Blood Axes rework.

Wot is da best way to blow up gitz? DAKKA DAKKA DAKKA!
Jaw Rippa

Blood Axes rework.

Postby Jaw Rippa » 05 May 2016, 08:50

So, this favour is considered useless unless spammed on light vessels, because of unreliable nature of exploding prow part of the ship so I have a simple rework :

- In addition to "Running silent" ship gains "Tactical maneuver" ability. To make it "orkier" it could be different from IN/Chaos, and instead of turning with a boost, ship strafes to the side for 1/3 of gauge meter. Useful for dodging bombs and torpedoes while you keep facing same direction you were going, could be used to ram squisher ships with your side armor or close in for side boarding. In any case it improves your ability to aim torpedoes and ram, so it could compete with tractor beam.
- Ship gains an ability to execute captain(making squigs upgrade absolete for this ship), crew is less likely to disobey and mutiny debuff is halved.

Blood Axes is more disciplined clan compared to other orks and they sometimes use imperial tactics and cunning tricks. I believe that my favor bonuses reflect their flavor.
Last edited by Jaw Rippa on 26 May 2016, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.

Heavy

Re: Blood Axes rework.

Postby Heavy » 05 May 2016, 10:55

I fully support this idea.

Especially the part with the "sidestrafe", i don't know if this is lore-wise correct (i don't have much knowledge about tabletop etc.).
But if its correct i would really love to see that.

In comparison with the other flavors, Blood Axes just don't bring as much desirable stuff.

BrianDavion

Postby BrianDavion » 05 May 2016, 12:03

given the prow heavy nature of Ork ships a side strafe would be overpowered

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 05 May 2016, 13:38

Just make it a bombardment cannon that cannot explode

Every one hates nova kannonz

You don't even need to change the weapon model
Chaos walking into Aldorf be like
Spoiler : :

Jaw Rippa

Postby Jaw Rippa » 05 May 2016, 13:50

Heavy wrote:I fully support this idea.

Especially the part with the "sidestrafe", i don't know if this is lore-wise correct (i don't have much knowledge about tabletop etc.).
But if its correct i would really love to see that.

We are talking about orks! Anything is possible for that faction) Strapping giant exhaust pipes to both sides? Why not?

Bludfist wrote:Just make it a bombardment cannon that cannot explode

What does bombardment cannon do? Also don't you think that getting only a weapon and "Silent moving" is kinda lacking for a favour?

BrianDavion wrote:given the prow heavy nature of Ork ships a side strafe would be overpowered

Not as much as a tractor beam. Besides, if sidestrafing is OP/silly, then we could always just give it just a normal boosted turn that IN/chaos have.

Maye

Postby Maye » 05 May 2016, 13:54

A bombardment canon would be a better mega kanon, we don't use the blood axe favor for that, we use the nova canon to wipe eldars with heavy aoe. I have no issue with this favor, build your ships around broadside and you will be fine.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 05 May 2016, 18:19

Maye wrote:

A bombardment canon would be a better mega kanon, we don't use the blood axe favor for that, we use the nova canon to wipe eldars with heavy aoe. I have no issue with this favor, build your ships around broadside and you will be fine.

No,

Firstly look at the stats of the bombardment on the stike cruiser in the campaign

48 dmg at 15s with a 22% crit chance it's exactly like the mega kannon a looted variant of it dosnt need to have the 6k range and 270 firing arc and can have modified stats to be weaker if SM cannons turn out to be stronger than shown on the stike cruiser

Heres what a bombardment cannon would for orks, firstly as the kustomization system works you can either go for a strong prow or a strong broadsides
a bombardment cannon would let an ork ship that goes broadside heavy to still heavy a scary prow

And a ship tha goes prow heavy to have an even scarier prow

Your not understanding by blood axe favor is disliked from both sides firstly in a 700 point match you can field like 5-6 novas that absolutely broken and pure cheese, mass novas are extremely very unfun to play vs

And on the other side losing the belt armor that you need to protect your engines along with loosing your prow gunz and either your torp lauchas or mega cannon is a very significant loss in dps that just makes it non viable espically In comparison to much better favors like evil sunz

Lastly eldars SS lets that boost out Nova circles and lastly you don't need novas trakktors, ram and onslought spam is more than enough

Maye

Postby Maye » 05 May 2016, 18:55

Bludfist wrote:...

