Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Share your superior strategies. For kaela mensha khaine!
A Graduate Student
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 April 2016, 03:10
Contact:

Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby A Graduate Student » 17 June 2016, 21:25

Subject head pretty much sums it all up.

default move speed is faster than most other races All ahead full.

Turning speed is off the charts, which promotes a style of play in which the eldar just run all the time. This leaves Orks and really anyone non-nova cannon Imperials without a way to combat them.

The amount of stealth even if they are revealed makes fighting them pointless. If they are on defense, cool you will lose 100% no matter what non eldar race you play.

They are Corsairs, they should always be attacking, in the fluff they have a really small presence.

BanjoJohn
Posts: 100
Joined: 01 April 2016, 17:20
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby BanjoJohn » 17 June 2016, 22:44

The movement speed and turning rate could be higher, they aren't as good as tabletop counterpart. They do need some balancing for sure.

User avatar
Bludfist
Posts: 997
Joined: 14 March 2016, 22:46
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby Bludfist » 17 June 2016, 23:48

BanjoJohn wrote:The movement speed and turning rate could be higher, they aren't as good as tabletop counterpart. They do need some balancing for sure.

i think thats because your compensated by not having to deal with the TT solar sail mechanic
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :
Image

User avatar
Anastari
Posts: 26
Joined: 27 April 2016, 19:51
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby Anastari » 18 June 2016, 01:22

A Graduate Student wrote:default move speed is faster than most other races All ahead full.
.

That's not true, all ahead full increases the speed of a ship by 2x big red button increases it by 3x so the only ships that have the default speed of an eldar light cruiser using AAF or BRB without the dragon sail would be imperial navy ships with a base speed of 150. Ships of speeds 175 and higher are either 50, 75, 125, or 150 units higher. Problem is the default speed being drastically higher than everyone else and the speed boost their ships get which increase their speed by 1000 units for around 3 seconds.
Death is my meat, terror my wine.

A Graduate Student
Posts: 5
Joined: 13 April 2016, 03:10
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby A Graduate Student » 18 June 2016, 02:56

Therefore, never catching them since it is on a low CD and Combustion gauge severely limits maneuverability.

User avatar
Scorch715
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 May 2016, 09:10
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby Scorch715 » 18 June 2016, 12:49

I realise this is about PVP and the match I'm about to reference is PVE, but bear with me.

Playing a custom 700pt Cruiser Clash mission against the heroic difficulty Eldar as Imperial Navy. Literally the moment I was spotted, my two leading cruisers lost half their hit points. My opening salvo was a couple of NCs, torpedo spreads, and bomber squadrons and did maybe 100 damage to each of the two Eclipse battlecruisers. From there on in, the Eldar didn't even attempt to stay at range, they were just swarming me and vaporising my ships while there was nothing I could do about it.

In the end, I lost all 5 ships, while the Eldar lost two, and the reason I actually killed one of them was through MWJing a cruiser and shotgun torpedoing it while my other remaining cruiser parked in front of it to stop it speeding away. Focusing my fire on any given ship just wasn't possible because the moment I engaged one it just flew straight out of my broadside arcs and let a different ship engage me.

Now if an AI Eldar can utterly rape you at close range where they're the most vulnerable, I see literally no possible way a skilled human player could ever lose a match.

Mav
Posts: 44
Joined: 05 May 2016, 15:32
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby Mav » 18 June 2016, 15:52

A Graduate Student wrote:Subject head pretty much sums it all up.

default move speed is faster than most other races All ahead full.

Turning speed is off the charts, which promotes a style of play in which the eldar just run all the time. This leaves Orks and really anyone non-nova cannon Imperials without a way to combat them.

The amount of stealth even if they are revealed makes fighting them pointless. If they are on defense, cool you will lose 100% no matter what non eldar race you play.

They are Corsairs, they should always be attacking, in the fluff they have a really small presence.


2 points
1. git gud
2. Look point 1

User avatar
BrianDavion
Posts: 1017
Joined: 12 March 2016, 02:32
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby BrianDavion » 19 June 2016, 00:08

Scorch715 wrote:I realise this is about PVP and the match I'm about to reference is PVE, but bear with me.

Playing a custom 700pt Cruiser Clash mission against the heroic difficulty Eldar as Imperial Navy. Literally the moment I was spotted, my two leading cruisers lost half their hit points. My opening salvo was a couple of NCs, torpedo spreads, and bomber squadrons and did maybe 100 damage to each of the two Eclipse battlecruisers. From there on in, the Eldar didn't even attempt to stay at range, they were just swarming me and vaporising my ships while there was nothing I could do about it.

In the end, I lost all 5 ships, while the Eldar lost two, and the reason I actually killed one of them was through MWJing a cruiser and shotgun torpedoing it while my other remaining cruiser parked in front of it to stop it speeding away. Focusing my fire on any given ship just wasn't possible because the moment I engaged one it just flew straight out of my broadside arcs and let a different ship engage me.

Now if an AI Eldar can utterly rape you at close range where they're the most vulnerable, I see literally no possible way a skilled human player could ever lose a match.


heroic difficulty IIRC means he has more points then you do.

that said it proably doesn't help that the nova cannon's damage was absolutely demolished in nerf after nerf after nerf

User avatar
Scorch715
Posts: 128
Joined: 04 May 2016, 09:10
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby Scorch715 » 19 June 2016, 12:10

BrianDavion wrote:
heroic difficulty IIRC means he has more points then you do.

that said it proably doesn't help that the nova cannon's damage was absolutely demolished in nerf after nerf after nerf


That would explain the Voidstalker, two Eclipses, and two light cruisers. If you're right about heroic giving them more points, thats a pretty cheap way of increasing difficulty.

Nova cannons really do need a buff again. They were admittedly OP in their original form, but now that the Eldar have to stay relatively close to use their pulsars, buffing the NC so its actually effective in the limited window you can use it would be great.

User avatar
BrianDavion
Posts: 1017
Joined: 12 March 2016, 02:32
Contact:

Re: Immediate removal of Eldar as a PVP faction

Postby BrianDavion » 19 June 2016, 20:03

Scorch715 wrote:
BrianDavion wrote:
heroic difficulty IIRC means he has more points then you do.

that said it proably doesn't help that the nova cannon's damage was absolutely demolished in nerf after nerf after nerf


That would explain the Voidstalker, two Eclipses, and two light cruisers. If you're right about heroic giving them more points, thats a pretty cheap way of increasing difficulty.

Nova cannons really do need a buff again. They were admittedly OP in their original form, but now that the Eldar have to stay relatively close to use their pulsars, buffing the NC so its actually effective in the limited window you can use it would be great.


on that I agree, the nova canon is supposed to be the IN's heavy artillery weapon. it should hit for pretty impressive damage. sadly people even AFTER it got nerfed kept screaming OP because they used tactics that made them vunerable to it. if you tightly pack huge groups of escorts together you deserve what you get


Return to “Eldar Corsairs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron