Could we have some variety for orky playstyle?

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
MadDemiurg

Re: Could we have some variety for orky playstyle?

Postby MadDemiurg » 17 May 2016, 00:07

Out of ork weapons, only torps and kannonz work well imo (with kannonz being too cheap for a firepower buff they give).

If you want some longer range macro power your best bet is to bring onslaughts as they bring you 2x prow gunz (which are actually ok), same as hammer BC, for a mere 31 points.

There's no way to make an effective gunz cruiser, because lotsa gunz are terrible.

This also cuts into efficiency of zzap builds, because if you go with zzaps you're left with lotsa gunz as your close range option, and zzap + lotsa guns does not really cut it as far as firepower goes (these ships would die to any CQC build and being orks they can't kite).

Ork launchbays are just too expensive imo, 4 launchbay ork cruiser (not BC) costs roughly the same as Styx, while having crappy mobility, weaker bombers and no other weapons to speak of.

All in all, nothing really compares to brutal efficiency of kannon builds, only place where they are not that great is vs Eldar, but vs Eldar you mostly rely on onslaughts and/or traktoring/ramming/novas anyway.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 17 May 2016, 00:52

Lotsa gunz were horribly inefficient on TT due to the variance in attacks and for the same reason they are inefficient here

Having between 2-6 attacks is too randumb to be viable compared to x2 heavy gunz broadsides

Second I understand desire to increase costs weapon choices but please do remeber that SM are the "better orks" faction and the only advantage we have over them is cheaper ships

If that advantage is not meaningful enough then their will be no reason to play orcs

Third I do content end that we need better lance batteries or atleast that all ork lances need to have 270 arcs if not that atleast give access to the slamblasta BB

Down the line orks will need "lanceboats" or atleast as lance boat-y as ork ships can get for vs tyranids. Our 3k playstyle won't work vs tyranids whom are monsters at that range..literally and we need lances to snipe synapse ships jus like on TT

But we don't get lances till cruisers and we don't get acess to 270 arc ones till BCs

Also by now I'm sure your all aware of my stance on favors were over reliant on trakktors cause we have no other catch tools, shok attack has too long of a cd for for just 1 assault action and nova kannonz are flawed for both sides and should be scrapped
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

MYNAME?

Postby MYNAME? » 27 June 2016, 09:37

I made millions of suggestions. Best thing that could happen is that they get a gradual rework from weapon costs, kostum points all the way up to giving certain ships special traits ex. (stealthy/ speedfreak/ da shootiest) Will make examples. Implementing atleast 1 or 2 cruiser type ships that you can select for a dedicated range role. The problem that orks and to some extent the eldar have is that they are linear. They need to make some ships more unique and give them some sort of trait that could help them be used for certain tasks.

Explaining perks for certain ships and perks you unluck depending on how you allocate your points.

Speed freak (Natural Perk for Basha Light cruiser)

These ships will have 188 speed and better turning speeds.

For balance reasons if you equip tractor cannons you lose your speed perk.

Silent running

I think this should be core. All ork ships should have Silent running.

The stealthy trait will function like camo and desipators would. You have extended duration and your brb wont reveal you until you make it within 12k 15 k of enemy ships

However if you equip tractors you lose the ability to silent run and cant get the stealthy trait.

In order for you to get the stealthy trait I think it should be a upgrade.

Da shootiest perk. (Unlocks ability)
Ability will be called DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA

This perk can only be givin to a ork battle cruiser and battleship

Your ship will receive this perk if you invest all your kostum slots into Macros it is optional and will give your guns a buff (I am not sure what it would be but this perk will turn your BC into your true close up damage dealer. Im gussing this perk/ ability should increase all your guns fire rate. Reduce enemy armor by 10 and allow you to shoot at enemies 6 k away. This ability would last 15 seconds im thinkin. During that time you dont want to even think of brawling the orks because their mega cannons and guns will be shooting every 4 seconds. To make it have a negative orky side of it you have a 25% chance to receive a non permanent critical on whatever gun is shootin at the enemy. Your guns would self crit after the cool down starts meaning you get to shoot all your guns but may have to make repairs after. RNG I know and probably pointless. But this would help a lil bit to get that orky feel.

This is one of the traits that you cant lose when equipping the tractor beam.

Psymple

Postby Psymple » 27 June 2016, 12:17

Bludfist wrote:Also by now I'm sure your all aware of my stance on favors were over reliant on trakktors cause we have no other catch tools, shok attack has too long of a cd for for just 1 assault action and nova kannonz are flawed for both sides and should be scrapped

It is two; and the extra upgrade is very useful.
Novas with the new Belt Armour are el borken, put them on every light cruiser.

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”