I mostly play in 2v2, so again, I don't care having a new 6k range weapon or whatever, atm you get nuked by stealth pulsars from 12k range, your traktors are useless because of the flip dash that follow the pulsar, but if the eldar dash then follow 4 nova hits, your new 6k range weapons won't fire a thing against a competent voidstalker pilot, the nova will. On this forum I only see QQ about cheese this cheese that, blablabla QQ. With 4 orks nova on the field they will fire statistically 16 times, that is at best 1600 hp, it is not that much since you can dodge it or miss and it will be the only damages you can do to a voidstalker. I do play other faction with tank build, nova are not an issue, they rarely break the shield of our 4 imperial cruisers but yeah here the ppl still QQ.

So yeah I fly a boardingtorp spam compo with NC to punish eldars. Losing the prow is a non issue if your build is adequate.

Edit : I'm not here to give fun to my opponent, I use strategies to win, by that, the other side will not have any fun since they are losing.

Jerjare

Postby Jerjare » 05 May 2016, 19:44

I had thought of a similar idea.

Mine was to make the Nova Cannon a Siege Gun that fired a torpedo-like projectile at a range of up to 12k units, traveling about the same speed as imperials' boosted torpedoes. The advantage here is you can blindfire so you can try to snipe enemies that are hiding as blips/invisible for a big 200 damage shot. The other advantage would be that you could fire it point blank at enemies for a nice instant alpha strike. The attack wouldn't ignore shields, but would treat armor as 25. You couldn't spam it at obscenely long ranges, but it wouldn't blow up either.

For Kommando Training, they could go a couple of different ways:

-A version of BRB that lets you strafe either left or right, which would synergize really well with a gun that only fires straight ahead and allow the Ork player to make unpredictable L shaped maneuvers

-An ability that swaps the ship's position with a gas cloud, asteroid field, or mine which has tons of tactical potential and would make a Blood Axe ship function as an excellent flagship for data or assassination defense.

Bludfist

Postby Bludfist » 05 May 2016, 19:56

Maye wrote:
Bludfist wrote:...

I mostly play in 2v2, so again, I don't care having a new 6k range weapon or whatever, atm you get nuked by stealth pulsars from 12k range, your traktors are useless because of the flip dash that follow the pulsar, but if the eldar dash then follow 4 nova hits, your new 6k range weapons won't fire a thing against a competent voidstalker pilot, the nova will. On this forum I only see QQ about cheese this cheese that, blablabla QQ. With 4 orks nova on the field they will fire statistically 16 times, that is at best 1600 hp, it is not that much since you can dodge it or miss and it will be the only damages you can do to a voidstalker. I do play other faction with tank build, nova are not an issue, they rarely break the shield of our 4 imperial cruisers but yeah here the ppl still QQ.

So yeah I fly a boardingtorp spam compo with NC to punish eldars. Losing the prow is a non issue if your build is adequate.

Edit : I'm not here to give fun to my opponent, I use strategies to win, by that, the other side will not have any fun since they are losing.

Yeah that's great and all but

Eldar are going to be loosing thier 3k pulsar upgrade so they will be engaging at 6k range bar voidstalkers

Inside the novas dead zone where trakktors and another projectile fun would be more benifical

You can write off stuff as the you want to play to win and all that jazz if you want
And ignore flawed game design

The rest of us will be looking for a rework so that this favor dost promote bad game play and furthermore become viable and competitive with other better ork favors

Return to “Ork Pirate Fleets”