get the best out of them without beeing a total dick to my opponents. Well i see there is some minimum dickness needed cause they are so freakin fragile, but how can i level them the fastest way to Admiral Level 8?

I'm looking for various ship builds and playstyle advices. Would be nifty to receive builds for all the ships :)
Thanks for your input!

Mav
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 May 2016, 15:32
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby Mav » 23 June 2016, 14:29

hellraiz0r wrote:I saw some builds in this sub but they are pre 9th june patch. So how do i get the best out of them without beeing a total dick to my opponents. Well i see there is some minimum dickness needed cause they are so freakin fragile, but how can i level them the fastest way to Admiral Level 8?


Eldars are a fun faction, don't let others tell you otherwise. Anyway the way starcannons are now you won't get any wins unless you're a "dick". In other words pulsars and carriers are the way to go.

hellraiz0r wrote:I'm looking for various ship builds and playstyle advices. Would be nifty to receive builds for all the ships :)
Thanks for your input!


Now what ships you want to play eh? Actually I leveled my eldar when they were still "OP" so I'm going to improvise here and there
Your ships MUST have vauls.
Your ships MUST have extra damage on shields.
Your ships MAY have extra stealth time
Your ships MAY have extra sight range
Your ships MAY have dragonsails
playstyle advices, in no particular order
You want as many angles as you can get on the enemy
Do not turn to shoot unless you're safe to do so
If you're running Saim it's better to use "hold fire"
Killing eyesight is best
Torpedoes are shit
Don't bother with starcannon upgrades
Let the other guy warp out
Slannesh is OP
Nova cannons are shit as long as you don't stack
Orcs are easy mode
Chaos are gay
Ram other Eldars
Statis Bomb is used when you're hightailing
Augur distruptor is great with Saim favour
Slannesh is OP
Don't put your VS as admiral ship on assasination and data recovery
Did I say that Slannesh is OP? Coz it is
That's what I can throw from the top of my head
There's a thread where I have posted my Eldar setup
It's the same as before patch

User avatar
hellraiz0r
Posts: 52
Joined: 21 April 2016, 16:01
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby hellraiz0r » 23 June 2016, 14:38

Mav wrote:Did I say that Slannesh is OP? Coz it is


isn't this a chaos favor?!? ^^ i guess your mixing something up here maybe, but my chaos admiral should already know, otherwise...

i've just searched your posts but can't find the builds. maybe you can link it here?

User avatar
menaximus
Posts: 23
Joined: 17 May 2016, 14:55
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby menaximus » 23 June 2016, 14:52

Poor thing is, you would have to be as much dicky for your opponent as possible to actually make some victories at the beginning.
But that doesnt mean you should always spam Pulsars at every match. Learn how to use starcannons. These are not powerfull, but are quite challenging.Always in the battle have a ship equipped wiwhout pulsars (even an escort).

Eldars are very distinctive from other factions, so i suggest you to play Only them for a period of time, just to grab a sense of them.


Stealth and speed are your greatest allies.

phoenix and dragon sails are MUST HAVE
Make sure that your ships have always a lot of space around them, dont keep your fleet tight so every ship can always use the best of its maneuverability when running from enemy.
Very helpfull abilities are vauls manoeuvre and webway slip.

Its also good to make your ships attack from as farther as possible, because you wont let other factions get to close if possible.
accelerated batteries for non-pulsar ships.


Kauyon: The Patient Hunter Gets the Prey

Eldars are in fact - very like hunters. Attacking the weakest point (usually back) and using traps will be the base of your every tactic (my favourite is combo of Stacic bombs + maelstorms).

Void blending and Cameleoline alloy are Very helpfull to avoid IN novaand attacking from behind. But they wont work allone. The enemy will usually counter you with very long-range detection and recon abilities. So even if you set an attack, you must be caucious. Making some decoys is a good way to fool your enemy.

You can try to test enemy fleet in guerrilla attacks, by making fast, hit and run attacks (even with your bigger ships), because you will most certainly outrun the enemy and de-facto never lost any unit.

Mav
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 May 2016, 15:32
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby Mav » 23 June 2016, 15:01

hellraiz0r wrote:
Mav wrote:Did I say that Slannesh is OP? Coz it is


isn't this a chaos favor?!? ^^ i guess your mixing something up here maybe, but my chaos admiral should already know, otherwise...

i've just searched your posts but can't find the builds. maybe you can link it here?


Ye it was general gameplay advices

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2932&start=20

this thread

User avatar
hellraiz0r
Posts: 52
Joined: 21 April 2016, 16:01
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby hellraiz0r » 23 June 2016, 15:24

Mav wrote:
hellraiz0r wrote:
Mav wrote:Did I say that Slannesh is OP? Coz it is


isn't this a chaos favor?!? ^^ i guess your mixing something up here maybe, but my chaos admiral should already know, otherwise...

i've just searched your posts but can't find the builds. maybe you can link it here?


Ye it was general gameplay advices

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2932&start=20

this thread


this.is.it. thank you :)

The_Phalanx
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 June 2016, 00:05
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby The_Phalanx » 23 June 2016, 18:51

hellraiz0r wrote:
Mav wrote:Did I say that Slannesh is OP? Coz it is


isn't this a chaos favor?!? ^^ i guess your mixing something up here maybe, but my chaos admiral should already know, otherwise...

i've just searched your posts but can't find the builds. maybe you can link it here?


Slaanesh is OP in the sense that Eldar have very little they can do to counter Slaanesh. By very little, I mean hope your opponent is an idiot.

User avatar
Crnyo
Posts: 45
Joined: 16 May 2016, 15:23
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby Crnyo » 24 June 2016, 18:27

I recommend using pulsars only as finishers ie once you destroyed enough enemy ships.
Most players will bring several recon probes and slap them on your hull if you get within 10k range.

I divide fight in two stages. In first stage you only use bombers because unlike pulsars you can use them outside 10k range which means you aren't at risk of having recon probe stuck on your ship.

After you destroy third of the fleet with bombers then you go in for the kill and use pulsars to conclude the match faster.

Avoiding being revealed until enemy fleet is weakened solves many problems including Slaneesh
Weirdboyz iz the new WAAAGH

Mav
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 May 2016, 15:32
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby Mav » 24 June 2016, 18:57

Crnyo wrote:I recommend using pulsars only as finishers ie once you destroyed enough enemy ships.
Most players will bring several recon probes and slap them on your hull if you get within 10k range.

I divide fight in two stages. In first stage you only use bombers because unlike pulsars you can use them outside 10k range which means you aren't at risk of having recon probe stuck on your ship.

After you destroy third of the fleet with bombers then you go in for the kill and use pulsars to conclude the match faster.

Avoiding being revealed until enemy fleet is weakened solves many problems including Slaneesh


That sounds like the most cunt-ish tactic in the entire world
You're puttin the C in cheese

User avatar
Solitaire_7
Posts: 46
Joined: 04 May 2016, 07:51
Contact:

Re: Help needed for Eldar n00b

Postby Solitaire_7 » 24 June 2016, 19:12

Mav wrote:
Crnyo wrote:I recommend using pulsars only as finishers ie once you destroyed enough enemy ships.
Most players will bring several recon probes and slap them on your hull if you get within 10k range.

I divide fight in two stages. In first stage you only use bombers because unlike pulsars you can use them outside 10k range which means you aren't at risk of having recon probe stuck on your ship.

After you destroy third of the fleet with bombers then you go in for the kill and use pulsars to conclude the match faster.

Avoiding being revealed until enemy fleet is weakened solves many problems including Slaneesh


That sounds like the most cunt-ish tactic in the entire world
You're puttin the C in cheese


I would wade in with sound council but you guys have pretty much covered it all. The eldar require hit and run management and with all the nerfs getting close to your target is often a death sentence. If you are annoying them so much they are raving in the chat channel because they don't know where the hell you are or what is coming well you are on the right track. Play the long game. Patience not your strong point ? Don't play Eldar........
"Let your enemies fear, for a Harlequin of the Laughing God dances at your side."

Black Library Approved : viewtopic.php?f=17&t=621

Crown Prince Solitaire
Beta tester crash dummy


Return to “Eldar Corsairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron